Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: May Ladies

MrsForchtobe - we have made up goodie bags for each child (think we have 8 in total). They all have different things to suit their age. Each one is getting an activity book with around 12 pages of colouring/mazes/wordsearch etc. Then they've got a toy of some sort each to keep them entertained (e.g. one is getting a barbie doll head that you style the hair, one is getting connect 4 dunk etc). We have also given them crisps, chocolate and making up a bag of sweeties too! We aren't giving them any favour boxes, as didn't see the point as they will have plenty in their bags xx

We're doing the same as you gclark! The kids aren't getting a "grown up" favour, just their little bags with crayons, colouring book, sweets, stickers, balloons etc. I am REALLY struggling for what to do for the 12 year old coming. He is too big for all of the above but he is still a child - so stuck! Any ideas welcome!

x

Thanks, that's what I'd thought but wasn't sure! We're not giving them a normal favour either - we've got personalised favour boxes for them which are about the size of a packed lunch box with their name on and will pop all their little bits inside them!

Where did you get the barbie head? I think the little girl we have coming would love that! I'm thinking a game/Lego or something for the two boys and then soft toys/teethers/blocks etc for the one year old!

I'm a huge Hello Kitty fan, so for the two wee girls at mine, I've bought them "hello kitty gets married colouring/puzzle books" and crayons which I'm going to tie up with my ribbon used for everything else!

Everything is going to plan, apart from my bridesmaid dresses.... They are all far too tight The shop is saying all my girls have put on weight, but I can't see it. Stressing me out! I've got an appointment in the morning, so will hopefully get something sorted. If not, we are going to need to shop for new dresses.... Not what I need with 4 weeks to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amytBtB View Post
    I'm a huge Hello Kitty fan, so for the two wee girls at mine, I've bought them "hello kitty gets married colouring/puzzle books" and crayons which I'm going to tie up with my ribbon used for everything else!

Everything is going to plan, apart from my bridesmaid dresses.... They are all far too tight The shop is saying all my girls have put on weight, but I can't see it. Stressing me out! I've got an appointment in the morning, so will hopefully get something sorted. If not, we are going to need to shop for new dresses.... Not what I need with 4 weeks to go!!!
    Can they not be let out? Every one of my bm dresses is needing let out, but it's not been an issue with the shop.

They have let them out as much as poss, but one is still too tight... it zips up but the fabric is pulling. Think we just need to go with it, as no more can be done!!

Can they not put side panels in or a lace up back? We were possibly going to have to do this but thankfully our bridesmaid who is 'maturing' has grown so it's evened out now and just needs let out at the seams!

I got the Barbie head from Argos got it on 2 for 15 - got that for the 5 year old, and another (younger) version for the 2 year old!
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9286076.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:12414521550%7Cts id:41361%7Ccid:166584030%7Clid:47689795830%7Cnw:g% 7Ccrid:43581815310%7Crnd:15385607080182379635%7Cdv c:c%7Cadp:1o1

Still need to get a few bits and bobs for their bags, but I'm not worrying too much about it - if I don't get them it's not an issue, as they already have plenty lol! xx

We are contemplating this... the dress has two layers of diff fabrics though, the underlayer can be taken out but not the outer, which is the prob. The girls are only size 8's and 10's and small, it's just so annoying! I know it will all work out, so not stressing!! On a diff note, I had my final venue meeting today!!!! How's everyone else getting on!?

MrsForchtobe-where did you get the personalised boxes? Been thinking about something like this for our kids. We have got small tabletop crayola easels for the younger kids, they come with pens that only work on the special crayola paper so no tablecloths/outfits will be coloured in! Babies have a little toy that will keep them entertained. Older kids have packs of Lego toys we found an Osborne wedding sticker book for the girls aswell which is soo cool because you get to dress the bride etc in it!! Need to get some non messy sweets and a few extras for the kids. Just trying to make sure they are entertained during the speeches!

Still trying to decide on adult favours, for the woman thinking of little bath bombs or bath melts from a local company or alternatively tiny terracotta pots with forget-me-nots in them wrapped up nice...but random I know but like the idea of something a bit different and they are our wedding colours. What's your thoughts? Whiskey tablet for the guys which I'm ordering this week.

Got meeting with venue this week to sort out menu, finalise numbers and pay for :-( don't want to see my bank balance plummet lol.

Had dress fitting on sat, can't wait to see my dress fitting me! Home hen was on sat too and loved it, still suffering a bit though!

Also had two day guests who had confirmed cancel at the weekend, thankfully I didn't start my table plan at the weekend as planned. Still disappointing though. And still waiting on loads of evening confirmations!! X

Quote Originally Posted by kimmee87 View Post
    MrsForchtobe-where did you get the personalised boxes? Been thinking about something like this for our kids. We have got small tabletop crayola easels for the younger kids, they come with pens that only work on the special crayola paper so no tablecloths/outfits will be coloured in! Babies have a little toy that will keep them entertained. Older kids have packs of Lego toys we found an Osborne wedding sticker book for the girls aswell which is soo cool because you get to dress the bride etc in it!! Need to get some non messy sweets and a few extras for the kids. Just trying to make sure they are entertained during the speeches!
    I got them on eBay...they're really nice and she does a selection of different styles and loads of colours I've attached a picture of the style we've got.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

How are we all getting on!? Its really not long now at all

Super Senior Member

Hi I know eek! I can't believe it's May next week! I've got my hen do tomorrow in Edinburgh for the night, looking forward to it!!
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can't believe we're down to 4 weeks tomorrow!!! Today I've pretty much packed for honeymoon I've also hunted out all the candy buffet stuff to see what else we need. I've sorted the seating plan now I finally know exactly how many day guests we will have and made a wee list of the small to do things - like buying bottles for the drivers etc - that I'll probably forget!!

I can't believe how quickly it's all coming round! I'm still avoiding looking at my to-do list, I'm convinced its all in hand, i have even ticked off tasks which i had planned for the week before the wedding! So instead of checking it 20 times a day, it's more like once a week it's working so far lol

Going to pick up the flowers today, go shopping with my mum for her shoes and bag and then got my second dress fitting tomorrow

Oh and I had my hen do!! The girls and my mum organised a beach/Hawian theme do in the house and then onto Shanghai Shuffle in the evening....OMG what a laugh!!!! Apart from being mortified with the striper! It was the perfect day with all my close friends and crazy family

Xxx

Hope everyone is good! Mishoo your hen do sounds fab!

This week I have confirmed final numbers with the venue (and already had one person drop out of the whole day - GRRRR!!!!) and the chair cover people. We have collected my dress which is now hanging beautifully in Mums spare room. We have decided to put on transport for people leaving the reception and I've been getting quotes for that. 600!?!?!?!?! Did not budget for that!

2 weeks today!

x

Its scary how fast it is flying in now! I stop work this wednesday (I am leaving my job for a career change), so am lucky in that I have a few weeks off to organise everything! I feel like things are starting to come together now

Can you all believe we get married THIS MONTH?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsForchtobe View Post
    Can you all believe we get married THIS MONTH?!?!
    I was just thinking this- madness!! My honeymoon tickets arrived today- it's all soo real now!!!

OMG its our month ladies!!! So freekin exciting!!!!