Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any other brides-to-be looking to slim down for the big day?

Morning ladies!
    We get married in march next year and I've started to think about my shape more! I def agree that it is all about how your clothes fit and not the numbers! I bought an indoor bootcamp voucher in November for a place in glasgow and it was amazing the difference 4 weeks made! Ive since joined and I love it (there are no mirrors either) Classes are only 30 mins long and no two days are ever the same. They run virtually every half hour from 645am to 8pm so easy to fit into your day and membership is for unlimited use google fitbodybootcamp (they have one in Edinburgh too)!

Couple of girls from work and I share a trainer too - we go once a week for an hour and it's great fun going as a group as you push each other more! Definitely worth a look if you are thinking about it. Ours is 30quid for the hour So a Tenner each - we've been going for about 9 months and have all seen a marked difference in fitness (with running in between when the weather is better!)

Happy to recommend our pt if anyone is in the glasgow area.

My downfall right now is food - I love to eat and H2B and I love going out for dinner too much! It's a very hard habit to break. I know a year wil fly in so i think a self imposed restaurant ban may be required hahahaha! Any one else like this?

Xx

Quote Originally Posted by clarabo View Post
    As well as losing 3.5 stone I've lost 6 inches off my waist, 5 off my hips, 5 off each thigh (!!!) and two off my arms. It's definitely been the combination of diet and exercise that's done it!!

C x
    FIVE INCHES OFF EACH THIGH?! You're a wonder woman, Clarabo! Congrats on the progress, that's truly amazing. You make the training sound really fun and motivational- I'm definitely going to look into my options with that and see what I can afford, because it sounds so worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaBrown View Post
    FIVE INCHES OFF EACH THIGH?! You're a wonder woman, Clarabo! Congrats on the progress, that's truly amazing. You make the training sound really fun and motivational- I'm definitely going to look into my options with that and see what I can afford, because it sounds so worth it!
    I know!!! It makes me feel a bit sick to think my thighs were that big to start off with but they clearly were!!

Just pm me if you want some info on the group training or personal training as I know it can be quite scary to begin with! I'm living proof that anyone can do it though!!!

C x

That's fantastic Clarabo! How long did it take you? I have about 8 months.....!

Hi Mrs Meechan..it took me about a year all in but I did have a three month break between October and Christmas for a variety of reasons so during that time I concentrated on maintaining and not gaining anything and then in the new year I went back to it properly!

Hey ladies! Just a quick note on keeping weightloss fun:

My fiance's not really keen on joining in with the salad and steaming craze, but I've been finding ways to get him to join in. This usually involves tricking him (and me!) into thinking it's fun. Which, because it's putting our focus onto being healthy and happy, it is!

We're going for a lovely long walk together once a week. Itís a great way to stay active, and spend time together. Since itís been pretty bloody nippy out, we have to walk briskly to keep warm. Fine by me- more calories burnt!

I also suggested some healthy eating nights, and got him to agree to sushi night (I mean I begrudgingly talked him into it, as long as we could watch the Karate Kid afterwards!) So, we bought all the ingredients, put on some Mr Miyagi style headbands, and did our best to stage a make your own sushi night! Healthy, fun and cheaper than going out for it!

Girls, for your next date night, PLEASE let me recommend it! Itís a bit expensive to buy the whole kit (chopsticks, tatami mat, nori, rice, wasabi, and decent soy) but once youíve got it, you can make it anytime! Weíre going to need A LOT of practice- it was messy, and sticky and loads of fun. Most of my rolls fell apart, and we were in hysterics about how ridiculously malformed our fashion sandwiches looked, but they tasted great, and were so healthy- I just got some smoked salmon (didnít want to risk salmonella!) and veg like cucumber, peppers, and avo, and it worked out great.

Put on bathrobes (I even put on some geisha makeup!), pop Kill Bill or Seven Samurai in the dvd machine, and youíve got your date night sorted!

Give it a go, ladies!

I really want to lose my weight, its my mission number one, before I start looking for my perfect dress!!! I just want to feel good in my skin and more confident on my wedding...

I've been going to the gym, doing classes (step, pump, fat burn, spinning) and I quite like running since January and keeping an eye on calories (1500 per day) and have lost just over a stone. I've got about 10 lbs to go. Yesterday I got to try my dress on again since I started and was an amazing feeling to have it fit better and see that the hard work is paying off

Just have to keep going and it'll be worth missing out on all the Krispy Kreme doughnuts that keep appearing in my office hee!

For those a bit worried about the gym, everyone really does focus on what they are doing or look like so don't worry!

X

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clarabo View Post
    At first I planned my fast days in the days I didn't do any exercise but then one evening I'd planned a run and I was fasting but I decided to go anyway and I found I actually enjoyed it and it completely took away my hunger! I now run regularly on the fast days but I always eat if I'm going to group training as I know I'm usually doing weights or kettlebells. Saying that, I've done a few sessions on fast days and have been fine!

It took me a few weeks of the 5:2 to get totally into it. I was really hungry so used to split my 500 cals in two and have about 200 for lunch and 300 for dinner. But I got fed up of such small dinners so decided to try fasting right through til dinner and then having my full 500 cals at dinner and found that so much easier! Plus it means I don't have to make two different dinners as I just eat the same stuff as OH - you'd be surprised how much 500cals gets you!

There are wee cheats you can use for a fast day to get you through, sachets of miso soup and slim a soups are under 50cals and the 10 calorie jelly is a godsend. I actually find it really easy now and look forward to not having to make up a lunch on those days!!

As for the personal training, I love it! I started off doing one to one PT but at £40 a session I just couldn't afford to do it often enough to make a difference! The small group training is the same as my old PT but there's about 4 people in each group...at first I thought it would be embarrassing but it's the opposite, you push yourself harder so as not to appear rubbish and everyone is in the same boat so really encourage each other. Plus it's £20 a session so I can afford to do twice a week for the same as one PT session! Bonus!!

As well as losing 3.5 stone I've lost 6 inches off my waist, 5 off my hips, 5 off each thigh (!!!) and two off my arms. It's definitely been the combination of diet and exercise that's done it!!

C x
    Thats amazing! Well done huni. I've lost 2 stone but really need to tone up x

I'm pretty big so am doing the Cambridge diet in preperation for my wedding in September. I've lost 1 stone 7lbs so far and quite a bit to go. Also doing exercise and will be doing 5:2 once I finish Cambridge (ie eating healthy 5 days a week then having what I want on weekends, within reason) plus upping my exercise even more.

Totally recommend using My Fitness Pal!
    Sunday 7th September 2014

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nefaeri View Post
    I'm pretty big so am doing the Cambridge diet in preperation for my wedding in September. I've lost 1 stone 7lbs so far and quite a bit to go. Also doing exercise and will be doing 5:2 once I finish Cambridge (ie eating healthy 5 days a week then having what I want on weekends, within reason) plus upping my exercise even more.

Totally recommend using My Fitness Pal!
    Nefaeri who are you doing Cabridge with if you dont mind me asking? Well done so far on your weight loss! It really is a great diet! I done it a couple of years ago and lost almost 3 stone! I've kept it off apart from the odd few lbs here and there but it really helped me change my lifestyle and taught me all about how to eat properly, alot of people dont realise that about it and completely slate the whole sole source bit! but its the same as every diet you need to be willing to change your eating habbits from before or it will start to go back on. xxx

Aww thanks sparklebride12 Really nice when people are supportive about it and "get" it. Well done on your amazing weight loss too! You should be really proud of yourself for keeping it off also, that's probably the hardest part!

I'm doing Cambridge with a lady (consultant) down here in Southampton. Apart from my parents and 1 friend, no one in Scotland knows I'm doing this diet, so really hoping when I go up for my hen night in July/my wedding in September I'll have lost about 6 stone in total and shock them all

Senior Platinum Member

thats Fantastic! I also didnt tell anyone i was doing it until i was almost at the end sometimes its hard to explain to people! If you ever have any questions feel free to send them my way! I'm still in touch with my consultant and quite a few people I know have done it too! Catherine the lovely lady i saw was consultant of the year last year and has done so well for herself! It really is doable my only advice would be to try your hardest to stick to it even when your are ready for throwing the towel in! It really does work! Well done! and by no means is it a quick fix but its definitely a step in the right direction to changing your life for the better! xxx

Thank you again sparklebride12 and well done on doing so well It's very much a daily struggle for me as I have such a lot to lose, and just think it'll take ages or never happen! It all feels such a long way left to go. I am sticking in though and hoping against hope it will happen and I can make myself keep going xx

Hello all! I'm another one slimming down for November - really just to lose weight in general as I've put on a lot in last couple of years and been wanting to get on top of it for a while so just the motivation I need! Had 2 1/2 stone to lose and 7lbs down so just under the 2 to go... thanks for this thread Emma, great to see other people doing the same! I'm using MyFitnessPal too, love it as a way to keep track of calorie deficit and get ideas for meals and exercise, and like you and your fiance we've been trying to do brisk walks together at night to try to get in shape together All the best to everyone! x

I'm also slimming down. I've besn on a no carb diet for 3 weeks now and its working well. Nice to see the scales going down. Once you get into it, its not to hard surviving without bread and pasta.
    Good luck ladies

Mrskerr2be

I just got myself an online coach. He's certified in the US and has a very big following, and his 12 week transformation was on special (about £57 down from about £300 - the normal for that many training programmes and meal preps).

I get 12 weeks worth of meal plans and training guides, split into 3 months. This month it's 5 meals a day for about 1600kcal, plus a re-feed day every two weeks of 2500kcal. I'm doing 4 intense weights sessions a week, with specific exercises, sets and reps for each. I am also to aim for minimum 3 cardio sessions per week with a mix HIIT, MISS and LISS!

I get to eat proteins, carbs and fat though!

Senior Platinum Member

What is MISS and LISS Mrskerr2be ? xxx