Thread: When to book the celebrant?

Default When to book the celebrant?

We're getting married in September next year and want a humanist ceremony...is it too soon to contact celebrants now?

No! Book as soon as you can, especially if you have a celebrant in mind. Were getting married in May and have had ours booked for about 5 -6 months and I remember quite a few who we contacted were already booked

M xxx

I booked my celebrant two weeks ago and I am not getting married until June 2015, so if you have someone in mind I would just get in contact with them now

Yes book as soon as you can as we booked over a year in advance and we didn't get our first few choices xx

Wow! I thought I was organised but I better get a move on! I don't have anyone in mind in particular but will have a look on the website at some profiles, the coordinator at our venue has also given us some names. Will get on that today!

Yeh definately look into booking now. I'm getting married June 2015 also and the first 2 celebrants I researched and contacted were booked!
    As were one of the bands I was looking into!!
    Dont be panicked though. Look up the humanist society, then search on here for reviews of the celebrants you are interested in. Ours is Susan Douglas-Scott. We've met her and she is lovely.
    Good luck! Xx
    Last edited by weeash; 19-11-2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Typo

I would book as soon as! We have ours booked for July 2015!

I agree, book as soon as! I get married may 2015 and booked a few months back x

I kept forgetting to book mine and only booked mine yesterday for july 2014 but I was freaking out for a wee while coz the first few I contacted were unavailable! Got one in the end. Thankfully, or we'd be spending all that money on a big party with no marriage at the end of it lol

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Book it ASAP! Celeberant's diaries fill up really fast, especially now that more and more people are having humanist (and civil)ceremonies! xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

Thanks everyone! Got our celebrant booked now! Had a good browse through the website and really liked the sound of Gerrie Douglas-Scott as she had a blog and you can tell she loves what she does. Luckily she was free in our date so we booked her! I think I was lucky that we're getting married on a Sunday as she said she's booked up on the dates round about ours.

Another thing ticked off the list! Now cake...!

C xx

Gerrie married my friend and is the partner of my celebrant! Good choice! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarabo View Post
    Thanks everyone! Got our celebrant booked now! Had a good browse through the website and really liked the sound of Gerrie Douglas-Scott as she had a blog and you can tell she loves what she does. Luckily she was free in our date so we booked her! I think I was lucky that we're getting married on a Sunday as she said she's booked up on the dates round about ours.

Another thing ticked off the list! Now cake...!

C xx
    19th June 2015 - House for an Art Lover

I booked my Celebrant in July 2013 for August 2014. Paid my deposit - Big Tick!

Or so I thought, I got a lovely email in December to say that he had been asked to perform a ceremony in France on my wedding day and regretably he was going to have to cancel his services for my wedding. So I'm now starting the search all over again.

Luckily I am meeting with another celebrant tonight. Fingers crossed he's good or I'll be in full blown panic mode :-o