Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mr & Mrs Rodger 15-10-13

Platinum Member

Default Mr & Mrs Rodger 15-10-13

This is going to be a long one I can feel it!!!

I met my husband at Blue Dog in Glasgow in 2008. We had a girls night out planned to see my friend's band playing and my friend asked if she could invite some friends who were visiting from Dundee, the more the merrier! Apparently his first thought about me was that I was just another of Sarah's 'dumb, blonde, pretty friends', charming!!! We had a total 'moment' when our eyes met across the bar, hubby says that's when cupid struck!! And then his friend fell down the stairs and he had to rescue her.....we then got talking at the Buff Club and then spent the whole night chatting, drinking tea, watching Family Guy and listening to Muse, perfect! Then the next day we met all his friends for lunch and ended up just the two of us again and spent the whole day together until he had to go home to Dundee. He promised to bombard me with texts (which he did!) and has sent me a text every morning since then! We spent the following year travelling between Glasgow and Dundee at weekends to see each other before he moved to Glasgow.

We got engaged on Valentine's Day this year. We aren't fussed about it as a 'special day' so it was the last thing I was expecting, he was very clever to surprise me so much! We always knew we would not have a long engagement and quickly booked Crutherland House for 15th October this year. We picked a weekday because it was convenient for our work, availability and prices of suppliers were fanstastic and virtually all of our friends and family work shifts/are retired/have the same holidays so it was convenient for them too. So we set about planning, me doing everything and hubby doing hardly anything which drove me spare sometimes, but it meant that I got to make nearly all the big decisions which suited me lol. It was so exciting to be organising everything quite quickly and meant we just have to make decisions which was easier in the long run!

Platinum Member

The week of the wedding!!!

We managed to have a very relaxing Saturday as we were very organised, then the Sunday was a busy day with tan and nails appointments before my best friend arrived from England with her husband and baby, that's when it kicked in that this was all really happening, it was so exciting and emotional! We had dinner at mum and dad's and then I went up to church for a music rehearsal. I teach music in schools and one of my school choirs were singing at the wedding, it was so sweet and I felt so honoured the kids gave up time in their holidays to come along. My friend was playing piano and two friends playing violin too. As I play music at weddings the music was a BIG deal, everyone was expecting the best music ever and I just wished I could play at my own wedding lol. Hearing the kids singing made me so emotional and close to tears but I kept it together....until my nephew arrived and practised the tune he was playing on the Uileann pipes, it was so amazing, and he's only 12, I definitely had a tear in my eye then! Practising walking down the aisle was amazing and emotional too, and my voice was cracking when we practised our vows!

We had a relaxing evening drinking champagne and opening presents and cards and a lazy Monday morning the day before the wedding, enjoying the calm before the storm!

Super Senior Member FutureMrsMilligan's Avatar

Can't wait to read the rest of your report Mrs Rodger! Congratulations on becoming a married woman! xx

Congratulations to you both. Looking forward to the next instalment.xx

can't wait to read the rest! congrats again! x

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Oh don't leave us hanging!!! Looking forward to reading he next installment! Xxx

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Looking forward to the rest. Can't wait to see photos! xx
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Senior Platinum Member

I'm so happy to come back to find this cant wait to read the rest! Congratulations Mrs Rodger ! xxx

Come on Siobhan - where's the rest of your report?! We're all bursting to hear the details!!! xxx

Platinum Member

If I can get the laptop off hubby I'll try and do some soon! Xx

Platinum Member

So, the day before the wedding! After relaxing morning drinking tea and packing we made our way over to my mum and dad's. My brother and brother in law had kindly taken all the things over to the hotel that needed to go (table plan etc) and all I had to do was pick up BM dress from getting it's last minute alterations done (it had been left too long but all was good in the end). We went up to the hotel and caught up with some of our guests who arrived that day and gave out some of our thank you gifts.

I went for a gorgeous (and thankfully quiet!) dinner with my best friend that evening. She would have been my BM but I didn't want to ask too much of her as she lives far away and has a one year old so it was perfect to spend my last night of freedom with her! I went back to mum and dad's as my cousin was coming to shape and tint my eyebrows (brave the day before the wedding but they were perfect!) and then I was by myself for a wee while before my parents got in from my sister's. It was nice but a bit weird being all by myself the night before my wedding! I had a shower and washed my hair as instructed, put on my 'bride' dressing gown and settled down with a glass of fizz.

When my parents got in we watched the family DVDs my dad has put together this year. I was worried as I hadn't cried lol, so insisted we watch it, and also to remember some very close relatives who have passed away in recent times. It was lovely and really special to be thinking of them at such an important time.

We were getting ready for bed and my mum gave me the gift my hubby had bought me - he had said to use her judgement when to give it to me, and she judged it perfectly. It was a locket, engraved with our wedding date, and the phrase, 'always in your heart as you will always be in mine' and inside were pictures of my grandma and aunt who I was really close to. The whole planning of the wedding I had been saying how they would have approved of different parts of our wedding etc and how I wished they could be there, so hubby thought it was appropriate. I shed a tear when I opened it! He'd also written a card saying he knew I had my jewellery arranged so I didn't have to wear it and that I had a lifetime to wear it, but of course I had to wear it as I had them with me on our special day, it was so perfect.

I went to bed at midnight and slept like a log until 6am, I couldn't believe it! I went on facebook, the forum(!) and answered a few nice texts I had and napped on and off until 8am which was my cue to get up and showered..........

Platinum Member

So my day started with a phone call from my florst saying she was running late!!! She is my sister's colleague and although a fully qualified florist it is not her full time job. She was coming from Fife and explained she couldn't fit the flowers in her car so they were having to take the camper van, and they couldn't stabilize them properly, then it would take them longer to get here as they couldn't drive fast etc. I just wanted to get her off the phone so she could get going!!!! But in a funny way, because my day started with problems it made me realise that I couldn't do anything now, that everything was planned and it was in other peoples' hands now, and I chilled out about everything!!

Hubby sent me a lovely text and I had croissants and tea whilst waiting for the hairdresser....who was an hour late! But cool as a cucumber I knew it would all be OK! At this point I decided if I had to walk to the church in my PJs with no make up on I would be OK because all I wanted to do was marry my husband!! But hair got done, BMs arrived to get dressed and I started on my make up. The photographer arrived early, but he just sat out the way and perfectly until we were ready as mum had insisted on no getting ready shots as she didn't want the hassle! Then, after a few rubbish trials with false eye lashes I decided to just do my make up as I would for a nice day out as I just wanted to look like me with awesome hair and dress! That set me back a bit... The photographer started getting a bit anxious as BMs were ready and we still didn't have flowers so I told him just to get the photos done without.

Mym mum and sister were helping me to get into my dress.....it was too long!!!! Then I realised I didn't have my shoes on, but after putting my shoes on I was so annoyed that my dress was still nearly two inches too long!!!! So ladies, despite what your dress maker says, ALWAYS try your dress before taking it home!!! I trusted her too much, and after me telling her I'd rather it was too short than long I was convinced she'd get it right. I spent the day kicking and tripping over my dress but never mind!!!

So, I was finally ready, and went for photos with parents and BMs (emotional with mum and dad!), I was STILL without flowers. Even the priest had text me with concern. I ended up saying there were worse things than a wedding without flowers and I would walk down the aisle doing jazz hands if I had to! I was even amazing myself at how calm I was. So the photographer left to get shots of hubby and guests, and we had nothing to do! We were all ready, so I went to the loo lol. And then started getting twitchy about the cars. They were due to arrive at 12.30....no sign. Best Man had the list with suppliers so I called him, but as he was in church he didn't answer. Luckily an usher did answer so he was told to chase it up. Best Man called at 12.40 to say the cars were round the corner, on time, and they didn't want to harrass us by being early. Erm, they're NOT on time, I harrassed because they are not here, we still have to get our flowers (which were now at church, thankfully), and can they please come immediately??!! They arrived at 12.50, we were driving off at 12.54, the driver said, 'perfect timing, six minutes to do a six minute journey'. Brides getting cars, please remember, when you arrive you get photos taken etc so you need longer! The car company had been told I was determined to walk down the aisle at 1pm SHARP so not to wait round the corner etc so it was quite annoying! They were really nice though so that made it a bit better.

We arrived at church, the videographer was there and wanted a shot getting out the car. I hope I don't regret this but I just said, 'David, it is so lovely to see you, but I'm due to be walking down the aisle NOW so I don't have time for this, I'll see you inside, go and get set up!'. The photographer took a quick picture or two, I collected my flowers (surprisingly heavy but beautiful, despite not being completely what I'd asked for too!!!), and was determined to get inside and up the aisle!!! A couple of the ushers greeted me and we were just waiting for the music..... I had a bit of a 'moment' as did my dad, but me being annoyed at him walking away from me made the emotional, weepy feeling disappear thankfully lol. My BMs walked down to 'Home Away From Home', and it was beautiful, but the fact they totally took the piss walking super slowly again made me feel non-weepy! They even needed to play the piece twice for them!! And then our music, 'My Father's Favourite' from 'Sense and Sensilbility', gorgeous. I was just grinning at everyone and saying hello (I hope it doesn't look stupid on the video!). Then I arrived at hubby, gave my flowers to my sister, and remembered that in all the kerfuffle with cars and flowers being late I forgot to put my veil over my face I'd always planned doing that as it's the only time in my life I'll be able to, but never mind So please don't forget if that's your plan, brides!

Will continue soon (I told you this would be long!) xxx

Platinum Member

Oh, and by my watch I was four minutes late walking down the aisle, but my mother in law says it was ten....regardless, despite everything that went wrong I think that was pretty impressive haha. Hubby said he wouldn't wait a second for me and if I was late he'd walk out (he's the kind of person who really means that!) but thankfully he waited! xx

Platinum Member

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sj_0025.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	10708Bridesmaids

Platinum Member

Before leaving the house (feeling surprisingly calm despite all the hiccups!)

Name:	sj_0086.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	10709

Platinum Member

Name:	sj_0092.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	10710

Platinum Member

Walking down the aisle My work colleagues who were evening guests cam eto watch us get married and were delighted to get in our pics lol xx

Name:	sj_0173.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	10711

Super Senior Member

You look so beautiful and it's great hearing all about your day xxx

Platinum Member

Aww thank you that's us married two months today!! Xxx

Super Senior Platinum Member

You look stunning and a great wee report x

Lovely pictures, you look great. And so calm despite what you'd been through that morning, don't think I would cope nearly as well! Congrats xx

Awww, loving your report! You look absolutely stunning!!! Can't wait for the next instalment... xx

p.s. Well done for keeping so calm with those wee hiccups! It's a good tip to all us brides to be that at the end of the day, it's not worth stressing about the small things and to focus on the just the important stuff! xx

Platinum Member

Thanks ladies!

When I got down the aisle and said hello to hubby the first thing I noticed was the stench of booze on his breath, bleurgh!!! I commented, but that was all. I thought I would be furious, but the smell was stale booze from the night before, his last night of freedom lol, and he was in bed at 1am and didn't have a hangover so I didn't really have anything to complain about, it was just horrible that our first kiss as husband and wife was boozy lol.

Our wedding service was absolutely beautiful. Our priest was so friendly and funny, included everyone, and made it so personal to us. Everyone complemented how lovely it was. My wee choir led the singing and my friends provided the music, it was all so perfect! I was so worried that I would be teary eyed, but I was just smiling and felt so happy and confident the whole way through. My friend sang Ave Maria at the signing of the register and even that didn't make me cry, I was just so happy! So an hour later we walked down the aisle as Mr&Mrs Rodger! A quick hello to people who had come to watch us get married and I went back into church to say thank you to all the musicians and get my picture taken with the choir

Platinum Member

Name:	sj_0271.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	10713

Platinum Member

Name:	sj_0651.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	10714