Thread: Can someone please recommend a band for my wedding?

Default Can someone please recommend a band for my wedding?

Hi,

I am in need of some recommendations for a band for my wedding. I get married October next year but i know you need to book any decent bands well in advance so i need to get this booked as soon as possible.
    I live in perth but the wedding is in Blairgowrie. Any help anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi

Im getting married in Pitlochry and our band is Cut the Cake. They are great, we went to see them one night before we booked them and they really were fab.

There's quite a few bands out there though and most are willing to travel. Some other bands that come to mind are Aurora (we wanted them initially but our date was booked), wildcard or the staurns. Look on the music for scotland web page, they list hundreds of bands.

Good luck!

xx

Super Senior Member Nikigotmarried!'s Avatar

Hello!

We've booked Seattle for our wedding band. http://www.seattleweddingband.co.uk/

They were great at getting back to us when we contacted them and when we went to see them live before confirming our booking, we managed to meet them at the end of their break and they are really lovely guys. Very professional and got everyone back on the dancefloor with some great songs straight away when they started back up again. We left really happy and booked them that night

We had been looking for a while and so many bands were already booked for our date which was 16 months away at the time - crazy! It's never to early to start looking, so you're right to be thinking about it now. Let us know how you get on!

xxxx

Hi

We used a band called Kilter (Ross 0845 301 7430). They also have a website where you can hear them play - just google it.

They are a ceilidh band with a bit of a twist as they start off with a traditional ceilidh music piece and when people are dancing they'll throw in a modern song in ceilidh fashion. We also had a little bit of a disco and they will play songs of your choice.

The band was great and the guys were really friendly. I would wholeheartedly recommend them

Thank you very much for all your recommendations they are much appreciated. I have already emailed several of the bands for quotes.
    What is the usual price to have a band playing at your reception for up to 5 hours?
    I have no idea what is a good price to pay. Our budget is a bit tight so i want to make sure i pay the right price.

Thank you

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by balthazar1275 View Post
    Thank you very much for all your recommendations they are much appreciated. I have already emailed several of the bands for quotes.
    What is the usual price to have a band playing at your reception for up to 5 hours?
    I have no idea what is a good price to pay. Our budget is a bit tight so i want to make sure i pay the right price.

Thank you

Michelle

i am using the same band as Niki'sgettingmarried! they are fab

depends on the size of the band for the quote, most 4 piece bands quoted us about 1000 for the normal plus another 100-300 for the extra hour!

you can always try negotiate the prices.
    Wedding date 2/10/10

how about www.myweddingband.co.uk - we have booked them for ours. Not too expensive. Always have the dance floor filled. You can check some live vids on you tube.

Default My Wedding Band

Quote Originally Posted by 12thjune2010 View Post
    how about www.myweddingband.co.uk - we have booked them for ours. Not too expensive. Always have the dance floor filled. You can check some live vids on you tube.
    I've seen My Wedding Band and they are fab, really up to date. Going to see them with my parents on Thursday to see if they agree and its a done deal.
    I would highly recommend them

We've booked a band called Dignan, Dowell & White. One of them is the brother of a good friend of mine. Seen them a few times at parties etc and they play at ARTA in Glasgow. On hire a band.com they have a playlist that you can listen to.
    Good Luck xx

Super Senior Platinum Member BalbirnieDreamer's Avatar

Most quotes we got were between 1100-1400 from 8pm til midnight then extra by the hour after. Aurora are great but when we enquired in April (26 months before our wedding) they were already booked We have gone with the Funky Bumpers now who we love just as much!
    Lx
    Craig and Laura's Wedding Website
    16th of June 2012

Hiya,

I agree with others about Funky bumpers and aurora, both these bands are great. We booked Ernest. They do a 4 hour set with a 30 min Ceilidh if you want.

They are playing in Arta in Glasgow this Wednesday. I'm going in to see them (again!) lol. They also have a website and a few clips on YouTube.

Good luck with your search
    Xxx

We have booked Aurora for our wedding. The guys are brilliant and have replied to any emails within 24 hours to answer any questions.

We also liked Ernest

We've booked Moondance - www.moondance-wedding-band.co.uk

We also really liked Soul Train but they were booked on our date.

We had Aurora at our wedding in April and they were AMAZING! They absolutely made the reception and they were really nice guys as well.

Thats good to hear Johnsonlou! We're having them this April for our wedding!

Another vote for Ernest, saw them Wednesday night........ Truly AMAZING. We booked them for next August but they have very few dates left.

We booked Nightshift, after seeing them at a wedidng fayre and then at a wedding in Airth Castle. Fantastic both times!

http://www.wedding-inspiration.com/wedding-music/risky-business-indeed/

Advertisers

Quote Originally Posted by Glenskirlie princess View Post
    Hiya,

I agree with others about Funky bumpers and aurora, both these bands are great. We booked Ernest. They do a 4 hour set with a 30 min Ceilidh if you want.

They are playing in Arta in Glasgow this Wednesday. I'm going in to see them (again!) lol. They also have a website and a few clips on YouTube.

Good luck with your search
    Xxx
    Ernest are absolutely magic. Highly highly recommended!

Last time I saw them, they asked for requests, so my father-in-law being a bit of a smarty pants shouted a reasonably obscure Led Zepellin song which they launched into immediately. Cracking musicians, and the ceilidh section is great too.

Alan

www.apollostringquartet.com
    Hear us play! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD2WoKBT7eY