Thread: Glasgow Flowers

Default Glasgow Flowers

Ladies, I had an appointment with Glasgow Flowers (owned by the city council) recently to get a quote for wedding flowers and it was really positive. This is my third appointment with a florist. The set up is very impressive and they were much more organised than anyone else i've seen. They have also come in a lot cheaper... what do you think of this quote?:

Brides compact posy (1 colour roses, no foliage, diamantes) 100
    4 x bridesmaid bouquet (posy, 3 colour roses, minimal foliage) 50 each
    1 x smaller version of bridesmaid bouquet as above 40
    8 x single rose buttonholes for the men 4.95 each
    1 x MOB wrist corsage 15.00
    11 x tall lily vases with lilies and beargrass on circular mirrors. (vases and mirrors to be returned within 7 days). 10 each
    2 x Thank you bouquets. 28 each.

Total 560 but I would also get a 10% work discount for which would reduce it to 500.

This quote is 300 cheaper than the others florists i've met but i don't know whether i've been visiting expensive florists or not?

Any views?

Hi Mrs2B, considering your centre pieces are included in that then its a bloody great deal!!

Some girls post quotes that seem ridicoulsly expensive, I reckon that quote yo have though is really very competitive. I can't really comment on prices, my close friend own's a florist so I have been very lucky.

I think so long as you are confident with what you have been shown and that there are niggles, you should go for it!!

Jx

If you'd asked me a few months back how much i'd expect to pay on flower's i'd have said less than 300 - I was totally clueless. Think i'll get one more quote just for peace of mind... So far the service from Glasgow has been head and shoulders above the others - they even had delivered to me some small mock ups ideas with the colours and flowers I was considering so that I get a better idea of how they will look.

Wedding Supplier PLANS AND PRESENTS's Avatar

I personally used Glasgow flowers for my own wedding. They are fantastic.
    Since then recommended them to my best friend who used them, 2 people at my previous job used them, and I used them for a client in November.
    Their service is second to none, they are really professional, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Hope that helps you with your decision.

Alison
    Alison Tinlin Wedding Planner
    www.plansandpresents.co.uk
    UK No.3 Wedding Tweeter
    http://www.easyweddingsearch.com/twitter/top100.htm

Hi,

As a comparison my bouquet is 60 (2 types of ivory flowers and foliage), the bridesmaid bouquets are 40 (small versions of mine) and buttonholes are 1.25 each (thistles). However, I'm not having roses, would this make a difference?! For the life of me I can't remember one of the flowers I'm having (I just basically pointed at pictures when I visited the florist to show her what I liked!) but I know one is known as the 'Japanese Rose'. Also, there is foliage in mine which makes it cheaper too.

I think the service you receive is a massive part of your decision too though so sounds like you have a good deal.

That's really good, especially for the centrepieces. I've always had them in the back of my head for our wedding but I think I'll definately be getting a quote from them now.

I wonder if I can get a discount from them since my mum now works for Culture and Sport...

Senior Platinum Member

Must admit I think I got a bargain with my wedding flowers....I am having miniature cala lillies and yellow freesia in my bouquet, the girls are having somthing along the lines of the one below but with ivory ribbon, and the wee one is having a miniature version of theirs

Including 3 x buttonholes (cala lillies and a wee bit of foliage) I am paying 185.00

thought it was a bargain !!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsandersontobe View Post
    Must admit I think I got a bargain with my wedding flowers....I am having miniature cala lillies and yellow freesia in my bouquet, the girls are having somthing along the lines of the one below but with ivory ribbon, and the wee one is having a miniature version of theirs

Including 3 x buttonholes (cala lillies and a wee bit of foliage) I am paying 185.00

thought it was a bargain !!

that is a TOTAL bargain!!!!! where is this from??

Jinxed - my mum is a teacher and she lent me her city council discount card, and I got 10% off my bridesmaid shoes at West End Wedding Boutique x

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_kerr_2b View Post
    that is a TOTAL bargain!!!!! where is this from??

Jinxed - my mum is a teacher and she lent me her city council discount card, and I got 10% off my bridesmaid shoes at West End Wedding Boutique x
    I got them from Flowers by Isabel in Blantyre. One of the girls I work with is her niece and I called in after seeing their display at New Douglas Park.

Couldn't believe the prices she quoted....and her flowers are gorgeous....that also includes delivery of my flowers to Motherwell.....although H2B is picking up his own buttonholes in the morning

Ic8575 - the price you are paying sounds exactly what I was looking for! I nearly fell off the seat when the florists I visited said I was looking at 100 for a compact posy of white roses with diamantes.

I've decided to visit one more florist for a quote and then I absolutely have to make a decision. The wedding is only 12 weeks away and i've still got loads to do.

I agree, I nearly died at some of the rough prices people were talking about. It can be so expensive. At least you can keep your dress and extra's and you can always look back at your photo's etc but all the flowers aren't going to be there forever.

However, that said, its all part of the big day and makes it look fabulous! Its an expense but a worthwhile one.

Jx

Blooming occasions have quoted mt 880 for
    Bridal handtie all different roses with perals.
    3 Bridesmaid handtie
    2 Flowergirls dolls for girls to keep
    6 Button holes
    10 candlebras with flowers to keep and give to grans and aunties etc
    1 champagne glass with flumps for kids tables (& extras to refill)
    Candles for candlebras and fresh ones for at night
    Delivery and setup.

I thought this was great as everything is mine to keep and she is also acting a liittle like a wedding planner who will make sure venue is perfect for me!

Lisa x
    Getting married 11th June 2011