Thread: Flower Help

Default Flower Help

Hi Ladies

I have finally picked my dress yay! Now looking at flowers, and I really have no idea what's best for my kind of dress. The flowers I initially liked, I think willl be too much with my dress. I have gone for Mori Lee 1901. Any suggestions as to style of bouquet. I'm assuming the florist will be able to advise too, but just wondered what you lovely ladies thought? Have any of you got lace dresses? What bouquet type did you go for?

Any recommendations for good florists (reasonably priced) in or around Stirling/Glasgow area?

Thanks
    x
    Last edited by Harley; 06-01-2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: amendment for more info

Hi, i havent ordered my flowers yet as ee still have 16 months to go but im having a lace dress (havent got that either) lol and i really want a wild flower bouquet. Im having my bridesmaids in burnt orange so i think it will go really well. Just need to get my finger out and start ordering things lol xx

Super Senior Member

Sorry I'm going to be no help at all - dreading the flowers part for some reason - but just wanted to say your dress is lovely!

I'd be interested in reasonably priced florists Glasgow area too xxx
    Last edited by Miss_Gillz; 06-01-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling mistake oops

I'm going for silk flowers. I know some people hate them but i would really like to keep my bouquet and it seems so much money for fresh flowers! I'm going to be using silkblooms from Glasgow. They are very reasonable and absolutely gorgeous.

My mum was not keen at all when I told her my plans but I showed her the flowers at the SECC wedding show and she was really impressed x

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostMrsAllan View Post
    I'm going for silk flowers. I know some people hate them but i would really like to keep my bouquet and it seems so much money for fresh flowers! I'm going to be using silkblooms from Glasgow. They are very reasonable and absolutely gorgeous.

My mum was not keen at all when I told her my plans but I showed her the flowers at the SECC wedding show and she was really impressed x
    I seen the silk blooms at the SECC wedding show as well, was so impressed at how real they looked. I am going to use them as well x

I'm using silkblooms too my mum used them for her wedding in September and they were gorgeous. They are great to work with and I can't wait to pick ours up in April!

M xxx

Wow ur dress is lovely! What colour are your BMs going to be in. and what style s your wedding? Glam, vintage, country fare? Xx

It was a girl from another forum who had blue orchids from silkblooms, I fell in love and decided there and then that I had to have them! X

Thanks ladies, I'll check them out.

MrsDunbar - thanks, I love my dress even more every time I look at a pic Don't have theme so to speak, would say romantic glamour, subtle bits of different thing, including a couple of vintages touches too, sounds a lot but it all looks really well together. Bridesmaids are in a pale blue.

xx

Almostmrsallan- Thank you so much! I'm allergic to flowers as is my h2b so silk flowers sound ace. Do they just do bouquets or do they provide things for tables??

Does anybody know of someone who does silk flowers closer to St andrews???

i love Silkblooms but I'm not sure what I want at all and I too am dreading it and putting it off.

Just in case you're still looking for flowers, I'm getting married in Stirling and using The Floral Design Boutique for my flower. Amanda has been amazing! She's based between Stirling and Glasgow so probs perfect for you. She has packages starting from 200. Really worth getting in touch as she's been amazing! http://www.thefloraldesignboutique.c...packages/c1yn8

I've got a dotty overlay on my dress, but I'm making my own bouquet from paper.

Your dress lovely! I think something like long stemmed lilies would be lovely. So a long and elegant bouquet