Thread: Our St Andrews Day Wedding

Super Senior Member

Default Our St Andrews Day Wedding

So we have been married about 6 weeks, I cant believe how quickly it has flown by! Since we got married I have moved into Hubby's flat, been to Vegas for our Honeymoon, had Christmas & New Year and also been for our 12 week scan to confirm our 1st little bundle of joy is due on the 28th June.

I dont intend on doing a full report but will give a quick review of our big day.

Day Before
    We were planning a nice relaxed one, getting nails etc done and then heading to hotel with boxes, and although this did happen it wasnt quite as relaxing! My flower girl Jorja was hyperactive and had to be sent home from school as she was sick due to the excitement and just couldnt settle, her dad was in Fife working and her mum's phone died so we had to rush and pick her up and take her to gran's to rest and recouperate! Also I realised just as I was packing favors to take to hotel I had misspelled a word on tags, so had to reprint them and reattach, a job I was not expecting! We eventually got to hotel, met with Stephen the coordinator and sorted out all the bits and bobs we had taken up, Stephen was fab and so helpful and gave me the ultimate compliment which made me feel all the planning had worked I was 'the most organised, efficient and calm bride' he had ever come across, hehe! After dropping everything off we met with my gran's sister and husband who had travelled from Forres and were staying at the hotel and had a wee cuppa with them before heading home.

Day of Wedding
    I got up about 7ish and got showered, by this point I was suffering morning sickness so spent 20 mins in loo feeling sorry for myself! My BM's arrived at 8 and we all just chilled around the house while the 1st flitting of folk (gran, mum and 1 BM) went to hairdressers, it was then time for me, 2 x BM and 1 FG to head to hairdressers, where we got a wee Gregg's brekkie and got our hair's done! We were all delighted with how hair turned out! I popped back into Gregg's to collect sausage rolls, sandwiches and cakes I had preordered, honestly dont think about cooking or making food on day of wedding, get someone to deliver or pick up some as it was totally stress free and we didnt need to worry about dishes etc as we just used paper plates

We headed back to the house where the flowers had just been delivered, they were stunning, far supassed my expectations. Next the make up artists arrived and we each got taken in turn, again we loved our make up! During make up we managed to grab some sandwiches and the girls had some bubbles

After we were all made up, fed and watered it was time to get ready, I got the girl from wedding dress shop to dress me which was fab as she knew exactly how to lace dress etc.

My Gran & FG left in 1 car to go collect godmother and then BM's left in another, just leaving mum and I to go in ours, I was totally calm as was my mum and we took real pleasure from sitting in the car and taking in the drive to hotel, my family are all from Strathaven originally so I asked driver to take us through there on route so I could see all the places that mean so much and hold memories for me and my family, we arrived at the hotel about 14:10, which was 10 mins later than I was due to be married! I really didnt want to be late but I guess it is a brides perogative!

We were piped up the drive and met by wedding coordinator, photographer, videographer and minister, the girls lined up and it was then time for me to walk down the ailse, I got a bit teary eyed seeing my handsome husband standing there and all of our family and friends, I walked down the ailse to Braveheart, the secret wedding being played on piano, my Hubby loves this tune and it was a real suprise for him

We were married by the minister from our local church and opted for traditional vows, readings and prayers, we also had a hymn and modern reading done by my friend! After we were pronounced husband and wife we had a drinks reception with canapes for guests while we went outside for some pics, we then had family shots inside!

We had some time to mingle with our guests before meal which was great, we were then seated for dinner which went like clock work the staff were amazing and the food was devine. After the meal we had some more time to mingle with guests before evening guests arrived and then it was party time! Our DJ was amazing and the dance floor was never empty.

The day was more than I could have asked for everything turned out better than we could have imagined and our guests had such a wonderful time!

I have to say I genuinely was so chilled which was a huge shock to me as I am usually so highly strung but I think knowing I had selected the best possible suppliers we could have made me feel that it would be all right on the day!!

This is a link to our sample photos https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4c16ub34nvj05d4/WKYnhZiRjC

Below is a quick list of our suppliers I would recommend them all 100 times over:

Venue
    : Shawlands Park Hotel - They were fabulous from start to finish and guests commented on how great the staff and food were
    Photographer : Karol Makula - Karol was amazing, his manner on day and his attention to detail have left us with beautiful pictures to treasure
    Videographer : Ultimate Moments - Derek was great on day and put in some shift, still to see the finished version
    Florist : Dont Eat The Daisies - Wonderful, flowers were stunning and price and quality were fab
    Cake : Adelicious - WOW our cake was stunning and tasted devine
    Hair : Network & Co - Amazing, great price and done wonderful job
    Make Up : Complexions - Again amazing, great price and done wonderful job
    Dress : Ederra - Lynn was wonderful start to finish and I loved my dress
    BM Dresses : Angelique Lamont - Great choice and exactly as ordered
    FG Dresses : Kates Coture - Beautiful and the girls loved them
    Stationery : Etoille - Few teething issues along the way but end product was superb
    Kilts : The Kilt Centre - Hubby bought his kilt and hired BM's all were in order and perfectly clean
    DJ : Allan Kay - Superb, our dancefloor was never empty

I wish you all the very best in your planning and big days, I am now onto planning for our wee bundle which is a spoiled monkey all ready xx

Aww Congratulations on the wedding and your baby news You looked stunning Karol did a fab job, I've booked him too! Love your photo's xxx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Congratulations you look stunning and what great news about the baby x x

Platinum Member

Congratulations Mrs Monteith, you looked absolutely beautiful and what fantastic news on your next "project" - you definitely like being busy don't you :-)

I haven't been on the forum for ages and just took a notion to check in and I am so glad I did!!

xx

Created by Wedding Favors