Thread: Photos in Princes Street Gardens

Default Photos in Princes Street Gardens

Hello everyone,

During my planning I assumed that as Princes St Gardens is a very short walk from our venue, that a bunch of us could pop over on the day for photographs, especially as I've seen that other couples who got married at our venue have had photos taken there.

I then heard something about being charged for this by the council! I just assumed this would be free as I've certainly taken a few snaps there before when wandering through.

Has anyone had any wedding photos done here and know if it's free to do?

Thank you!
    Sunday 7th September 2014

Super Senior Member AnotherMrsBrown's Avatar

My sister got her pictures in the gardens and you do have to pay the council to use them for pictures - cant remember how much it was though, she got married two years ago. They have people there and if you dont have a permit they will ask you to leave I think.
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker

Thank you AnotherMrsBrown! I will get on to the council and find out details. Thank god I checked, I was totally assuming I could just turn up and have some photos done!

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

I would have assumed that too! lol It's funny how if you're a member of public or a tourist you can snap away to your hearts content but for wedding photos you need to pay? x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Apparently it's about 100 :O Wonder if me, H2B and photographer nip in for a few brief couple pics we can get away with it - if not I better wear wedding shoes I can run in