Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: May Ladies

Its so exciting now we are ticking things of the list! That's pretty good on the RSVP front, we have only had about 10 returned out of 50!! But we did set the return date at the end of March so Im hoping I don't have to do too much chasing...

What DIY have you got planned? Ive done most of mine and feel like I need another project to do! Is that mad?!

we have our cake tasting tomorrow then meeting the photographer on Sunday eeeeekk!!!

M xxx

Aww you luckily still have a while to go to get them back, so don't worry too much oh, you have a busy and productive wedding weekend then, you must be excited to meet with your photographer

We are making all of our stationery (invites, order of day, table plan, menus). We are also making little tags for the mens and womens favours. The women are receiving a cancer research trolley token each, so I am going to make a little 'luggage' style tag to attach them onto, which will say : "For those who have fought and lost, For those who have fought and won, For those who are still fighting..." The men are also getting luggage style tags for around their bottles of beers saying "Carlsberg don't do wedding favours, but if they did..."

Also making up toiletry hampers, kids goodie bags. My dad is making us a candy cart and fingerprint tree (he's a joiner and artist, so that worked pretty well lol!). We are also planning on making an 'ice-breaker' for each table. Not sure HOW I'm going to do it yet, but the idea is: each one will have a number of questions (if 10 at table, 10 questions) such as "who's travelled the furthest to be here today", "who has known the bride/groom longest", "who can do the best Australian accent" etc, and the idea is it gets passed around to get people talking. I want to somehow do it so I can wrap up a box with toffees inside so the guests get a wee something at the end - but not sure how!

What DIY have you done? xx

Yip, can't believe it's only 11 weeks tomorrow!! I've just added the final things to the bm, usher and best man gift bags so they're all set and ready to go. Going to order the sweets for the candy buffet this weekend. Had our meeting with venue last week so waiting on manager returning from holiday to decide on final menu and arrange tasting.

Paid the balance on the honeymoon on Wednesday...eek so excited now!! Also paid all our donations to our three charities for the favours...just waiting for some trolley tokens arriving for the men. The ladies are getting little pearl guardian angels that mil2b is making - she wanted to do them as she said it's my mum watching over us all.

Have filled M10 forms in...just need to find h2b's birth certificate then can take them down to registrar! Need to book my hair trial...make up ones will be early May. Pre wedding shoot booked for Sunday 4th May excited for that!! Need to choose final readings and decide on music - I had music picked but I'm going to have to be piped down the aisle now so need to decide what song! Still got some DIY to do too - table plan, place cards etc. Also got to finish the playlist for the drinks reception and put it on MP3 player.

3 weeks today I'll be on my hen weekend can't wait!! Then 3 weeks later is first dress fitting and having a meal with all the ladies as another hen, more for the ones who can't make the weekend away. It's going to be here before we know it!!

Quote Originally Posted by gclark08 View Post
    Aww you luckily still have a while to go to get them back, so don't worry too much oh, you have a busy and productive wedding weekend then, you must be excited to meet with your photographer

We are making all of our stationery (invites, order of day, table plan, menus). We are also making little tags for the mens and womens favours. The women are receiving a cancer research trolley token each, so I am going to make a little 'luggage' style tag to attach them onto, which will say : "For those who have fought and lost, For those who have fought and won, For those who are still fighting..." The men are also getting luggage style tags for around their bottles of beers saying "Carlsberg don't do wedding favours, but if they did..."

Also making up toiletry hampers, kids goodie bags. My dad is making us a candy cart and fingerprint tree (he's a joiner and artist, so that worked pretty well lol!). We are also planning on making an 'ice-breaker' for each table. Not sure HOW I'm going to do it yet, but the idea is: each one will have a number of questions (if 10 at table, 10 questions) such as "who's travelled the furthest to be here today", "who has known the bride/groom longest", "who can do the best Australian accent" etc, and the idea is it gets passed around to get people talking. I want to somehow do it so I can wrap up a box with toffees inside so the guests get a wee something at the end - but not sure how!

I LOVE your wedding favours! What a great idea!

I am also 23rd may! It is getting a bit scary now, I've been thinking about it and talking about it so much but now it's touching distance! My stress this week is that my invites haven't arrived. I ordered them 28th jan but when I emailed company during the week to get estimated arrival date they didn't get back to me. (They weren't slow when I was ordering and paying for 200 day/evening invites tho!!) all of the wee things I need to do are what I'm panicking about!! X

H2b was left in charge if printing the invites once I'd sorted the design. It's been weeks and I'm still waiting! Starting to stress. I've a tonne still to do. Stupid diy wedding AND I've fractured my toe on Thursday so I'm off exercise, can't wear heels and need to keep off it for a few weeks. Feeling rubbish atm

10 weeks today for me!! We collected our wedding rings and picked our guest list!! Hen is 4 weeks today, I can't believe where the time has gone!! Hen night dress just bought too, love it

Super Senior Member

We are currently trying to buy a new house, it was totally out of the blue as we didn't think we could afford a house in this area so we're hoping to rent ours out and buy this one, we put an offer in and they are thinking about it so hopefully hear on Monday. It's torture waiting! I had taken last week off on holiday to get wedding stuff done but I haven't achieved much at all so slightly stressed about that! X
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well we passed the 9 week mark at the weekend - so now it's 8 weeks and 5 days. Eeek!

RSVP date for the daytime ones is 30th March - got some in but not lots :/ Really don't want to be chasing many. How is it that some people book a hotel room but forget to let us know they're coming, argh!

H2B and I have organised a day at the end of the month to buy each other new fragrances for the day, we are also meeting our registrar to talk about the ceremony. Just desperate to get the RSVPs in so that we can do the table plan and place cards!

x

Oh totally - it was amazing - he showed us pictures from a similar wedding and they were exactly what we are looking for - only a handful of staged pics and the rest all natural and the cake tasting was fab so got all the flavours for each tier sorted too!

Love the sound of these favours, bet the guys will love theirs!!

I have done most of the stationary and the decorations for the tipi myself and also sorted the sweetie table and guest book table not sure what else there is to do?!! xxx

Quote Originally Posted by MrsForchtobe View Post
    Yip, can't believe it's only 11 weeks tomorrow!! I've just added the final things to the bm, usher and best man gift bags so they're all set and ready to go. Going to order the sweets for the candy buffet this weekend. Had our meeting with venue last week so waiting on manager returning from holiday to decide on final menu and arrange tasting.

Paid the balance on the honeymoon on Wednesday...eek so excited now!! Also paid all our donations to our three charities for the favours...just waiting for some trolley tokens arriving for the men. The ladies are getting little pearl guardian angels that mil2b is making - she wanted to do them as she said it's my mum watching over us all.

Have filled M10 forms in...just need to find h2b's birth certificate then can take them down to registrar! Need to book my hair trial...make up ones will be early May. Pre wedding shoot booked for Sunday 4th May excited for that!! Need to choose final readings and decide on music - I had music picked but I'm going to have to be piped down the aisle now so need to decide what song! Still got some DIY to do too - table plan, place cards etc. Also got to finish the playlist for the drinks reception and put it on MP3 player.

3 weeks today I'll be on my hen weekend can't wait!! Then 3 weeks later is first dress fitting and having a meal with all the ladies as another hen, more for the ones who can't make the weekend away. It's going to be here before we know it!!
    OMG its down to the 10 weeks and 5 days mark...soon single figures...how did that happen?! Sounds like you had a very productive weekend its scary how quickly things are getting ticked off the list! Did you get a song sorted for walking down the aisle? xxx

Quote Originally Posted by korinlitster View Post
    H2b was left in charge if printing the invites once I'd sorted the design. It's been weeks and I'm still waiting! Starting to stress. I've a tonne still to do. Stupid diy wedding AND I've fractured my toe on Thursday so I'm off exercise, can't wear heels and need to keep off it for a few weeks. Feeling rubbish atm
    hope your toe is getting better. Big hugs, that's the last thing you need just now xxx Has H2B sorted out the invites?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sofee3 View Post
    We are currently trying to buy a new house, it was totally out of the blue as we didn't think we could afford a house in this area so we're hoping to rent ours out and buy this one, we put an offer in and they are thinking about it so hopefully hear on Monday. It's torture waiting! I had taken last week off on holiday to get wedding stuff done but I haven't achieved much at all so slightly stressed about that! X

Good luck! hope you get to hear about it soon xxx

Quote Originally Posted by mishoooo View Post
    OMG its down to the 10 weeks and 5 days mark...soon single figures...how did that happen?! Sounds like you had a very productive weekend its scary how quickly things are getting ticked off the list! Did you get a song sorted for walking down the aisle? xxx
    I know, eeek I'm so excited and can't believe we're nearly halfway through March already! Only 14 days until the 2 month mark!! Not yet! H2b is going to band tonight so he's going to speak to his pipe major to arrange us meeting up to discuss songs. I'm liking The Dark Isle though.

Oh geez, I didn't think of it like that...2 months just sounds crazy! I keep reminding myself its only 2 pay days as well...that's freaking me out too! Good luck with the song choice, I hadn't heard that one but just had a wee listen on youtube and its lovely

M xxx

So I was lying in bed last night and it suddenly dawned on me...have something on nearly every weekend between now and the first weekend in May. And by then it will be only 3 weeks til the wedding

We're visiting friends this weekend, next weekend is mil2b's birthday, then my hen weekend, then we're looking after our friends' dog for the weekend as well as going to see the florist and ordering the kilts, then we're going to see Sarah Millican, then we have TWO free weekends (woohoo). But that's the last two weekends in April! Then we've got our pre wedding shoot then it's only 3 weeks to go!! Between all this I need to have hair and make up trials as well as fittings! Also meet with the piper, go for our menu tasting, make up favours, choose the readings and finish all the DIY stationery. Eeek!!

How's everyone getting on? We're now down to 9 weeks and 6 days - seriously cannot believe we're down to single figure weeks already!!

With the M10 forms, how soon can you drop these off with the registrar? I thought it was 4 weeks before but if I can do it sooner I would rather another thing ticked off the list!

I have just done mine today! It needs to be done within three months of the marriage date. Just a note, I was asked for my passport which I didn't realise I needed so you might want to take it just in case!

PS. I am very impressed by all organised you ladies are! I am now worrying I have forgotten something now it's single figure weeks to go! x

Quote Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    With the M10 forms, how soon can you drop these off with the registrar? I thought it was 4 weeks before but if I can do it sooner I would rather another thing ticked off the list!
    I took ours down yesterday and we get married 9 weeks on Saturday. I thought it was 6 weeks and would have waited until then but I emailed her about something else and she said I could hand them in any time now.

Oh! Thanks for that ladies, I'll email the Registrars office and ask!

Super Senior Member

Yeah it's between 3 months and 4 weeks before the wedding. You usually need to make an appointment. X
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We handed ours in on Friday and made an appointment since our venue is an hour and a half from where we live...pity they didn't mention that we needed to take out passports though! So long as I take them down when I pick up the schedule shes happy with that which is good

Hows everyone's planning going? Anything else ticked off the list? We have now finalised the ceremony script, sent out all the invitations, handed in the M10 forms, confirmed the number of tables and chairs for the tipi, picked the style and flavours for the cake, met the piper and photographer and confirmed everything with them, finished the favour bags, bought all the decoration items and got the last thank you gift for MIL2B

First dress fitting in 3 weeks...hen do 4 weeks on Saturday...where is the time going?!!

m xxx

Mishoooo, you sound very organised I have no idea where the time is going - today I'm currently having a 'I can't believe I will be walking down the aisle in 9 weeks and then we're actually going to an absolutely amazing part of the world' day. It really doesn't feel real and I keep feeling like it should still be about a year away!!

I've got my hen next weekend, can't wait first dress fitting in 4 weeks! Haven't really done much lately I don't think - last of invitations are out, ordered sweets for candy buffet, finalised menu busy few weekends after this weekend. And we're spending this weekending shopping for suitcases for honeymoon I'll need to get some clothes for next weekend too as I've lost so much weight I've emptied my drawers and got rid of 6 big bags of clothes

Super Senior Member

Your all getting married before me so it's good seeing what you guys have done and what I've not eek! I'm stressing I feel like I have so much to do, loads of things floating about in my head :-) Too many appointments need made between now and the wedding, it doesn't help that we're hoping to move into our new house in 3 weeks on Friday and have to rent ours out, everyone thinks we're mad doing it all before the wedding but waiting would be too long and at least we'll be able to properly enjoy our honeymoon! X
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]