Thread: DIY Invites - Lace

Default DIY Invites - Lace

Hi All,

I'm looking for a bit of advice, I'm looking to start making my wedding invites and want to incorporate lace. Does anyone have any tips for getting the lace flush to the edge of the card / cut straight? (I'm going for a single-fold square card, like a normal birthday card type idea, with the lace just on the front of the card hopefully) Is double sided tape better to stick it down with rather than glue?

Thanks

I don't know if this will be of any use but have you considered using paper doilies instead? The edges have a very lace-like feel to them and would stick to card much easier. I'm thinking of incorporating them into my invites and I think they work well with a vintage theme. If in doubt, search 'lace invites' on Pinterest for ideas.

Hope this helps.

I made these: http://forum.scottishweddingdirector...My-DIY-Invites after lots of experimenting with the lace. In the end I use a very small amount of double-sided tape to hold it approximately in place (not too much though, it can be tacky through the lace!) and wrapped it 'round the sides of the card and taped the ends down with packing tape. Then I stuck the pocket fold and printed invite into the card over the stuck-down lace ends (this is difficult to explain haha) and that was the neatest way I could work out to do it x

Thanks ladies!

Your invites look amazing! It's giving me a bit more hope now! Do you mind me asking where you got you're lace from? I'm not sure whether the issue is that the lace I have isn't sturdy enough, if you know what I mean!

x

I got it from eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ivory-Rigi...item338ad0bfa2

It's described as 'rigid' but I don't know what that means, it was very soft and nothing about it was 'rigid'!