Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 29 Royal Exchange Square brides

did any of you lovely ladies head to the open day today?

if so how did you guys get on?

it just reminds me how much I love the venue!!

there is just TOO many suppliers to choose from xx

Hiya
    Yes we went along with both of the mums! Was great to see it with some decor up etc! We've got most things booked already so didn't speak to many of the suppliers but did spend a good half hour chatting to the girl from Make Believe who was so helpful and is going to email us a quote for all the wee bits and bobs we're looking for!

Didn't see Ian at all despite looking for him specifically to ask about that job ad! Will probably email this week instead!

We popped into John MacIntyres on the way back to the car, just to have a wee look at wedding rings...ended up in there for 2 hours and have bought our rings! V excited!!! Another thing off the list!

C x

aw excellent

well done you!

we never saw Iain! we just went to see the room set up! I really like the black seat covers!

I think we are going to go with the humanist we saw! and we love special days cakes so I was going to book there

Cannot decide on a photographer at all too many to choose from!! x

Ooh yea the black seat covers looked lovely, so dramatic! We've gone for ivory with the hoods rather than sashes and then a pearl brooch attached as our colours are ivory, pink and champagne.

I had a chat with a couple of the photographers yesterday and thought Christopher Currie seemed really good. We've already booked Caro Weiss as we love her relaxed style (we both hate having photos taken).

C x

Quote Originally Posted by clarabo View Post
    Ooh yea the black seat covers looked lovely, so dramatic! We've gone for ivory with the hoods rather than sashes and then a pearl brooch attached as our colours are ivory, pink and champagne.

I had a chat with a couple of the photographers yesterday and thought Christopher Currie seemed really good. We've already booked Caro Weiss as we love her relaxed style (we both hate having photos taken).

C x

yeahh we looked at him and really liked his style!! the only thing was i found he was really expensive well that was the take I took from his price list! i am going to ask him for more info though

I loved the look of the car/

We also really liked the bag piper but then again i loved the string quartet!!

too much to choose from x

The car was gorgeous! We booked our cars with ivory choice as they had an amazing discount. To be honest I would have got a taxi but my mum really wanted cars! Haha!

I'm biased as we've booked the string quartet, I just preferred it to the idea of a piper as I thought bagpipes would be too loud in the size of room. We actually only booked the string trio as they said that was perfect for the supper club (they play there loads) so that was a bit cheaper too!! Always good! Haha!

C x

The car was gorgeous! We booked our cars with ivory choice as they had an amazing discount. To be honest I would have got a taxi but my mum really wanted cars! Haha!

I'm biased as we've booked the string quartet, I just preferred it to the idea of a piper as I thought bagpipes would be too loud in the size of room. We actually only booked the string trio as they said that was perfect for the supper club (they play there loads) so that was a bit cheaper too!! Always good! Haha!

C x
    aaahhh thats excellent!

soo guess what tonight I go on facebook and a guy who i went to school with and currently live across the road from is the new wedding coordinator of 29!!

Martin McAveety is his name!! could not believe it when I saw it! xx

Ooh what's he like?? I wonder if 29 will actually let us know???!

Heyyy I'm another 29 bride, absolutely love the place...Our wedding is in 7 weeks!!
    I dealt with David at first but then got an email from him letting me know he was moving on, have met Iain when we went for our menu tasting and he was lovely too and I have no doubt that he will do a grand job!
    Good luck with all your organising and planning! If you need any info about stuff just let me know as I am pretty much done organising! x

Ooh what's he like?? I wonder if 29 will actually let us know???!
    hes really nice quite similar to david i think

soo fingers crossed you all like him

i doubt they will but you never know haha x

I really hope they let us know what's happening! Even just a generic email would be fine!

I'm sure he'll be fab but I agree, even just a wee email from 29 would be nice. Maybe Martin will email round once he's in place to introduce himself?

I've got some questions and updates to make to my supplier list but I'm not sure whether to email Iain now...is he still there or has he left!? Who knows!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Anna1503 View Post
    Heyyy I'm another 29 bride, absolutely love the place...Our wedding is in 7 weeks!!
    I dealt with David at first but then got an email from him letting me know he was moving on, have met Iain when we went for our menu tasting and he was lovely too and I have no doubt that he will do a grand job!
    Good luck with all your organising and planning! If you need any info about stuff just let me know as I am pretty much done organising! x
    Anna, when you went for your menu tasting did you get to try a selection or did you pick your menu first and then just try it all together?

Thanks!
    C

I'm sure he'll be fab but I agree, even just a wee email from 29 would be nice. Maybe Martin will email round once he's in place to introduce himself?

I've got some questions and updates to make to my supplier list but I'm not sure whether to email Iain now...is he still there or has he left!? Who knows!!?
    well martin doesnt start till 17 March!

I dont know if Iain will just keep his job at 29 as I am sure he was an events coordinator or something.

I would still just email just incase

Yea I think Ian was food and beverages manager before so maybe he'll go back to that. I'll drop him an email anyway and see what he says!

We had some good news...we won the competition that Hotel Indigo were running at the show on Sunday! Amazing as we never win anything! We're torn between there and The Blythswood for the night of the wedding...Blythswood just seems a bit more 'fancy' but the Indigo have a gorgeous suite with free mini bar and they can arrange a private brunch for everyone who stays over which I thought sounded great! Decisions!

Just wanted to say that I got married there last year. It is an amazing venue. David was the co-ordinator at the time but Ian was there from dinner onwards and was excellent too. You will have a great day! Any questions I'll do my best to give you advice/ view from a brides perspective, but you'll have nothing to worry about with 29 x

Hi ladies, sorry not been on in awhile but glad you all had a good time at the open day.

We went along too and met with Michelle Mooney - a senior events person. She said she didn't normally meet with couples (she's on the corporate side) but wanted to reassure us everything was still on track despite all the staff changes! I'd told them I was really concerned!

Iain is actually leaving 29 and I believe Martin has worked at 29 previously (didn't know that was his name so thanks for the update!).

We got an updated plan for the day from Michelle and hope to go for a menu tasting and to meet Martin once he's in post

Lx

Yea I think Ian was food and beverages manager before so maybe he'll go back to that. I'll drop him an email anyway and see what he says!

We had some good news...we won the competition that Hotel Indigo were running at the show on Sunday! Amazing as we never win anything! We're torn between there and The Blythswood for the night of the wedding...Blythswood just seems a bit more 'fancy' but the Indigo have a gorgeous suite with free mini bar and they can arrange a private brunch for everyone who stays over which I thought sounded great! Decisions!
    Well done you

if you won it i would say go for it!

I want to stay at the blythswood but then I think I am paying all that money to go there at 2/3am and then need to leave in the morning! I think Id rather book there when I can get the room for the full day haha!!xx

Thats good

Hopefully you all will like Martin!

You will need to update us on the menu tasting xx

Iain has already left...I sent him a chatty email asking where he was off to etc and got quite a snippy email back from someone else saying he'd left and answering my questions in quite an abrupt manner. Think I'll hold off contacting them again until Martin has started!

Iain has already left...I sent him a chatty email asking where he was off to etc and got quite a snippy email back from someone else saying he'd left and answering my questions in quite an abrupt manner. Think I'll hold off contacting them again until Martin has started!
    Thats awful! How rude!!

Yeahh wait till Martin has started! and hopefully things will go alot smoother then

Quote Originally Posted by weepammy View Post
    Thats awful! How rude!!

Yeahh wait till Martin has started! and hopefully things will go alot smoother then
    I know, I was really shocked at how abrupt and formal the email was. It was a girls name that I've not heard before and funnily enough someone from my work went to the open day for a show round to potentially book the venue for their wedding and they were shown round by a girl who they said was really unhelpful and rushed them round from room to room before taking them downstairs to the door and they had to ask to go back up and have another look on their own. Now wondering if it was the same girl!

Not long til Martin starts though and hopefully things will get back to normal! Think I'll arrange a meeting with him once he's settled!

Was it Michelle?

I also sent an email & got quite an abrupt reply. Was a bit annoyed to be honest!

I never had much contact with Iain before he left but he was always very pleasant and helpful!

No, it was Janis...not heard of her before or had any dealings with her. Maybe it's just come across wrong in an email but it really got my back up. If I was only a potential client I'd probably reconsider based on the tone of it!

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here for a while but just wanted to
    post a wee update - we went and met Martin today and he's absolutely lovely! He's totally put me at ease after all the changes. He's very very similar to David so I think he's going to be absolutely fab x