Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: September Brides

Default September Brides

Hi Ladies!

I'm just curious as to how all the other September brides are getting on with their planning, what do you have done and left to do? How are you feeling?

When are you having your hen night, and when are you sending out your invitations?

I absolutely can't wait and it feels like time is passing so slowly, but I suppose I should be grateful for the time!

Also, what dates are you all? I want some date twins
    Sunday 7th September 2014

Hello!

I'm on the 6th and yet to find my date twin

I was just at a wedding last weekend and it was the first time it really felt real! H2B was best man and even he said it really hit him that it will be us soon!! At the moment we have another wedding and I have a hen weekend between now and then so not sure it will feel close till after that. I reckon it will go fast enough

My hen is planned for Sat 9th Aug in Edinburgh during the festival. Invites are almost ready and I plan to send them out last week in June/first week in July (invites say RSVP by 9th Aug).

I feel pretty on top of all the main stuff and just enjoying doing little things till it gets a bit closer. Right now I'm arranging the menu tasting with the hotel and hair/make-up for MOG. Also sorting out little gifts for folk. Just bought some luggage for honeymoon which was exciting!

Some things on my to do list include, testing cake recipes (making my own), practicing decorating them, practicing making favours (tablet), finishing invites, looking for shoes, getting honeymoon clothes, picking readings, making fingerprint tree, buy guestbook, getting BOTH passports, organising pre-wedding shoot, organising hair/make-up trial (can't do it on my hen anymore) and get grooms kilt!

You got lots to do or under control? When is your big day?

I'm 7th September! Hello date twin!!!

I seem to have come to a bit of a halt with the planning as everything is done!

My hen do is on 9th August as well. I've not thought about invites yet, Hubby to be is doing them so I think we'll probably start designing them in May and get them printed and sent out in early July.

I need to arrange a menu tasting, makeup trial, finalise flowers, buy the men's suits, find a comb of some sort for the BM's hair and think of some songs for the videographer. I've got the BM's jewellery as a gift but I also want to put together a wee box/bag of things to use on the day...mints, lip balm, tissues etc so I need to start looking at ideas!

This is a great idea for a thread, we can keep each other right!

C x

Helloo...I'm a September Bride and Lorrainep - ur date twin I feel fine until I start thinking about it, then I turn into a blubbering wreck ha ha - I'm such an emotional person though, no idea how I will survive the close run up to the wedding.

All the big things are done, just booked MUA; and in the process of making our invitations, not sure when to send them, was thinking June sometime. Hen weekend is in July - complete surprise so looking forward to that. It's really just the gifts to get, and I still need to find something for my hair and a veil - does losing weight and toning up count here? ha ha - that part is not going as well as hoped! Still need to decide on vows and readings too, and get a new passport.

I keep having moments where I think I'm organised, but then have a mini breakdown and go into triple checking mode.

It's so exciting......I can't wait....now I'm gonna cry just typing this ha ha.

xx

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Helloo...I'm a September Bride and Lorrainep - ur date twin I feel fine until I start thinking about it, then I turn into a blubbering wreck ha ha - I'm such an emotional person though, no idea how I will survive the close run up to the wedding.
    Finally I have a date twin!!!!

I know what you mean about moments of panic - I've started writing random lists as and when I remember stuff. I also have an app on my phone and of course a spreadsheet which I obsessively check ha!

Also sympathise with the weight loss struggle - been actively trying for 6 weeks now and so far 6 pounds lost. If I can keep that momentum going I'll be happy but I expect there will be good weeks and lots of bad weeks!

When I was at the wedding last week I got a bit emotional knowing my dad wont be there to walk me up the aisle. The 6th is the day after what would have been his birthday so I'm worried it will be even more emotional than normal for the occasion. Really hope I can keep it together!

Great thread, look forward to hearing how everyone is getting on.

Senior Member EightTimesABridesmaid's Avatar

Hi girls!
    What a great thread! I'm the 5th of September and the past few days even Groom is getting in the countdown spirit!

We have been very organised for a while, still have the boys kilt hire to sort and fitting for grooms kilt that we are buying (both Groom jobs though!)

I've still to buy the wee flower girls dresses but my big sisters (the mums) have advised I wait a little bit longer to get them.

Have arranged my hair & make up trial for the 8th August and we're having a mini hen night at my mums and then the big girls hen night on the 9th August!!!

Weight loss is back on, but i've said that before...here's hoping i stop eating rubbish and cut back on the wine!

Invites are getting proof read and hope to have the hard copies soon to send out beginning of June, RSVP the 8th August.

Been singing hymns all week since we met up with our minister so have to choose readings and hymns! We're having one bible and one non-religious reading.

Also, we've bought some honeymoon clothes and stuff...only 5 pay days left!!! EEEK!

Awwwww, the emotions are terrible aren't they??? Think i'll need some Kalms or Valium! Ha! Cry at the drop of a hat thinking about the wedding lately.

Take care and keep us up to date with progress.

I'm almost a September bride (30th August) so I'll be watching this thread and then thinking SHOOT! I need to get my finger out and giving myself a panic!!

xx

Hi Girls im a september bride too (13th) EEk 5 pay days left???? now that is scary!!. We've (well me really! lol) have most most things under control. Booked in for my first dress fitting 26th July, hair and make up organised. Ive just recieved my invitation sample which i love so planning on ordering at the weekend. Off on first part of my hen do to Ibiza on 29th May!Super excited so i seem to have spent most of my time recently planning/worrying about what to take!! But yes deffo feeling the wedding excitement creeping in by the day.

Hello girls!

What a great thread! I'm 5th Sept so EightTimesABridesmaid you are my date twin!

I think we are pretty organised but no doubt there will be some wee things that will pop up!

Going to meet the florist next week which I'm very excited about! Still to book hair & make up trials but hoping to get a date that suits everyone soon so I can tick it off my list!

Going to order my invites soon with a view to sending them out maybe June time. Is that too early? This one puzzles me as I'd rather send them out & get rsvps in on time.

My hen party is the last weekend in June which is pretty early but my job has dictated that unfortunately! We have booked a big house just outside Largs. It has a hot tub & we get dinner cooked for us on Friday night & spa treatments before we leave on Sunday. The rest I am leaving up to my BM & Mum as I'm sure they'll arrange some fab, crazy stuff!

We're also hoping to arrange an engagement shoot with our photographer too for sometime over the summer.

I'm really excited! Main thing I'm stressing over is losing the weight! But I'm guessing most B2Bs are the same!

Not long to go girls!! :-)

Lovely to get all your replies

Clarabo - hooray a date twin! And we have Lorrainep and Harley the day before us Where are you getting married Clarabo?

All of you sound very organised

I have just finished getting all my BM gifts and the wee items for their gift bags to use on the day. My fiance has bought his shoes so far and is looking at suits, and my dress is in the process of being made - in the USA. Eek!

I live in Southampton so am going to Edinburgh in July for a meeting with my venue and a tasting, see my auntie who is making my cupcakes and doing our sweetie bar, try my dress on and check my flowers (both being delivered to my mum's in Scotland so I don't have to take them on the plane!) and have my hen night! Will be a busy but exciting few days.

I have my evening invites and thank you notes all ready and my day invites should arrive any day now. Hoping to send out the invitations for people in England in June, and people in Scotland in July (they've already had a save the date magnet last summer).

I don't *think* I have any big things left to organise (I hope, because if I have I've forgotten!) just some wee things to do closer to the time, like M1 forms, writing and sending invitations and hair & make up trials (also in July on my Edinburgh visit).

Phew! Guess for me April - June is the calm before the storm and things should get busier in July.

Please keep me up to date with how you are all doing ladies, loving reading your posts!

Just wanted to additionally congratulate Lorrainep on your weight loss! Fantastic it's so difficult isn't it?

I'm on a mega-diet, lost 2 stone since February and a few more to go. No one in Scotland knows I am on a diet or losing weight so I am hoping to appear at my July hen night a good few stone lighter and surprise them!

I also thought I'd attempt to amuse you with my "oh **** kit". I have this kit ready to go for getting ready on the morning of the wedding, it contains various items which should help us deal with any disasters that may befall us whilst getting ready! It also has some Kalms night time pills to help me sleep the night before, plus a bottle of rescue remedy for me the morning of the wedding (and for one of my particularly emotional bridesmaids). I may not need any of the stuff in the kit but I feel better just having it and being prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Nefaeri View Post
    Just wanted to additionally congratulate Lorrainep on your weight loss! Fantastic it's so difficult isn't it?

I'm on a mega-diet, lost 2 stone since February and a few more to go. No one in Scotland knows I am on a diet or losing weight so I am hoping to appear at my July hen night a good few stone lighter and surprise them!
    Wow 2 stone since February that's impressive!! You must tell me your secret!
    Thanks and well done to you too, I think if I can loose a stone in time for the day I'll be happy with that. Any more than that will be a bonus so will keep trying (although the Easter weekend didn't help!) I'm sure everyone will be amazed to see you in July.

In the last week I've bought jewellery for myself and my sister and managed to arrange a night to taste our menus in May (after a bit of debate with H2B on what we should have - STRESS!). I arranged one of the cakes for the dessert tables with 3D cakes. Its a bit of a novelty cake to go alongside my own creation and cupcakes, macarons etc. It's a surprise for the guests as well so I hope they like it! I also booked my MIL to-be into a local beauticians/hairdressers so she can have her hair and make-up done on the day. Part of my gift and a surprise for her.

I love the idea of a 'oh **** kit' I was planning on comfort baskets for evening guests but having an individual one for me sounds like a great plan!!

I'm so glad I've found this thread - I'm September 13th too Mrs-H-to-be and this thread might be al that stops me going spare in the next few months! It's a little early to get my bridesmaids whipped into a frenzy, but I'm already there, so at least we can all come on here and be excited together!

I think I'm mostly organised; we got engaged 2 years ago and I've been pretty much organising since then. The boys nabbed August 9th for the stag do, so I've picked July 25th for my hen do. It's a little earlier than I would have liked but it means our couple friends aren't paying for both the stag and hen out of the same month's pay and it coincides with the vintage festival in Glasgow which is where we're basing the day's shenanigans.

Most things are booked, I've only got a hairdresser left to find. i thought I did have one sorted but I had the trial last weekend (yes, again, very early, but I'm nothing if not organised (H2B would say 'picky' lol)) that wasn't great. My makeup was brilliant so I'm sticking with that but the hair......no. And that's the last thing to book, for me anyway. H2B needs to get his boys together for the kilts in the next couple of weeks then that'll be us.

We've got the invites in the house ready to post but it's killing me not doing it, but it would be a little premature sending them just now. I've told H2B I'll not send them before the beginning of June, but that might even be a challenge!

Like most of you I'm back on the healthy eating - I'd love to lose a stone by the end of August (dress fitting time!). I'm using My Fitness Pal app to count my calories, attending 3 lunchtime classes a week at a gym in town and doing the 4-mile walk home after work at least twice a week, but upping that to 3 when the weather's good. I'll not lie, last weekend with all the Easter eggs was a write-off - so I'm back on it anew today. I've bought my dress and it fits perfectly right now - other than needing a good foot taken off as I'm a total shortie, so I don't NEED to lose weight, but I know me and I'll FEEL better if I lose a little something.

Like I said, it's great to be able to talk to you all about the wedding things as I think I've exhausted my co-worker's a family's patience on this subject, just for a bit!

LorraineP, I'm doing the Cambridge diet which is why it's so quick! Your gift for your future MIL is so thoughtful and lovely Also love your ideas about cakes and comfort bags. Definitely feels good to have wee kits full of "just in cases!"

Aww MrsFanning2b! I know exactly how you feel. I am so excited I can abrely contain myself, and am having to try and bite my tongue to stop going on and on about it! I don't think my bridesmaids will be properly excited until about a week before the wedding, and even them 2 of them are cool as cucumbers so probably not even then :P
    Definitely starting to worry that folk are sick of me talking about it so this thread/forum is a godsend for me!
    My day invites have just arrived, so I'm probably going to be insane and get them all written and addressed this week and then try and not post them until June/July. I may have to ask my fiance to conviscate them :P
    My Fitness Pal is a fantastic wee app, I'm using that too. Good luck with slimming down, very impressed with all your fitness efforts!

Lovely to get all your replies

Clarabo - hooray a date twin! And we have Lorrainep and Harley the day before us Where are you getting married Clarabo?
    I'm getting married at 29 Royal Exchange Square, what about you? So excited to have a date twin! haha!

Well done on the weight loss! I lost 3.5stone last year and am at my target weight now but I still want to lose some inches, particularly on my bottom half. I've been doing weights with my trainer and I've stayed the same weight but lost another dress size on top....but my legs are being so stubborn!!

the 'oh **** kit' is a great idea! May steal that!

I don't really have anything weddingy planned for this week. Our venue has a new wedding coordinator and we need to make an appointment to go in and meet him so I might do that. I was also supposed to pull together name for my hen night to pass to my BMs at the weekend but the weather was so nice and we spent all our time doing the garden so I'll need to sort that out as well.

Any of you ladies have anything weddingy planned this week??

C x

Oooh 29 Royal Exchange Square looks lovely I'm at the Ghillie Dhu, ceremony at 2.30pm. What time is yours? It's so nice to have a date twin and know there's someone else not too far away from me doing the same thing

Congrats on your weight loss! That's amazing. How did you manage to lose it? I'm not too bothered about my legs (well, they're lower priority) as the dress will hide them It's my belly I want gone, or at least deflated a bit :P

I'm doing all my wedding planning remotely from Southampton so may just write invitations (very prematurely) or go suit shopping with my groom

I'd never heard of the Ghillie Dhu before but just googled it and wow, it's stunning! Can't wait to see pics of your wedding afterwards!!

I lost the first half of my weight just doing plain old calorie counting along with a personal trainer but I then his a bit of a wall and switched to the 5:2 diet and the rest just fell off! I also run a lot so that's helped! I've always been bottom heavy and I still feel like my backside and thighs could do with losing some inches...plus my dress is fishtail and is tight all the way to the knee! Dress won't be in til June so I have a while to work on it!

How are you finding planning from afar? I guess it's not that difficult these days when everything can be done online!

X

Quote Originally Posted by clarabo View Post
    I'd never heard of the Ghillie Dhu before but just googled it and wow, it's stunning! Can't wait to see pics of your wedding afterwards!!

I lost the first half of my weight just doing plain old calorie counting along with a personal trainer but I then his a bit of a wall and switched to the 5:2 diet and the rest just fell off! I also run a lot so that's helped! I've always been bottom heavy and I still feel like my backside and thighs could do with losing some inches...plus my dress is fishtail and is tight all the way to the knee! Dress won't be in til June so I have a while to work on it!

How are you finding planning from afar? I guess it's not that difficult these days when everything can be done online!

X
    Thanks clarabo, really happy with the venue. Will suit us and our rather gothic wedding!

I think everyone has body bits they don't like but I think they always look/seem worse to us than to anyone else. Is the 5:2 diet where you eat healthily 5 days a week, then eat whatever 2 days a week? That's my plan to try once I have finished on my current diet and am hopefully at my goal weight

Whats your dress like and how is your planning? Are you excited/nervous or still quite calm?

Planning from afar is okay thanks to phone and email, though it's a bit of a pain that I can't just pop into the venue for a look or have trials whenever I want, really hoping my trials in July are good as wouldn't want to try and find others that close to the wedding. I'm only going to be in Edinburgh a few days in July, and then going up a few days before the wedding, so there's a lot to fit in for July (menu tasting, going to see my auntie about our cakes, trials, venue meeting and meeting DJs).

Yet I still want it to hurry up and be July

Quote Originally Posted by mrsfanning2b View Post
    I'm so glad I've found this thread - I'm September 13th too Mrs-H-to-be and this thread might be al that stops me going spare in the next few months! It's a little early to get my bridesmaids whipped into a frenzy, but I'm already there, so at least we can all come on here and be excited together!

I think I'm mostly organised; we got engaged 2 years ago and I've been pretty much organising since then. The boys nabbed August 9th for the stag do, so I've picked July 25th for my hen do. It's a little earlier than I would have liked but it means our couple friends aren't paying for both the stag and hen out of the same month's pay and it coincides with the vintage festival in Glasgow which is where we're basing the day's shenanigans.

Most things are booked, I've only got a hairdresser left to find. i thought I did have one sorted but I had the trial last weekend (yes, again, very early, but I'm nothing if not organised (H2B would say 'picky' lol)) that wasn't great. My makeup was brilliant so I'm sticking with that but the hair......no. And that's the last thing to book, for me anyway. H2B needs to get his boys together for the kilts in the next couple of weeks then that'll be us.

We've got the invites in the house ready to post but it's killing me not doing it, but it would be a little premature sending them just now. I've told H2B I'll not send them before the beginning of June, but that might even be a challenge!

Like most of you I'm back on the healthy eating - I'd love to lose a stone by the end of August (dress fitting time!). I'm using My Fitness Pal app to count my calories, attending 3 lunchtime classes a week at a gym in town and doing the 4-mile walk home after work at least twice a week, but upping that to 3 when the weather's good. I'll not lie, last weekend with all the Easter eggs was a write-off - so I'm back on it anew today. I've bought my dress and it fits perfectly right now - other than needing a good foot taken off as I'm a total shortie, so I don't NEED to lose weight, but I know me and I'll FEEL better if I lose a little something.

Like I said, it's great to be able to talk to you all about the wedding things as I think I've exhausted my co-worker's a family's patience on this subject, just for a bit!
    Hi
    wedding date twin wow you are verrry organised indeed, I think it's so much better that way , takes out some of the stress and allows you to enjoy the run up to your special day (well that's what I'm hoping for) I'm constantly writing list upon list it's driving my other haf mad but glad to see its not just me!! Nice to hear that your all making positive steps in your plans I'm going to get on the healthy eating malarkey! I keep putting it off - ive only got 37 days till me hen do - bikini body requires drastic attention! Lol xxx

Thanks clarabo, really happy with the venue. Will suit us and our rather gothic wedding!

I think everyone has body bits they don't like but I think they always look/seem worse to us than to anyone else. Is the 5:2 diet where you eat healthily 5 days a week, then eat whatever 2 days a week? That's my plan to try once I have finished on my current diet and am hopefully at my goal weight

Whats your dress like and how is your planning? Are you excited/nervous or still quite calm?

Planning from afar is okay thanks to phone and email, though it's a bit of a pain that I can't just pop into the venue for a look or have trials whenever I want, really hoping my trials in July are good as wouldn't want to try and find others that close to the wedding. I'm only going to be in Edinburgh a few days in July, and then going up a few days before the wedding, so there's a lot to fit in for July (menu tasting, going to see my auntie about our cakes, trials, venue meeting and meeting DJs).

Yet I still want it to hurry up and be July
    No, it's the opposite! You eat what you want 5 days a week and fast for 2 days (500 cals). It's amazing, not for everyone I'd imagine but it's really worked for me and I find it so easy as I do t have to faff with counting cals for most of the week!

My dress is a lace fishtail, with scalloped lace at the top sitting slightly off the shoulder. I've added a plain thin satin belt to draw the waist and might change to a blingy on in the evening. Can't decide! It's v slim fitting which is the complete opposite I what I wanted. I wanted a princess dress but when I tried them on they did nothing for me. The lady in the first dress shop persuaded me into a mermaid dress which I had stayed away from as I hate my thighs...but as soon as I put it on I just knew that was the style for me. It totally balances my shape out! What is your dress like??

I'm not quite at the excited stage yet. Still feels so far away. I think it's because I'm in a planning lull and maybe once things start happening like dresses coming in, rings being ready etc I might get excited again! I hope so anyway!!

C x

Clarabo your dress sounds gorgeous! I love the mermaid/fishtail style and was very tempted by that style, but I don't have a good enough waist. I personally think that style of dress looks better with curves especially on the lower half, I bet you look amazing in it

D'oh, can't believe I got it wrong about the 5:2 diet :P Shows what I know. You really find that keeps your weight down? When you eat what you want for the 5 days are you careful at all or just have whatever you fancy? Do you do exercise alongside it?

I'm a little shy about mentioning my dress here as it is *not* the traditional bridal dress! It's going to be black and dark red, corseted and with a long full skirt, lace sleeves off the shoulder. I love traditional bridal dresses but they aren't me at all.

I'm excited and nervous already but yeah, it feels ages away for me too. I have my rings already and my invitations just need to be written and then posted in the summer but I think the proper excitement may start in July when I have my hen night

Feel sick with nerves quite often though!

oooh your dress sounds amazing! And will be fab in your venue! I love things that are a bit unusual, did you see the wedding in SWD a couple of issues ago and the brides dress was like peacock colours...gorgeous and so unusual!

Not sure if I look amazing in my dress just yet but I'm working on it! haha! The 5:2 definitely got the weight off me, and is keeping it off. I generally eat what I like on normal days...within reason! I couldn't live on pizza etc and still expect the weight to come off! I do group personal training twice a week and also run so that helps too!

I'm feeling quite excited today as I arranged a meeting with the new wedding coordinator at our venue for next week and then I got a text from the lady making my headdress and jewellery to say they are ready to be picked up! Only problem is I'm ridiculously busy the next few weekends so god knows when I'll be able to get down to Kilmarnock to collect them! aaargh!!!

C xx

Got another couple things ticked off my list including jewellery arriving for myself and bridesmaid which I love. Nice matching tennis bracelets. Also managed to arrange my meeting with the events manager as well which will be in early June. H2B is finishing college in May so super busy. Lastly I've arranged cupcakes and giant cupcake for my dessert table. I think I need to stop now as I've got more than enough for the guests to eat twice over lol!

Your dresses both sound really unique and personal to you. I know you'll all look great whatever the weight lost but it's so true that it's as much about feeling good in your head. My dress fitted perfect when I purchased it as an ex sample sale. And because it's style is not figure hugging on my hips (being a pear shape), I don't need to worry about that as much. However I am worrying more about my arms which I hate - bingo wings ahoy lol another pound lost this week so long may it continue!

Tomorrow I want to overhaul my spreadsheet with all my suppliers cos I'm struggling to keep track now. If I have enough time I might also ice some of my practice cakes ready to play with next week. What's everyone else up to?
    Last edited by Lorrainep; 01-05-2014 at 12:36 PM. Reason: spelling!

Well done losing another pound Lorrainep! I know what you mean about arms, I've started doing loads of kettlebells to try and sort mine out by september...starting to finally notice a bit of muscle definition!

Glad I'm not the only one with a spreadsheet! I was updating mine the other night and got a bit of a fright when I noticed the total...need to keep more of an eye on it!

I've got a birthday and a christening this weekend so not doing much wedding stuff. I did order a few bits for our candle lighting part of our ceremony...just a nice tray for the candles to sit on and some crystal heart pins to push into the candles to make them a bit less plain. Also been thinking about invite wording and what info to put in the wee information sheet. Trying to keep it informal without it being too casual!

What's everyone else up to?

C x

For me this weeks tasks have included contacting the minister to arrange a time to pick hyms and readings for the ceremony, ordered some personalised wedding ribbon for my favours and bought some shabby chic type frames for the weddign photos i plan to place around the venue. Oh and I got my teeth whitened in preparation for my hen doo!!! Ive always fancied this so took the plunge last night, ive got to say im quite impressed with the results.