Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: I need major help with inlaws!(and BM)

Quote Originally Posted by hydrogirl View Post
    thanks girls! you have all been great and very supportive! you have all kept me sane throughout the planning process by letting me vent and agreeing that im not the one in the wrong!
    THANK YOU!!!!!! oh and if u want a nosey at photos the link is below
    p.s my mum is in the bright pink, inlaw in purple and black and his gran is in black
    this is the dress i wanted for my bridesmaid just so u can compare to the grey one she chose
    also (Saunders)

http://www.brianmuldoonphotography.c...3000&k=x523gJT
    Your pictures are fab and it looks as though you had a fab day despite the difficulties in the run up.

i love your Mr & Mrs sign, where did you get it?

Stunning pics. Congratulations xx

Super Senior Member

Love the photos - you look gorgeous and so happy xxx

Your photos are wonderful! Love the ones on the pier xx

Super Senior Member

You look stunning and clearly didn't let it affect your day! Yourself and your husband look so happy n that's all that matters. Thanks for sharing your photos, love a nosey x x

Super Senior Platinum Member

You look so happy and absolutely stunning x x

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxter View Post
    Your pictures are fab and it looks as though you had a fab day despite the difficulties in the run up.

i love your Mr & Mrs sign, where did you get it?
    hi jaxter i got the sign off ebay, orginally was going to get my dad to make them but started to run out of time, they were gold on ebay or primed them and re-painted

hi jaxter i got the sign off ebay, orginally was going to get my dad to make them but started to run out of time, they were gold on ebay or primed them and re-painted
    thank you. I'll have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxter View Post
    thank you. I'll have a look.
    Actually not sure what ur thinking price wise, I bought them for 45, if ur interested buying it? It costs about 5 in postage or if ur near falkirk we could meet up?

This made me laugh ... The dress your bm is in is the one I bought for mine lol!! I fell in love with it but have to say you made me rethink!!

Glad you had a fab day

Xx

Actually not sure what ur thinking price wise, I bought them for 45, if ur interested buying it? It costs about 5 in postage or if ur near falkirk we could meet up?
    Unfortunately I showed h2b and he's said no we can't have them! Think he's in the huff cos I told him he couldn't have a thistle button hole as it won't go with the colours!! Shame too as my BM stays in Falkirk and it would've been perfect. Thank you though. X

staci its a nice dress to be honest, i was more pissed off at the fact i never got to pick it and i think my option was better.
    i think on her with the hair like that it doesnt look right, i think the half up waves would have softened the look - but i know nothing as far as my inlaws are concerned lol
    hi jaxter, thats a shame! could you maybe get a fake thistle in a differnt colour? to easy tensions with OH? they eventually come round to your way of thinking - it just takes a while lol

It did really make me laugh when I realised as I had been reading your thread throughout and was so annoyed for you!! I know what you mean. When I seen the pics I did start doubting that I liked it as much as I thought but my bm's really suit it and I'm going to make sure their hair/make up compliments it too
    Fingers crossed!!

Xx

You look beautiful fab photos!! I do agree that the way you wanted the bm hair would have made the look softer. I had a wee giggle because I've never known anyone to carry a cala lily the way she did down the aisle, hehe!! Especially not a single one

Mrs forchtobe I never noticed before and laughed when I looked back at her holding it!
    staci I'm sure u will make it look really pretty! What colour have you went for?

My husband went round to his parents tonight, his sister said she was getting us a gift but it wouldn't b ready till after the wedding (it's a photo album of baby pics etc I guessed and my mum confirmed it as that's how she got photos) how ever that's been three weeks now, no present and I don't have much confidence in the outcome of it anyway lol
    To be fair tho his parents never gave us an engagement present (still waiting on that lol) so maybe in a few years i'll get both presents?!
    His gran is moving house this weekend and he announced that he's going to help them move her stuff. I said I'm not going since his parents never helped us move last year and I hate his family lol
    Then I looked at my phone to put it in charge (it's been in my bag on silent all day) and there's a text from my mil asking me to hem the grans curtains -like f**k! They honestly think they never done anything wrong and neither did she! Grrrrrrr!!!!
    Anyway thought I'd update u all lol

Hehe I thought it was funny, especially since it was just a single one.

Does your mil not know how to hem curtains?? Not that I do but I'd expect my mil does, so why can't she do it herself?? Surely his gran knows aswell...

Good on you for saying no though

i know you will all be fed up with me and this saga! lol
    i actually am at a loss now on how to move on.... hubby doesnt know everything that happened but the stuff he doesn know was bad enough in my opinion. the issue is he has forgiven them and moved on as they dont think they ever done anything wrong.
    i cant bring myself to do the same - i dont want to be a door mat! also i know i will never get an appology and they crossed the line and i let them so thats the standard i set
    they have convinced hubby he needs to see them more and he is now having to go round for his dinner every wednesday night - he doesnt invite me as he knows im still hurt and not ready to act like they have done nothing wrong again. but at the end of the day hes now a married man! to me not them! and i only see my parents every 2 weeks (i call, text etc lots and they live close too)
    however its putting a strain on things as we both work 8:30-5:30pm so only really get nights and weekends (by the time we finish work and get home its closer to 7pm tho) we have our house still to sort i.e. we are doing up the garden, still sorting the kitchen and have stuff to unpack from moving ages ago
    my mum says i have to make more of an effort and support him by going to c the family and act like they done nothing wrong, but she also says that if they say anything horrible just leave the house - much easier said than done
    im not sure what to do - i feel like if i tell hubby everything they done/acted he will brush it off or twist it to make them seem not so bad and that i just took everything the wrong way or misheard (because he will defend his family). i also feel even if i tell him everything and he believes me and admits how horrible they were he will still forgive them and expect me to act normal around them? for mothers day he bought dancing on ice tickets for the mum (and sis was going with her) his sis tolf him tickets were 100 so they would go halfers - tickets were 50 so he paid for his mum to go and sis bought for herself to go plus flowers etc (not dead ones lol)
    so what do i do?!

Super Senior Member

Oh good god they just go from bad to worse! Men will always defend their mum and sister I think so what's the point in telling him everything as you will just get mega annoyed with him when he disagrees or says you are over reacting..........women are total bitches sometimes and them thinking and acting like they have done nothing wrong is just hysterical. I would just do as you are doing now and totally avoid them as much as you can!! X

thanks lifeofriley! ive been feeling guilty and my mum just keeps saying i need to make an effort and i just cant which makes me feel like a bad person

Super Senior Member

You are not the bad person!! And if u go along and act like they've done nothing wrong then they will think it's ok to walk all over you, don't stand for it! X