Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 29 Royal Exchange Square brides

Quote Originally Posted by laurenxooo View Post
    Hi everyone! I haven't been on here for a while but just wanted to
    post a wee update - we went and met Martin today and he's absolutely lovely! He's totally put me at ease after all the changes. He's very very similar to David so I think he's going to be absolutely fab x
    Oh that's great! So pleased to hear that! I got an email from him but haven't been able to get in to meet him yet, hopefully will manage in the next few weeks!

How is your planning going?

C x

Quote Originally Posted by clarabo View Post
    Oh that's great! So pleased to hear that! I got an email from him but haven't been able to get in to meet him yet, hopefully will manage in the next few weeks!

How is your planning going?

C x
    I know I feel so relieved now after speaking to him, I had a big list of questions I needed answered and I felt like a total bridezilla haha but he was great. Really good thanks! We just have our favours, rings and honeymoon left to do - I'm wishing I wasn't so organised now we still have over a year and I've ran out of things to do LOL. What about you your date is getting so close you must be so excited!! xo

My goodness, you are so organised!! We only got engaged in October and I deliberately wanted less than a year to plan as I'm so indecisive. It's ridiculous! Any longer and I'd have changed my mind about things a million times!

we are pretty much organised, need to get the flowers sorted this month (know who is doing them, just not what I want), the suits for the boys and then we need to start thinking about the invites! Hubby to be is a graphic designer so he's doing them but it'll probably take us months to agree on something haha! Also need to go outfit shopping with my mum but she wants to leave that til summer!

what kind of questions did you ask Martin? I was trying to compile a list but other than menu tasting and what kind of sound system they have for putting music on during the meal I can't really think of much!!

C xx

I know lol, usually I'm really indecisive about things (my fiancé goes insane at how long I take in the supermarket choosing a simple thing like a cereal haha) but I've actually made my mind up about everything really easily! Just hoping I dont start seeing more stuff and want to change my mind now I have everything booked lol.

Oooh that's handy!! I know I'm the same with my mum, she has an appointment for Joyce Young at the end of the month but it's just for a wee browse just now.

I've been complying a list for ages every so often id just be like oh! need to check that lol. I wanted to check about the half bottle of wine per person if it was bottles of wine on the table or 2 glasses per person cause a lot of our friends and family don't drink wine so I didn't want anything wasted. Had to check about the menu/drink packages because when we booked last year it was different so I wasn't sure if we were going with the new or old - also we had the choice of a menu of 3 starters, 3 mains and 2 desserts which they don't seem to do anymore? We are having a string trio and photobooth for night so had to check set up for that, plus my fiancé's dad loves a specific beer so wanted to check if we could order certain drinks in lol. I forgot to ask how many bar staff will be working on the night so I'll need to check that out later too eeek. Have you picked your menu yet? Everything sounds so tasty I'm really looking forward to the tasting part lol xo

Those are all good questions - I may steal some!! I'm having a string trio and a photobooth as well so I'd be interested to know the set up too!

We've not picked our menu yet. We're a sunday so have the option of doing the sunday roast. The only thing putting us off is that it's an extra £7 per person. I have no idea how this is worked out when the actual sunday roast is only £15 for two courses!!! So to be honest I think we'll probably go for something else as it seems a bit of a rip off! When are you doing your tasting? We're meeting Martin this week so think we'll arrange it then.

How is everyone's planning going?

Hey girls! Is anyone going to the Wedding show in 29 on 8th June?? I'm taking my M.O.H, can't wait for her to have a proper look around it

Xx

Unfortunately I can't go to the show on the 8th as I have plans already! Even though I've got most things sorted I'd have gone along anyway just to see it all dressed for a wedding, I just love looking at it! haha!

I actually meant to come back and update this after I met Martin...he was fab, totally put our minds at rest and we had a really good meeting. Since then I've emailed him again with various questions and he's definitely faster at getting back to me than Iain was! There's a new menu as well and it's SO much better than the last one so we're really pleased about that. Going to do our menu tasting in June I think!

Ooh great, I can't wait to have a look at the new menu! x

Hi all

Thought I'd come back to this thread and just let everyone know how AMAZING our wedding at 29 was. Honestly, we had the best day ever. The3 venue was great and everyone raved about how lovely it was and particularly the food!

I've written a loooooong report in the 'newlyweds' section if anyone wants to have a wee read or just give me a shout if you want to ask anything about the venue or the day. I also have to mention that Martin was uh-mazing...it was a bit worrying when the co-ordinator seemed to be changing weekly but he was fabulous and I'm so glad it was him...he took care of everything!

C xx

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but have any current 29 brides heard about Martin being replaced? And has anyone met his replacement?

I'm glad someone asked this! I'm getting married at 29 in August and have heard that Martin was fired! :O no idea why though! I've been emailing his replacement Louize and am going to meet her on 16th May. A friend of a friend is getting married there this week so met with Louize, she said she's extremely organised and on the ball, so that makes me feel a little better. I panicked when I found out he had left! Xx

That's so good to hear! We won't be able to arrange to meet up with her for at least a few weeks so I'm glad to hear good feedback about her! I was starting to panic because I stupidly had a quick google and found some reviews from weddings she'd previously organised, and a there were loads of good ones, but a small number that weren't great, I know that there will always be people who aren't happy but it totally freaked me out!
    We both really liked Martin and felt really certain that he'd do a good job so we were quite concerned to hear he'd been replaced (This seems to be a theme at 29, so who knows who'll be there by the time we get married!)
    I'd love to hear how you get on when you meet her! (And how your friends wedding goes!)x
    Last edited by GeorgiaF; 30-04-2015 at 09:59 PM.

I met Martin on the street a few weeks ago and he told me about this - how awful! He was absolutely amazing at our wedding so their decision to replace him absolutely baffled me! Hopefully the new girl will be just as good as the venue is amazing. We had a fab day!

C x

Hi i got married on Saturday, a couple weeks before hearing there was a new coordinator! Louize was lovely and 29 have great staff during day with louize and night with Dawn so as long as you have all details finalised with louize before then you will have a fantastic day!