Thread: DIY Stationary - Let's Get a Move on!

Senior Platinum Member

Default DIY Stationary - Let's Get a Move on!

Well after having a dream last week that we had 4 weeks to the wedding and no-one knew about the wedding as I didn't send the invitations I though I should get a move on with them!

I will need to finish our Save the Dates this weekend and get them out first tho! I will get some pictures on of them !

So I've been putting some ideas together for our invitations and I think I want pocket folds but i only like the portrait ones with the pocket being at the bottom on the right once its open... I will try find a picture!

Has anyone tackled these completely on their own or would recommend buying them from any where at a reasonable price?

Also has anyone though about using small invitation boxed for their invitations rather than envelopes thinking this could end up costing a small forune but I like the idea!

If anyone knows of any places these could be bought too I would really love if you could share all recommendations would be greatly appreciated ! xxx

I ordered my pocketfold invites from PDA Card and Craft and found them to be really reasonable price wise and the card is good quality also! I've got 6 weeks to start getting my day invites out so really need to give myself a kick up the bum to get these made! x

Senior Platinum Member

I have been putting it of and putting it off!

But after making BIL2b's invitations for their wedding last year I promised myself I would have them ready ages in advance as I was running about mad trying to get them done as they took forever getting information to me and the day before I had mini melt down as I was still to print the order of services and signs for tables, table plan and a few other bits all becasue the bride kept changing her mind! Then she was chasing me up asking when they would be ready as she needed to get them to the venue! Then the place cards werent used! which id spent hours making!

It will be like nothing like that for me lol! I stress and worry too much so I need to be organised lol! xxx

I bought pocketfolds and blank inserts from pure invitation which I'm part way through putting together. Pure invitation have different size and colours options and will send you free swatches (I got envelopes so not sure about the invitation boxes you're after). All their ranges seem to match which I liked as my day invites are pocket folds but then I went for a postcard style (in matching colours) for the evening invites. You can also get your inserts printed if you want but I decided to do it myself (seemed like a good idea at the time...lol) xxx

I ordered these pocketfolds for mine which might be the shape you're after? http://www.pocketfoldinvites.co.uk/d...fold-396-p.asp. They come in lots of nice colours and different sizes as well, depending on what you are after.

I got the envelopes with the pocketfolds but purchased my card separately for printing the inserts.

I'm sure pda card and craft do the boxes you're looking for. I got all the stuff I used for my pocketfold there and they're brilliant, really good quality and fab service.
    As for the cost of sending them, it prob won't work out that bad - I had to get large letter stamps anyway coz my invitations were too thick, and the boxes won't be bigger than a large letter anyway I wouldn't think x

I have built our own wedding website, with all the information on for our guests to see. It was easy and FREE so no invites and no save the date cards sent out (saved us a fortune!) We used wedding hand and you can match the templates to your theme, add photos, maps, hotel in the area etc etc. Check it out x

I'm really keen to do my own invites but I honestly just don't even know where to start!

How do you guys go about actually printing the inserts etc do you need a specific type of printer? (Is it obvious I don't have a clue haha)

Quote Originally Posted by MissGlou View Post
    I'm really keen to do my own invites but I honestly just don't even know where to start!

How do you guys go about actually printing the inserts etc do you need a specific type of printer? (Is it obvious I don't have a clue haha)
    We have designed our invites on the comp and are getting them printed at a local printers. We can supply the card so it is just the cost of printing. Works out much cheaper than buying invites for us as we have la few inserts that need to be included and these massively bump up the price if getting them done for you.

Senior Platinum Member

I just have an inkjet printer in the house, we didnt pay that much for it a few years ago but I just plan to use that, although if I was to send it to a printers and get them to cut all the inserts to size it would save me so much time lol. Might be an option lol! I have everything all set out to print so I might ask how much it would be . xxx

I was going to make everything I could to save money but I think the wedding website is a fab idea. I know they do this in America so Im going to see how easy it is before I spend money on invites.

Senior Platinum Member

I did conside a website, but invitations would still have needed to be sent out to give people the information about the site, I'm trying to keep everything pretty traditional though so my invitations are well under way! we are 12 weeks this Friday so I'm hoping to have them all completed to get sent out between the 10 & 8 week mark xxx

is PDA craft the cheapest for kraft card do you think? I am about to order my own card and get the printing done at RSVPoppy on facebook but the choice and price of kraft card is very confusing!xx