Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Any 2016 brides on here ?

Default Any 2016 brides on here ?

Hi

Getting married 28th may 2016 !

any other may 2016 brides on here ?

feel free to chat ideas

Mrskerr2be

I am getting married on 11th December 2016 at Brig O Doon in Alloway.

This is the only thing we have booked, but I know the band I want; H2B's tartan; colour schemes; the type of photography etc.

I'm also getting cards ordered to send to my bridesmaids to ask them.

Hi and congratulations !

we have our venue booked and like you I know what colour schemes I want, cake, florist, photographer etc.

I want to start booking suppliers but everyone says its too soon and I should wait and I don't know what I should do, I don't see the harm in being organised as h2b is leaving it all to me to organise !

Super Senior Member

Congratulations ladies! I was in a similar timescale to you Mrsmcgowantobe - booked in Jan 2013 for June 2015. But by March 2013 I had booked my venue, photographer, videographer, band, cake, transport for guests and myself. I knew who I wanted and ive never regretted booking so in advance when I hear some girls I know not getting their first choice of photographer, band etc. And as much as you prob hate hearing it (haha) it does go in fast! Ive only 14 months to go and I had 30 when I booked! If you and the supplier are happy I don't see why not x

Thanks AFx ! You have made up my mind haha

Ive had a few friends who didn't get their first choices and I don't want that to happen to me so think I will start getting in touch with suppliers !

i can't wait till I have 14 months to go ! X

Super Senior Member

That's what made my mind up for me! Thinking I might not get them. One supplier at an exhibition actually said to me if you want X for your date and you think you can leave it for a couple of months there will be another bride on the same date as you right behind you! Which I have definitely found! It really will come round fast, when I booked I got the whole oh that's ages away but I got 2013 to myself to look at ideas book the main suppliers etc and enjoy it - now its the year before the wedding people are more interested but Im glad I had that time x

Hi everyone,

I am also getting married in 2016. We have decided on Saturday 11th June 2016.

I have a booked a few big things as I didnt want to miss out on my first choices. We have booked the venue, band, photographer and videographer too. I am so glad we booked when we did as I now know someone else who is getting married on the same day!! The photographer we were considering was kind enough to email me to let me know that she had an enquiry for the same day, so we booked and paid the deposits right there and then!

Cant wait for all the exciting things to organise like dresses, flowers etc!! Hurry up 2016!!

xoxo

Hey! ... Im getting married july 2nd 2016 at the inchture hotel, I booked my venue in january,

I have also booked my photographer, videographer and piper, also booked a few things from blueparrot events and bought my center pieces. Im having cadbury purple, my cousin is making my wedding cake for me(she does bespoke wedding cakes) My venue comes with entertainment for reception. I know most things i want but any advice i give is getting booking all the main things now, my photographer and videographer has closed the diary for june/july 2016 as fully booked now xx

Hi everyone!!
    I'm getting married 2nd July 2016 at The Gailes in Irvine!
    We've booked our venue, celebrant, photographer, DJ and chair covers and centrepieces!
    Also the other day I found my dress!!!! <3 in love with it and can't stop smiling about it!

We wanted to be organised so we know how much we are spending and most people we are making monthly payments to!

Roll on 2016!!
    Xx

wow same date karynmartin xx

Wow karynmartin on finding your dress !! But if you know what you want then go for it !!

I fell in love with a beautiful headdress last week but my sister talked me out of buying it as I haven't bought my dress yet, I know what style of dress I want and the headdress would be perfect but she thinks I should wait till I buy my dress.

lots of organised brides on here

OMG I'm getting married on 30th April 2016 and, looking at how organised all of you are, I am now FREAKING OUT! haha... but in all seriousness. Well done! I am getting married in Glasgow University Chapel on 30th April '16 and hoping Duntreath Castle for Reception. Though I live in Glasgow now, I'm originally from Irvine Karyn! Gailes is a lovely venue! Also going to a wedding in Brig-o-doon in October '15 Mrskerr2be so I'll let you know how that goes!! Looking forward to hearing more of all your wedding plans everyone! Great forum this. I've jut ben approved today, and I'm totally addicted! El

Im getting married on 11th june 2016 at rosslea hall hotel. I am desperate to start booking everything but everyones saying its too soon!!

We are due our 2nd baby in october so after that i am gettin right down to wedding planning on my mat leave!!

Very exciting!! Sam xx

Mrskerr2be

Thought I'd jump back in here, h2b and I have had to change the date and venue - so we're now getting married on 9th July 2016 at Pollokshields Burgh Hall.

We're waiting on our deposit coming back from Brig O Doon and then we can pay the deposit for PBH. After that I'm wanting to our caterer, then the band; photographer and videographer: I'm hoping the one's I like will be at the SECC show in October and I get get it done there. Once we've got that sorted it'll be time for the dresses and the smaller bits and pieces.

We are also using some of my SAAS every month to go towards deposits and saving, so that'll start in August.

Mrskerr2be

I'm definitely needing to get my bum into gear! I emailed my favourite photographers from seeing their blogs and reviews on websites (Craig and Eva Sanders) and they're already booked!

Thought I'd update everyone... H2B and I just booked our reception.

We are still getting married on 30th April 2016 @ glasgow uni chapel but our reception will be at the Parsonage in Airth! Very excited.

It's so real now. Found a few photographers too so I'm going to contact some of them.

Mrskerr2be. .. If you don't mind me asking... what happened to brig o doon? Elx

Mrskerr2be

Quote Originally Posted by Elw View Post

We are still getting married on 30th April 2016 @ glasgow uni chapel but our reception will be at the Parsonage in Airth! Very excited.

It's so real now. Found a few photographers too so I'm going to contact some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elw View Post

I need to narrow down my photographers - I've got a whole list of them at the ready haha!

Ehm, originally we were December 2016 but realised that if I didn't get a job after my paid probation I'd be unemployed for 6 months before then, and didn't want extra strain on ourselves with making supplier payments.
    We changed to July 2016, but this upset h2b's daughter's mum's family (long thread on emotional support) so we had to cancel - there were no other dates or days we could do: if I didn't have a job after June 2016 we didn't want to wait too long for financial reasons, and if I did then I didn't want to rock the boat with wedding time off; we also couldn't do it before summer 2016 as I didn't want to interrupt my probation for wedding time off, nor did I want to get married one day with no time off before and then back to work after a day or two.

I'm thankful we found PBH as I love it - it reminds me of Brig with the high ceilings, being a bit more 'period' etc. Plus I'm saying it's a mini castle haha!
    I'm still gutted about Brig though, as it was my first choice and I had been imagining everything there. On the day it won't matter, but it's just one of those hard to shake feelings x

Hi ladies,

I'm also a 2016 bride although we just decided on a date over the weekend! It's 27th Feb and we are hopefully going to book the Western House Hotel in Ayr on Friday. I'm now stressing that I'm too far behind! We haven't booked anything yet! Lol

x

Mrskerr2be

Quote Originally Posted by LouLousGettingMarried View Post
    Hi ladies,

I'm also a 2016 bride although we just decided on a date over the weekend! It's 27th Feb and we are hopefully going to book the Western House Hotel in Ayr on Friday. I'm now stressing that I'm too far behind! We haven't booked anything yet! Lol

x

Don't worry about being far behind, just make a list of what suppliers are a 'must' and then work from there.
    We're just waiting on a cheque to clear, hopefully tomorrow, and then we'll do caterers and photographers.

My list is: venue; caterers; photographers; band; videographer and ceremony music; entertainment for guests during drinks reception; brides dresses and accessories; venue decor; groom and groomsmen outfits; bridesmaid dresses; flowers and cars; guest transport and then all the other bits and bobs like favours, gifts etc.
    (those are the main, I've probably forgotten something or other, but you get the jist)

I'm making all my own stationery, so that'll be an ongoing project through the whole planning stage.

Quote Originally Posted by futuremrshendo View Post
    Im also getting married on Saturday 16th July 2016 at mar hall
    ! So excited! I wish it was 2016!! We have so far booked the venue, the band, cars and we have just about decided oa photographer!! Loving all the planning!!
    Ah date twin! Congratulations! Im getting married that day! Were getting married at piperdam and we really only have that and our cars booked! Lol ive started dress shopping cos im fussy and can take ages to order in. Were gonna go see about photographer and videographer soon. And have found who will do my flowers and chair covers etc just need to pay deposits. Also the registrar which I hear is pretty important! Haha x

Advertisers

We all know how expensive and time consuming organising a wedding can be! With 1000's of suppliers to choose from the choice can be over whelming and how do you know who is the right one for you? With our wealth of knowledge and expertise in the wedding industry, we can help you make the RIGHT one! How do we do that? Well with I Do Licious, we work with some of Scotland's best & well established suppliers in the industry who list fantastic money saving packages with us so it makes your budget go that bit further. Why not register today at www.idolicious.co.uk and see how much you can save and put towards that extra something that you've always wanted

Quote Originally Posted by MissMarsh View Post
    Hi girls! We're getting married on 4th June 2016 and thought we were pretty organised having the venue booked... Looks like I better get my backside in gear It's really exciting reading everyone's posts... Roll on 2016! Xx
    aw Congratulations! dont worry I have the venue and cars and everything else is pretty much 'I must pay deposit on that' and it never happens haha still though 2 years is plenty time! My friend planned hers in 7 months!! :O I know I love hearing all the stories too! So exciting! X
    Claire & Darren, Piperdam, July 2016

Hi ladies

We are getting married 26 March 2016 at The Vu, Bathgate. I have booked the venue, make up and hair, photographer and videographer too!
    I am glad I have them booked, know what I need to pay and got who I wanted!
    X

Eeeekkk...after having nothing done, we've now got venue, photographer, videographer, dj and almost celebrant booked

Those were my 'main things' so I'm going to relax now until the new year then get dress shopping lol

Is there a list of local wedding fayres I can find?

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsmcgowantobe View Post
    Hi

Getting married 28th may 2016 !

any other may 2016 brides on here ?

feel free to chat ideas
    This is my hubby's birthday
    Youwill get loads of help from the girls and guys on here, everyone is lovely and you'll find fab ideas and recommendations galore! I found it was an absolute godsend in the year run up to my wedding!
    xxx