Thread: Need Advice

Default Need Advice

I was wondering who out of your bridal party you were paying for hair and make up to be done. I have to be honest I didn't realise how expensive it was. I have myself and three bridesmaids and to keep costs down I was only going to get my make up done and just pay for the girls hair to be done. However I was at a wedding fair today and one of the ladies at the make up stall said that it would look bad on the photos if the bridesmaids didn't have there make Up done, I am not entirely sure this is true as I know that all the girls will do there make Up lovely. Just wondering what your plans in regards to hair & make up are for bridal party. x

Hi I've been a bridesmaid 6 times and always paid for my own hair - never had my make up done so can't comment on that

I've been a bridesmaid 3 times and paid for my hair once and did my own make up once. 2 bides paid for my hair and make up. For my own wedding I paid for the hair and make up for my 2 bridesmaids and my mum. Our hair cost 48 (yes for 4 wash and blow drys) and the make up was 140 including my trial with MUA coming 16 miles to my house. She did a brilliant job.

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

We are paying for the bridesmaids and the mums. I've never had to pay for anything when I've been a bridesmaid x

I will be having 3 bridesmaids at our wedding and all are getting our make up done for us. The girls have said they will pay for their own but I know I won't let them on the day! Xx

Super Senior Member

I'm having 3 bridesmaids and ii'll be paying for hair and make up, I think it's nice treat! X
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm only havin 2 bm's so i'm paying for hair and make up and possibly my mums not decided xx

Super Senior Member

I've been bridesmaid 3 times and each time my hair and make up was paid for by the bride. I'd do the same xxx

I think the whole "it'll spoil the photos if people aren't professionally done" thing is just something people say to get business. I've been to loads of weddings where brides and bridesmaids did their own make-up and they all looked stunning in the photos. It's one of those things that it's a nice treat if you want to get it done, but it's not essential.

Thank you ladies this was really helpful I think I will stick to my original plan. I'll just need to shop around morex