Thread: Our Lochside House Hotel Wedding Day

Default Our Lochside House Hotel Wedding Day

Hello all, as is tradition with these wedding reports....mine is a little overdue seeing as the big day was 6 weeks ago! I married my handsome husband on Friday 6th Sept at the Lochside House Hotel in New Cumnock. I did a wedding report in the lead up to my big day which some of you may have followed. I absolutely LOVED coming into this thread and reading all the reports, each one gave me butterflies for my own big day so I am putting the love back out there for y'all - for all those brides to be who are dreaming of their big day I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS as you have an absolute treat in store for you....here's my dream day in all its glory with pics

The Day Before
    We went down to the venue the day before the wedding - I'll tell you some background to why we chose the Lochside; we live in Glasgow and initially wanted to find somewhere central to have our wedding, we knew we wanted a humanist ceremony and that we wanted to have the whole day in one place to save transporting guests to other venues....and I had my heart set on St Andrews in the Square as I had been to a ceilidh there and loved the style of the building however when we went for a show-round to assess for our day something just didn't 'click' for me, it didn't feel quite right. So we looked at a few more places and I just didn't feel wowed by anything. One of my good friends, who was also a bridesmaid, had been to a wedding at Lochside House and told me how lovely it was, but when I checked the website again I wasn't too impressed. We were planning to head down towards Seamill Hydro for a viewing so I thought I'd arrange a Lochside viewing anyway just to put that one to bed....when we drove up the winding driveway I was speechless....the views, the gorgeous loch, and this pretty white building just tucked away - I started to get excited!! When we went in the reception area was being re-done as was the restaurant but when we met the weddng co-ordinator and were shown to the ceremony room I was SOLD! Murray loved it too (hahah) it was just so pretty and I could just imagine myself walking down the aisle to the big picturesque windows. From then on in the viewing got better & better....gorgeous spa check! Massive reception room with plenty of room for a ceilidh check! Friendly staff and decent bar prices check! Stunning outdoor area for drinks reception check! Lovely rooms and a stunning honeymoon suite check! So....as you guessed it we booked then and there and I could start dreaming about every little detail with the Lochside in the background.

So the day before I had my chief BM with me, she had driven up from Liverpool the night before. We all had some breakfast then started packing up cars with dresses, boxes, holdalls, shoes, table plans etc etc. We barely had any room left for extra passengers across 2 cars! We set off for the Lochside with my mum & my MIL and we arranged to meet my other 3 BM's down there. I had booked us all into the Lochside Spa for massages and mani/pedi's - it was lovely and we did pop open a few bottles of bubbles while we were there!! We had 20 of the wedding party and close friends from abroad staying the night before so the Lochside arranged a lovely private dining room for us and we had a lovely meal together - the food was amazing so that made me feel so much better for the next day's meal! A few more glasses of bubbles later, the girls all headed to the suite I was sharing with my chief BM and we had a 'St Tropez Gradual Tan' party So funny...one of my crazier BM's ordered a tray of sambuccas to the room at 1am and my mum came in right after to tell us all off & to get to bed! She was my saviour as it could have been a late one!! So we all headed to bed, and I went out like a light and slept until 7:30AM.

Me saying goodnight to Murray the night before the wedding:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1236325_10101400257020725_159637127_n.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	10382

The Morning
    So...up at 7:30AM I had checked the weather for weeks like a mad crazy woman and took a peek out the window - it looked clear but cloudy and I knew we'd probably get a few light showers...which we did and do you know what? It made very little difference to our day...don't stress about weather unless you have an outdoor wedding! I had 10 mins to myself to sit in bed & read some nice wishes from people on text. My Chief BM woke up all excited then the next thing the other BM's were at the door singing 'I'm getting married in the morning' haha...it was lovely. We went down to the spa together & sat in the sauna and jacuzzi for a while to chill out, then it was time to get ready for breakfast. The Lochside have a big room at the top of the hotel where everyone can get ready, so we all took the dresses, BM dresses etc up to the room & the Lochside had laid out a lovely table for us all to have breakfast! I managed to eat a little and I also opened some presents from Murray & a lovely card - he bought me a beautiful Swarovski bracelet & earrings as well as a necklace and other earrings I had liked for ages - lucky lady! My hairdresser arrived, Maureen Crolla from The Bride to Be, who was amazing in the lead up to and on the big day - such a lovely woman and a great laugh to have around in the morning. My mum and MIL got their hair blow-dried & glam and all my BM's just picked their own hairstyles for the day, I just asked that they all have up-do's. This was a nice, chilled part of the day just watching everyone get ready and having a couple of glasses of bubbly. I was 2nd to last for hair and last up for make-up. My make-up artist was Craig Alexander Wilson, again such an amazing person to have around in the morning he has great banter and is very talented with the brush & wand The wedding co-ordinator kept checking in with me and took my phone to take photos of tables, guest book table, ceremony room for me to see while I was hidden upstairs! The florist arrived in the room with all of the bouquets and wow....I was totally stunned at how gorgeous they were! Really beautiful and much bigger than I had expected. My florist was Kirsties Flowers in Troon. We also had beautiful lilac and purple hydrangeas everywhere as well as gyposphilia garlands around the floor-standing candleabra I had in the ceremony & reception room.
    Butterflies really kicked in when I spotted Murray & the boys walking up to the venue from their cottages in the grounds - then the humanist Linda Britton came up to see me. If there is anyone looking for a humanist then Linda Britton HAS to be best there is....she is such a wonderful, warm, lovely person and I had loads of comments on how well she performed our ceremony. I was running about 10-15 mins late and when makeup was finished I just wanted into my dress QUICK! So that part was a bit of a blur! Next thing I was out the door and down the stairs with my BM's in tow and I could hear the pianist and singer starting the intro to our song....

Name:	L&M-WD-124.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	10383

The Ceremony
    I walked down the aisle to 'The Power of Love' originally by Frankie Goes to Hollywood but we used the Gabrielle Alpin version (think snowmen xmas ad by John Lewis) which was beautifully performed by Claire Semple and Jonas Cedervall I had planned for ages to walk down to a particular part of the song...but you know what? Things don't always go to plan and you don't even notice! My BM's raced down the aisle before me!! My mum walked me down the aisle and she held it together perfectly and did me soooo proud! She looked stunning on the day. The walk down the aisle was a blur...I just remember seeing Murray and being fixated on him and his reaction to how I looked. The ceremony was my favourite part of the day by far...Linda was amazing and our readers were perfect - so well practiced and genuine and funny! There was so much love in the room....it felt electric. Linda does this lovely part where we both hear things we love about each other that we sent seperately to Linda before the day....that was emotional and beautiful. We signed the register while Claire & Jonas performed 'Close to You' by the Carpenters and we walked back up the aisle to 'Love is in the Air' which was great fun. I danced up the aisle cheering

Name:	L&M-WD-291.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	10387

Default The Reception

We left the ceremony and went straight out to catch a dry weather moment outside for a group shot...it didnt quite happen the way we wanted as it was like herding cats getting people outside when there were trays of bubbly doing the rounds! Bless our amazing photographer Craig from McBeth Photography....he tried! We did manage a couple of shots but it started to rain & I wanted to get back inside! Craig is an amazing talent and a very relaxed, chilled out, good guy to have around on your day. If you want to capture the emotion of the day perfectly and have a set of photographs that will forever take you right back to every amazing moment of your day then Craig is your man We also used MacDonald Studios for our wedding DVD, and although I havent seen the outcome of his work yet...Robert was a lovely guy on the day and I never once noticed I was being filmed!! So discrete and professional. i am beyond excited to see how the DVD turns out - based on his samples I know its going to be a cracker.
    We did some photos inside whilst our guests had some canapes and drinks, then we got prepared for the lineup. Despite this taking quite some time, the Lochside managed the queue well and it was nice to speak to people and make sure everyone at least got a 'hi, how are you' from us! Its so difficult to spend any amount of decent chat-time with all your guests!! However, its inevitable so I can't feel bad about it. We cut our lovely cupcake tower with amazing choc-fudge top tier cake from Fiona's Cakes in Troon. I didn't get a cupcake (damn!) but many people commented on how good they were. Fiona works from home and is fantastic value for the quality and bespoke service you get - I asked for a cupcake dessert theme and Fiona specially made sticky toffee, lemon cheesecake, carrot cake, and strawberry & cream cupcakes for me.
    We had speeches before the meal, my Chief BM did the honours for me (my dad passed away a few years back so it was lovely to have a close friend speak for me) and my mum also said a few impromptu words which was amazing. Murray did a wonderful, funny speech but also so emotional. Best Man did a great job despite being very nervous before-hand - you could not tell at all! The meal was fantastic...Lochside really know how to cook amazing food for big crowds - everyone really enjoyed their dinner and the drinks kept flowing. That makes us both happy knowing it was all money well spent!
    Event Decor was Make Believe Events - amazing! The room looked stunning - exceeded my expectations so much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L&M-WD-359.jpg  

The Party
    After dinner, I headed upstairs to get my veil off and pin up the dress for dancing. I also had a lovely sparkly bolero to wear for night-time. My dress was a beautiful Pepe Botella 316 from Christie Couture in Clarkston. After losing my dress in the Bridal Studio fiasco, Lesley at Christie's sorted me right out with a stunning dress and beautiful veil and was just so lovely during the whole experience. They kept calling me 'Snow White' in the dress and made me feel a million dollars.
    Our band for the evening was Kilter and wow....what an act to have! The ceilidh was amazing, the band are so talented and keep the beats banging so the dancing never stopped! We moved onto a disco after the buffet and the Kilter guys really kicked the party off with a number of 'Dance-Off's' starting with Bride & Groom. I won (of course) but I did have to do 'The Worm' breakdancing on the floor in my dress haha! I think that was a 1st for many of my guests to witness!!
    The party went on til 1am with plenty of dancing, drinking, laughter, more dance-offs and a few casualties at the end of the night. We headed up to our beautiful suite around 1:30AM but I know some people who propped up the bar til the sun came up!!

After a lovely breakfast with our guests, we headed home to pick up our suitcases and head off to Thailand on honeymoon.

It really was the most amazing day of our lives....I have so many happy memories to keep me going forever. Enjoy your big day when it comes xxx

Name:	L&M-WD-371.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	10389

Super Senior Platinum Member

Congratulations you look stunning x x

Super Senior Member

congratulations. what a lovely report! you look beautiful xx

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

Amazing report, thank you so much for sharing it with us. You looked beautiful xx

Thank you for the lovely comments! Xx

Super Senior Member

Congratulations, you look beautiful! Xx
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Senior Member Mrs_G to be's Avatar

fabulous report and you look gorgeous - love your flowers and dress - Lesley from Christie Couture goes to my zumba class and she is lovely - she has gorgeous dresses in her shop. So glad your day went well.

Getting married on 23/06/12

Love your report! Congratulations, you look beautiful and sounds like you had a fantastic day!

Fantastic Report and you look absolutely beautiful! congratulations! I love reading all the details of people weddings! Make me so excited about mine (I am using Make Believe Event too for my venue dressing) :-)

oh wow! you looked beautiful! love reading your report thanks for keeping the tradition going for all us still counting down x

Platinum Member

Love it!! I loved the Lochside too but mum said it was too far away you've made me even more excited for our big day tomorrow! You're a beautiful bride!! Xx

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Congratulations! You look lovely! xx
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Platinum Member

Congratulations, you looked absolutely beautiful - so glad you had such an amazing day xx

Created by Wedding Favors

Quote Originally Posted by siobhan_flute View Post
    Love it!! I loved the Lochside too but mum said it was too far away you've made me even more excited for our big day tomorrow! You're a beautiful bride!! Xx
    Have a fantastic wedding day!

Your report got me a bit emotional. Sound like a fab day and you looked stunning. I wish you a lovely marriage.

I am also getting married at lochside and like yourself couldn't click with a venue until lochside. Was great hearing about all the small things the venue has done to make your day so special . Makes me more excited for my day. Xxx

Sounds like a great day Conggratulations, you looked beautiful! xx

Congratulations, beautiful dress! Glad Lesley could help you she is a friend of ours and was at our wedding a few weeks ago! You photos and report are great! Did you enjoy sala? We're just back! We miss sala soooooo much it was amazing!

Your day sounds amazing!! Hope you've had a fab honeymoon too! Your pictures are stunning which is good as we've booked Craig too

Quote Originally Posted by mrsw-inwaiting View Post
    Congratulations, beautiful dress! Glad Lesley could help you she is a friend of ours and was at our wedding a few weeks ago! You photos and report are great! Did you enjoy sala? We're just back! We miss sala soooooo much it was amazing!
    Sala was just gorgeous!!! We loved it :-) wish I was back there now....bliss :-) xx

Super Senior Member

Lynsey I've just seen this. Loved reading it. Ur day sounded perfect. U looked stunning just how I thought and I'm really chuffed for u. Maybe bump into I some time. x

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Aww congrats, you looked gorgeous! And can I just say, I don't think I have ever seen any flowers as stunning as yours! Wow!! Hope you're enjoying married life xx