Thread: Scented Candles

Default Scented Candles

I would really like to have scented candles at our reception but don't have a clue where to look! I know the obvious would be Jo Malone but have no idea if I like them as haven't smelt them burning and they're so expensive I don't want to buy loads to find the fragrance i like!

Any recommendations for nice smells - not too overpowering - and cheap places to buy them would be great.

Thanks

K x

Super Senior Platinum Member Mrs McDermott's Avatar

Dunelm Mill does scented candles and i'm pretty sure ive seen them in good old asda also!! Mrs McD2b-x-

It might be wise to make sure that no one has any allergies or sensitivities to scented candles
    Finally Mrs Noble!

That might be a point K7aylor! Not sure how I can check with everyone though. I just want something subtle - maybe I'll just have one or two. I def don't want folk choking around me with streaming noses!!

There is a company called partylite that are candle parties for your home an the candles are amazing! They do clear cup tealights which are so much more nicer than metal cup tealights! I have chosen sun kissed cotton ones for our day .

I'm not sure how you can find out if you have a rep nearby but if you pm where you stay I could get my consultant to find out?

Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Kattyness View Post
    That might be a point K7aylor! Not sure how I can check with everyone though. I just want something subtle - maybe I'll just have one or two. I def don't want folk choking around me with streaming noses!!
    I had found really lovely floral ones...told my mum about it and she piped up there were a few people with asthma that might be affected if they were too strongly scented and one of the bridesmaids has ezcema so it'd have caused her immense itching.

Can you ask your mum or family who might know if there's anyone likely to be affected?
    Vanilla scented ones might be subtle enough to give a nice aroma, but not overpower
    Finally Mrs Noble!

Senior Platinum Member

I would really like to have scented candles at our reception but don't have a clue where to look! I know the obvious would be Jo Malone but have no idea if I like them as haven't smelt them burning and they're so expensive I don't want to buy loads to find the fragrance i like!

Any recommendations for nice smells - not too overpowering - and cheap places to buy them would be great.

Thanks

K x
    i like the yankee candles.....I ordered the little tealights and am giving the one called "wedding day" which is absolutely gorgeous and very subtle as favours for the ladies.....that would be quite a nice touch I think....and they are not overpowering at all

I agree with mrsanderson to be, Yankee Candles are fab! Not too expensive and they have tons of scents.

x
    Finally Mrs Hendry

Thanks

K x
    Hi Kattyness,

I had scented candles lit during the meal at my wedding. I got them from Arran Aromatics in Princes Square. I had small scented candles along the top table, with one large scented candle in the middle of the top table. Before my guests entered the room, the staff sprayed matching scented room spray. Initially, I was concerned that it would be too overpowering especially as we would be eating, but it was very subtle ...Id definitely recommend having a look at their candles. I used their 'After the Rain' range and also had the matching gel and candles as my favours.

Dobbies garden centre. I love the 'Champagne and Roses' ones and plan to have one or two. Any more might be overpowering.

:Fab ideas! Thanks ladies. I will go sniffing and let you know

Super Senior Member

I buy lilly flame candles http://www.lily-flame.co.uk/scented-candles.php

They are very good if you just want a subtle scent and come in so many different scents, but Fairy Dust and Dolly Rocker and gorgeous and not the type that can give you a headache after they've been burning for half an hour. Check ebay out as there's usually some on there too x

Super Senior Member Nikigotmarried!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sazmeek View Post
    I buy lilly flame candles http://www.lily-flame.co.uk/scented-candles.php

They are very good if you just want a subtle scent and come in so many different scents, but Fairy Dust and Dolly Rocker and gorgeous and not the type that can give you a headache after they've been burning for half an hour. Check ebay out as there's usually some on there too x
    Hi Sazmeek, I love the look of these candles. I love the little tins they come in and all the names they have. I'd just be worried about buying scented candles online when I can't smell them first. Is there anywhere you can buy them in an actual shop so I might be able to do this?

If not, I second the Yankee Candles. The Cool Cotton scent is so subtle and light, it would just give a nice freshness to the room.

I think it's a brilliant idea to have scented candles as scent is the strongest sense to evoke memories. How lovely to think that your wedding would have an associated scent that would remind you of your special day forever!

Super Senior Member

I bought them from a little card/gift shop round from where i work. John Lewis also sold them so you could check there. If you google them there is bound to be a stockist near you. They are actually really nice when you open them too and its a shame to burn them lol.

I think i'll get a few for the wedding too as well as a couple for bm and mum gifts