Thread: DIY Invites - Info cards?

Default DIY Invites - Info cards?

I'm about to make my own invites and was going to include an info card.
    I want to make sure I've not missed anything off this. What did you have on your info card?

Super Senior Member FutureMrsMilligan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laadash View Post
    I'm about to make my own invites and was going to include an info card.
    I want to make sure I've not missed anything off this. What did you have on your info card?
    We used a wedding website as we had loads of info to tell our guests! The info included was:
    - directions to venue (as it is not signposted or easy to find)
    - accommodation (who has been allocated a room at the venue and alternative options for other guests)
    - RSVP info
    - gift list info
    - menu choices (so we can give caterers advance warning of what everyone is having)
    - drinks (no cash bar at venue so we had to tell everyone it was BYOB once our wine runs out!)
    - our contact info in case anyone had any queries etc...

think that was it... Seemed like a lot which is why I went for the website - I didn't want to have to send out 4 bits of A4 paper with every invite! xxx

I put two cards in with mine; Information and Accommodation (as well as the RSVP)

On the information page I put a note about gifts, directions to the venue (and public transport information), a note about our bar (that it only stocks a very limited selection but that there's no corkage fee if anybody wants to BYO and our contact info in case anybody wanted more information

On the Accommodation card I put info about local hotels and advised that folk contact us if they wanted one of the rooms we'd block-booked on a kind of first come, first served basis

On the RSVP I asked for name, attending/not attending, number of adults/children attending and asked for dietary requirements to be noted overleaf. I've seen some people ask for song requests on the RSVP as well which is kind of cool. I also put the date by which I wanted the RSVPs back and I included an envelope with our address on it.

Things like Taxi info for getting back will be somewhere in our actual reception venue and I'll put timings, etc. in the order of service.

Hope that helps!

Thanks girls. This helps a lot. Only got one shot at this!

Super Senior Member

Mine was incorporated into my invitations and I included;

Accomodation suggestions - only 2 closest as its city centre so figured people can work it out!!
    Parking at the venue as its not obvious
    Disabled/pram access at both venues (as we have 2 wheelchairs/ multiple prams coming and both venues have lots of stairs otherwise wouldn't have bothered)
    Details of transport provided
    Gift List
    Asked for dietry requirements on RSVP
    I also put no confetti (written nicely!) as its banned and didn't want folk to waste their money plus venue is strict about it

Just think if you were a guest turning up to the venue, what questions would you be asking and try to anwer them. xx

Hey we have done pocketfold invites, so have three inserts included. On them we have:
    RSVP card (biggest insert)
    Directions (middle insert). We done individual directions for each guest, so they have them from where they live (i.e. Rutherglen, Glasgow City Centre, East Kilbride, Alloa, Dunfermline etc).
    Gift List (smallest insert). Some people don't like putting in gift lists asking for money, but we had people asking about gift lists for our engagement so felt it would be better putting in rather than have loads of people asking.

Any additional information has been put on our website, which is on a 'handmade by' label on the back of our invites.

Hi, our Info card will have:

Venue Address/directions (it's tricky to get to) Telling them there's ample parking but asking them not to park directly outside the venue
    Where in the venue the ceremony is
    Disabled access
    The fact we're not putting on a bus and some local taxi numbers and approx taxi costs
    Local Hotels
    and asking for dietary requirements.