Thread: Mr and Mrs Appelbee 01/12/13 at The Vu

Default Mr and Mrs Appelbee 01/12/13 at The Vu

Our big day was 2weeks ago and it was absolutely amazing. We were so lucky because we had amazing weather with it being december, the sun was splitting the sky and no wind or rain which was brilliant. The day went by so fast and was very emotional but I wouldnt change it for the world.

I will start my report with a little background of how we met.

I met my husband (eeeek) over 10years ago when I was just 15 and he was 18. We met through a mutual friend one night. Straight away I could tell he was quite shy so after only 2weeks of knowing him I asked him out because I knew he was too shy to ask me and since we have been inseparable. After 6 years of going out he finally moved in with me then 2 years later on christmas day we got engaged. Then 3 weeks later we decided to start looking for a venue and visited The Vu and fell in love with it so booked it there and then. We tried to book it for the 7th december 2013 as this would have been our ten year anniversary but unfortunately they were already booked so we opted for sunday 1st december. We were really laid back throughout our 2 years of planning and had the attitude of it will all come together on the day and it did just that(with a few little hick ups lol) xx

Super Senior Member

Congrats - can't wait to hear the rest xxx

Super Senior Member

Congratulations! Tell us more ;-) and can't wait to see some pics! X
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yay! Our wedding is 10 months on Christmas Day at the Vu, can't wait to hear all about it! Xx

The week leading up to the wedding was relatively calm, we had a few appointments to go to but nothing major. My hubby finished his work on the tuesday but u finished on the Wednesday. Friday was full of appointments, I had my hair, nails, beauty appointments and my make up trial on the same day.Then on the saturday(the day before) I was hoping to have had everything done and be at the hotel chilling out with my chief bmaid and my brother who was travelling up from england about mid afternoon, this did not go to plan!! I had spent the week before drawing my table plan on a white mirror with porcelain pen and had to keep going over it to make it bright enough and we had to have all our bits and pieces including the table plan at the venue before 4pm on the saturday...well.... at midday on that day I received 2 phone calls, one for hubbys sister who wanted to add her new boyfriend as her plus 1 when her table was already full then the other call from family(6 of them) who were travelling up from england to inform us that they wouldnt be coming anymore as their car had broke down 20minutes away from their house. So I had to scrape off all my table plan that had taken me a week to complete it and start again. It took me 3.5hours and only just got it to the vu on time. Needless to say I was stressing out by this point but I just went to the hotel, met my brother for abit then had to go home and pack up everything we needed for the big day. There was so much it felt like I was moving house I then headed back to the hotel, we all had a lovely meal together then my hubby left with his best man.

The big day has arrived

Myself and chief bridesmaid woke up at 6am and we quickly went and had showers and left our hotel for 6.30am to head to my mums as my hairdresser was arriving for 7am as there was 7 of us to get ready. We met my other bridesmaids at my mums house. To be honest the morning just went SO fast it was all a kind of blur. One minute we were sitting around laughing while the first bridesmaid was getting her hair done the the next minute everyone was arriving. First to arrive was the make up artist at 8.30am, then the florist was there at 10.30am. Shortly after my dad arrived at the house, this was a tense time as my parents are divorced and havent seen each other for around 8years but they both kept out each others ways and it was fine. The photographer then arrived to take photos and then it was my turn to grt my hair and make up done. At this moment I didnt actually realise the time and one of my bridesmaids told me the cars were outside as I had just started to get my hair done, the cars were 20minutes early and of course this set me into a panic but I soon calmed down and thought to myself they will just have to wait for me lol. Finally we were all ready to go and by this time I was 20mimutes late for our wedding. All our guests told me later on that day that my now hubby was so nervous he just kept pacing up and down because of me being late

Myself and my dad just before we left my mums house x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me n dad before.jpg  

Myself, my dad, my bridesmaids and flower girl all outside Waterlilly before we headed in. We couldnt have picked a better day regarding the weather to get married. Everyone who has seen our photos has commented how if you didnt know we got married in december you would think we had a summer wedding and our photographs have turned out amazing because of it x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140103_153410.jpg  

My dad walking me down the aisle to a nervous hubby x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140103_153441.jpg  

Super Senior Platinum Member

You look beautiful and so happy x

Super Senior Member

Congrats - your dress is lovely xxx

Congratulations you look beautiful x

To be honest I dont remember much about the ceremony itself. We had a lovely registrar named wilma, she was amazing. I rememeber waiting on the piper to start for us to walk down the aisle and as soon as he started myself and a couple bridesmaids started to get a little emotional but as soon as we started to walk we composed ourselves. I have no idea where anyone was sitting as I was focused on my husband while walking down the aisle. We had his sister and my cousin to do readings for us. During our vows the registrar gave a little moan to my husband because he put my ring on too soon and the photographer caught it on photo so you see him quickly taking it back off again and us all laughing. We also have a few photos of giggling because my mum was crying during the ceremony but my mum is a terrible cryer and makes alot of weird noises so we were trying not to laugh at her aswell, it was a very light hearted ceremony and im glad we did it the way we did x

Us signing the register x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20140103_153527.jpg  

Super Senior Member Mrs_G to be's Avatar

lovely pics - congratulations

Getting married on 23/06/12

You got such a lovely day for it! Love the photo of you walking down the aisle, smiles on everyone's faces xx