Thread: 'Asking for Cash' etiquette

Default 'Asking for Cash' etiquette

Hi girls!
    I'm trying to complete our invitations..... We would love to aks for money towards our honeymoon instead of a gift list. I know not everyone agrees with this! Has anyone seen any cute but not too cheesy rhymes that could be included?
    Thanks in advance!
    N

Hey! You can do a honeymoon fund website - not sue of where, someone else might be able to help. Rather than putting a wee poem, etc you just put the website and they can give money there. I'm sure I read somewhere that was done through PayPal too so not as much risk. Sorry I don't know the website I'm thinking of, a quick Google will help
    Julie

irnbru

We have friends who are using trailfinders giftlist as a way to contribute towards their honeymoon, and they put in the little cards like they would have if they have a gift list. I think Virgin honeymoons also do a gift list thing - guests can add a champagne breakfast for you, or a dinner etc. Personally, I prefer the latter idea, feeling like I would be still getting a gift rather than a cash contribution... maybe the company you've booked through will offer a similar idea? Other than that, I have no clue... I'm not this far along yet! x

Super Senior Member

We're going to use the Honeyfund. The site allows guests to put money towards your honeymoon based on specific things you've listed, eg. Champers, butler service etcetc. We're also going to put something along the lines of 'house & home' so people have a choice where there money goes.

Either way anything listed that people put money towards just comes straight to you anyway. I just think some people are more comfortable doing it this way, than straight out cash in cards. But, some are also fine with that.

Hope that helps
    Xx

Platinum Member

We used the site 'buy our honeymoon' and you can set up a website so they can buy experiences on your honeymoon. They can pay by Paypal or straight into your bank now with a one off direct debit. My friend used this too and it is so easy to set up and use. We just mentioned it on our wedding website that we created.

we created a wedding website, and the Gift section of the site has bank account details but also links to a Paypal account.
    I felt nervous using a company, in case they went out of business!
    I think it's perfectly acceptable to have a cash gift list, we already have everything in the house we need!

Platinum Member

I like the idea of 'buying your honeymoon' as your guests still feel like they are giving you a gift instead of just cash. I would be mortified if anyone included their bank details on an invite or wedding website! It's one thing saying you have everything you need (perfectly understandable and acceptable I think) but the bank transfer idea is a bit cringe IMO xx