Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: May Ladies

We are now down to 7 weeks and 3 days it is approaching very fast, and making me panic that I don't have enough time haha!

Saturday was our RSVP deadline for day guests, and we are still currently waiting on 2 to be returned it really bugs me that people have 4 weeks to reply and still don't do it! GRRR!! Our evening invites were MEANT to be posted last Friday, but that didn't happen lol! Had a busy week last week with SIL2B's 21st and my nephews 1st birthday, so it kinda got put to the bottom of the list. However, most of them are being posted by H2B today and the remaining few will go tomorrow and Saturday (a woman my dad knows is writing the invite part for us as she does calligraphy and waiting on a few more back from her on Friday). The deadline for the RSVP's for evening guests is Saturday 12th April, so will give them aprox 3 weeks.

Me and the BM's had our first dress fitting on Sunday! Luckily it still fits lol!! We have to go back in on Saturday 19th April - it'll be here before I know it!

Still waiting on our ceremony script back from our Celebrant, really eager for her to send it over so we can make any changes then start finalising our Order of Day etc.

Going to get cracking with the table plan tonight, so we can start boxing up all of the favours/place settings etc. Going to start making up the kids favour bags when they get delivered, as well as thank you bags for the BM's. Also going to finish filling out our M10 Forms and get them handed in at the local registrar office. Am I right in saying my mum can hand it in for us?

It is my wee family Hen Weekend this weekend just heading down to Craig Tara Friday until Sunday, 10 of us in total. Looking forward to that! xx

Gclark - how exciting!!

As far as I'm aware your mum can take it in. It can be posted so can't see any reason why she couldn't. It must be you or h2b that picks it up though.

Our invitations have been out since beginning of February and we've only had RSVPs from 17 of our 50 day guests! I think most of them think we will just assume they're coming so they don't need to RSVP! Mil2b made the deadline date 19th April which is still a month away so plenty time but I'd have thought more would have replied by now since they've had over a month already! I'm hoping some regrets are going to come in because our venue have just about freaked out at the number of evening guests and we're counting on at least 35 not coming.

Aw no that's not good - hopefully they come in between now and April 19th! It seems to be quite a long time between posting them and the RSVP date, so possibly some people could have forgotten to send it back? The week before they were due I started politely chasing people up (just asking if they'd received them okay, and if they could send back as soon as so we could start on table plans/favours etc). This may be an idea for you to do, saves you waiting another week or so after the deadline!!

Oh gosh, how many does your venue hold and how many people have you invited? xx

We've invited about 260 and our venue is stressing. He said at our meeting a few weeks ago that he wouldn't like more than 220! Mil2b told us it holds 300 and it's mainly people she's invited!! I've only invited about 12 people to evening and h2b has invited 70 from his work! We have 50 day guests so that's about 140 total from us - the rest are mil2b's family/friends/work colleagues!

We have thankfully had most of our day invites returned however still waiting on about 14 people to confirm whether they are coming or not, feel your frustration girls!! Done a table plan last night based on everyone coming. I put everyone's names on individual pieces of paper and done a mock layout of the venue on my rug lol but made it so much easier because I could just move people around! My hair piece from LHG designs arrived and I absolutely love it, bought my bridesmaid jewellery too which is lovely however feel its not dainty enough...don't know whether to send her an email asking to return/exchange it or just buy new stuff not very good at that kind of thing! M10 notices handed in last week and contemplating booking a last minute photobooth for H2B as a surprise as he's always wanted one xx

Hi ladies - how are we all doing?? In 6 weeks it'll be the Monday before our big day! We have an RSVP date on the 30th of March however we have quite a few still outstanding - despite having an email reply option! Grr. So started chasing some of them today. We have a provisional table plan done too, based on everyone being able to come so it looks quite good. We also put our personalised stickers on our favours and ordered the sweets for inside. Met the registrar today, paid the balance and gave our M10 forms. Also we went shopping today for new perfume/aftershave for the big day, very exciting. It's all coming together!

3 of the bridesmaid dresses are in the shop, 2 still to come but as the girls are organising their own alterations I've decided to pick those 3 up this week, and go back when the other 2 arrive. So doing that on Friday. Make up trial on Thursday - excited about that! I need to get back in touch with the girl making the cake t make sure everything is still going to plan, and also our piper. Thats the thing with having suppliers who are also friends - can feel a bit awkward at times.

Dress fitting 4th of April. Can't wait to see it but also a bit nervous incase its just not as nice as I remember. Surely thats normal?? Eeeeeek! x

Dresses is the one thing stressing me out!! My youngest bridesmaid's doesn't fit at all (doesn't do up passed the bottom of her ribs) and one of the other ones tried hers on yesterday and couldn't get the zip up. She even had to take her bra off to get it up and when it was finally up she couldn't sit down in it! She's the one I wasn't worried about originally because she's very slim and her dress fitted fine but she's on medication at the moment that is making her really hungry. It's not her fault, it will just have to be altered. My cbm's one was a bit tight on bust but they think it was maybe the bra she had on (didn't fit properly) so hopefully hers will be fine. But yay, my 4th bm one fits so I have one that fits lol! And more importantly, mine fits lol.

Not done much this week; it's my hen weekend this weekend!!! Then we've got our menu tasting next Tuesday then next weekend we're going to order the kilts and see the florist to decide on flowers! Still not had many RSVPs - well, we have but still more to come back than what we've received - and our RSVP date is about 3 weeks away so hope some more come in by then.

Its getting so close now!! I've got my dress fitting on the 5th April - tried it on again over the weekend and I still love it, just cant wait until its altered and actually fits me though!! Need to get the girls to try on their dresses again soon (got them from the high street) just to make sure they don't need anything done to them

RSVP deadline is 3 and half weeks away and only waiting on 2 replies out of 45 invitations (85 people invited)- that's not too bad is it?!

Got a few little DIY things to sort out this week - making the sign for the polaroid guest book, making some bride and groom bunting for the backs of our chairs, draw up the order of the day on our big chalkboard and spray painting some bits and bobs

Meeting the caterer next Thursday and that's the last of the meetings with the suppliers - just little things to confirm to most of them about the order of the day and we are ready to get married!!! lol

M xxx

No more RSVP's to wait on!!! 3 weeks before the deadline and every guest has got back to us...I am shocked!! Draft table plan complete too - just need to run it past our parents and discuss having a kids table with the parents of the children who will be there to make sure they are ok with the idea

xxx

Evening Invites (with the exception of a few) are now all out, with the deadline for RSVP's on Saturday 12th April!

I made my 3 bridesmaids their bags for their presents last night - will take a picture tonight and post up I am sure I got the inspiration from little brown favour bags you had made mishoooo! Also made up the kids favour bags, still need to buy my nephew his bag and a few more toys for them but at least they're made up

We are going to draw up our table plan tonight - not looking forward to that haha! We are going to book our attraction tickets for our Honeymoon tonight too- still can't decide whether to do the insider access tour for Cirque Du Soleil or not!

I collected our wedding rings back from the jewellers yesterday - they were in getting engraved and diamonds in mine. So happy with them

We've tried contacting our celebrant to find out how our draft ceremony is coming along. We'd met with her a month ago and she'd said it'd take a couple of weeks so we're eager to see how it is. Tried calling and emailing but not heard anything back yet, starting to get a bit concerned xx

Oh I cant wait to see your bags!!

Sounds like a productive few days for you too! Good luck with the table plan, now I have a version I just pray the parents are happy with it, the though of changing it for the 4th time is scaring me a little...!! lol

Who is your celebrant? Im sure it will be through soon, stay positive xxx

5 weeks and 3 days now the wedding is also now NEXT MONTH!!

Met with the photographer last night to go through all our details for the day with him and go through ideas for pics/styles.
    Just about finalised our table plan, just need to make it now that we have everybody seated
    Got our birth certificates for taking M10 forms to the Registrar, so will do that in the next couple of days hopefully.
    This weekend is H2B's stag do, so I am going to try and get some DIY stuff done (favour tags, kids activity books etc). My hen night is next Saturday, looking forward to that
    We had our first dance lesson last Friday and got another one this Friday, hopefully shouldn't need any more!

How's everyone else getting on? xx

6 weeks on Saturday.... It feels so near, yet so far! Lots still to do I think. We have all our day RSVPs back, and just waiting on a few evening ones (although we know the people are coming!). I have still got the table plan to do, placenames and table names to make (DIY), order of service (everything is deicded, i just need to type it up and print!). I have also still to arrange bows for the church - has anyyone else organised their own? The florist is charging a fortune, so we want to price it ourselves.

I have my hen weekend this weekend, a wedding to attend next saturday and a further wedding to attend two weeks before my own! I feel that I am running out of time!

Super Senior Member

How are we getting on ladies? I have handed in my M10 forms now and applied for new passports for honeymoon, we are still waiting on loads of evening people replying did anyone else get people not replying for evening? I don't know if people aren't bothering as it's just an evening invite. Xx
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Getting on fine I think! Picked up my new ring on Saturday, love it! Need to get my engagement ring resized before the wedding but will take that down to jewellers in a couple of weeks. Also ordered the kilts on Saturday. Had our menu tasting last night and it was amazing!!! We were stuffed, I don't think I'll manage to eat it all on the day our RSVP date is next Friday and I popped a little status on Facebook last night and reminded people. I had a few people message and text saying they totally forgot so saved me chasing them. I'm going to share it again next week as a last reminder. Although, really it's mainly people we aren't expecting to come (family that are elderly and live far away) that haven't replied yet.

I've got the orthodontist tomorrow - please cross your fingers that he says they can finally come off!! It's getting a bit too close to the wedding for my liking lol. We've not got much wedding wise happening over the next week, going to see the florist on Tuesday but that's about it. Then it's my first fitting next Thursday. Not really got much left to do, need to get my underwear which I'm going shopping for on Friday. Apart from that I think it's just little DIY things that we can't do until all the RSVPs are back. Oh, and I have my make up trial next Saturday

Sofee3, we have all our day ones back but hardly any of our night times have replied, getting a bit anxious as its 6 weeks to go almost! Going to start chasing up soon.

Where did you all find your order of service layout etc cos I'm a bit stuck!

Need to get my engagement ring in for a proper clean and still to get my underwear along with a million other things to do :-/ xx

Super Senior Member

Mrsforchtobe - how did you get on at orthodontist?

Kimmee87 - yeah it's weird about evening invites :-( we aren't having an order of service.
    Yeah I need to get my ring cleaned too actually! Xx
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Sofee3 View Post
    Mrsforchtobe - how did you get on at orthodontist?

Kimmee87 - yeah it's weird about evening invites :-( we aren't having an order of service.
    Yeah I need to get my ring cleaned too actually! Xx
    They're coming off....two days before the wedding! He didn't have an appointment, as needs a 50 minute one, until 4th June but managed to rejig some appointments over to another dentist, thankfully!! I nearly cried lol!

We're not having order of service either.

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsForchtobe View Post
    They're coming off....two days before the wedding! He didn't have an appointment, as needs a 50 minute one, until 4th June but managed to rejig some appointments over to another dentist, thankfully!! I nearly cried lol!

We're not having order of service either.
    Ooft that's lucky then! Phew! Xx
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've hardly got any evening invites back either! Worried folk have taken the huff at not getting a day invite.... Feel like I've so much still to do still to do orders of service, table plan, some DIY stuff including place cards, confetti, table names.... panic is setting in I think! Attending my friends wedding this Sat, which is in my church- not actually been to a wedding in my church before, so should be interesting!! Is anyone else starting to panic!?

How's everyone else getting on? Especially RSVP wise? We've got nearly all the day ones back, apart from one or two and still have roughly 20 evening ones to come back...but considering we invited an extra 220 evening guests, 20 left isn't bad! Our RSVP date is Saturday so still a wee bit time! Anyone else had an RSVP from someone and have no idea who it is?? I received one in the post today and have absolutely no idea who it's from....one of the names isn't even the name of any guests on the list and the other name there is only one of and we know them!! I wonder if it's maybe one of the in-laws relatives, will have to ask h2b when he gets home!

We're off to the see the florist to decide the flowers this evening once h2b is finished work. Thursday I've got my hair trial and then our first dress fittings in the evening. Some of the bridesmaids have their make up trial on Thursday afternoon. I'm getting mine done on Saturday morning

I'm starting to stress a bit! I went bra shopping on Friday with my CBM but they didn't have the wonderbra in the size I needed. I think they only stock it up to a F cup and she told me to try the 30G if I can get it or the 32FF. So, I came home and ordered both the sizes online. They hadn't been dispatched last night so I ended up ordering them again last night with nominated day delivery and chose tomorrow. The original ones still haven't been dispatched and the new order says "awaiting dispatch" so no idea if they're going to arrive tomorrow!!! I can see me having to head to Edinburgh again on Thursday morning!!! Eeeeek!

Hi ladies, how are we all?

I have now received all our daytime RSVPs, with a few regrets meaning our numbers have dropped from about 118 to 106. Which isn't a bad thing as we had budgeted for 100. Not so many evening RSVPs in so needing to start chasing those, I'm sure our date for those is this Sunday!

Had my hen weekend there and had a blast. 2 nights in Edinburgh with my nearest and dearest, had great fun and would totally recommend everywhere we went.

Had my first dress fitting - very small alterations required so I'm collecting it this Thursday! Eek!!

Bridesmaids dresses - hassle!! 4 out of the 5 are here with no bother, and the girls have them as they are arranging their own alterations. I've been chasing the shop for a delivery date as I was getting a bit nervous (wedding in just over 3 weeks!!!) and eventually they figured out that a mistake had been made by the manufacturer. They had been sent a totally different dress. So it is now on a rush order and will be ready for the end of the month. The shop have kindly offered to measure my BM and alter it in the same day. Phew!

X

Super Senior Member

Well I had a couple of day guests not sending back the RSVP but just giving a verbal RSVP annoying when I included a card and all they had to do was add the stamp. I send about 60 evening invites and have only had about 10 replies and the RSVP date was Friday just past!! So I have no idea how many people might come at night!

Amongst the wedding madness we decided to buy a new house and we move this weekend get the keys on Thursday and have until Sunday to move as we are renting our old house out and have a tenant moving in on Monday. It's gonna be a busy tiring weekend!! X
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey all - sounds like you are all organised!! We have all our RSVP's back and have now done the table plan. Had my first dress fitting on the 5th April and going back on the 27th to get the bottom taken up. Hen do this weekend - I have no idea what is happening - all I know is I have to be ready for 4:30pm and they are all leaving from my house (so that means I will spend my day off on Friday cleaning the house!) and I have my hair and make up trial on Saturday morning so hopefully I love it and can keep it all done for the hen do!

Going to pick up our flowers a week on Monday (were getting ours from Silkblooms) and off to see Highland Tipis on Monday to finalise the Tipi layout for the day. I feel like there is a lull in the planning now after being so busy the past 6-8weeks - theres not much needing done - but im getting bored of having nothing to do so keep inventing little DIY projects to add to the day! Any suggestions for things to make? Done a chalkboard with the order of the day, bought little bottles of bubbles and decorated them with burlap and ribbon, made little bride and groom bunting for the back of our chairs...might make some glitter champagne glasses - I have the glitter there, think you can pick up champagne glasses pretty cheap??

xxx

Mishoooo, how exciting!! I'm sure you'll have a fab time!!!

We've finally chosen our vows and readings! Will get them down to the registrar tomorrow hopefully! We went to see the florist last night and have sorted all the flowers and the candy cart too - just need to get a few more sweets!

Those of you with kids coming...what kind of things are you putting in favour boxes? We've got activity packs with colouring/puzzles but I can't think what to put in their actual boxes? There's a one year old, 4 year old, 5 year old and 6 year old. I'm stumped!!