Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just married! Best day of my life! THE REPORT!

I am so sorry for taking so long updating the report. So far I have written about hair, makeup, cars and flowers. So I guess I better start with my dress which was made my Phil Collins Bridal and the veil by Richard Designs. I loved the veil with all the little crystals. I opted to have an underskirt too and glad I did as the dress was easier to walk in as it kept the fabric away from my feet. It also gave the dress a nicer shape. The dress was originally a corset back, however, I had always wanted buttons since I was a little girl and had it altered. My advice is if you are planning on having this done ensure they fit a zip and buttons as unfortunately my BMs had to sew my dress closed. I was lucky, however, that we had a sewing kit and could do this. My BM had suggested making a wee basket filled with essentials such as hair pins, deodorant, eye lash glue AND needles and thread. Thank goodness! I guess a wee tip I have is to bend over and crouch down in your dress in the shop. Long story short I was happy with the dress, but not the shop or alterations. To be honest I didn’t let it ruin my day and I still love my gown. The tiara I bought from Ivory and Co. I went to a wedding fair with my mum especially to try on their accessories. I found Ivory and Co so helpful and their customer care even after I bought the tiara was first class. The BMs dresses are Infinity by Phil Collins as are the flower girls. I had originally chose a one shouldered design and after seeing their new collection for this year changed my mind and ordered the halter neck version. I loved their dresses and found the fabric flattering. The BMs were fantastic and offered to wear anything I wanted in any colour I wanted. We all agreed on the colour and they were so kind to let me change the style without seeing it in the shop first.

David’s kilt was from a kilt shop in Falkirk area, they were helpful and friendly. My mum won one free kilt hire a year before the wedding so that was really helpful as we all know how expensive weddings are. We loved the tartan and it had thread through it that matched the BM’s dresses. A wee tip is to check and double check the kilt order as a few things needed to be exchanged. In fact try it all on to check it fits. Sounds obvious but reduces the stress on the day as my SIL lost the whole day getting things changed for us.

When we arrived at the venue, which was the Glenbervie House, I was blown away by how attentive the staff were. The food was soooooo good. I really can’t parise the venue enough. From the day we booked they have bent over backwards to help make our day perfect. I can’t recommend the venue enough. What is worth noting is that they only allow confetti on the grass – worth mentioning to your photographer if that is something you are planning to do there. I will continue the report as soon as possible and hopefully have it finished soon!
    Last edited by bonniechica; 08-09-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Thought I would pop squeeze in a wee post about music from the wedding day. Korda String Quartet played at the ceremony. They had to learn a lot of music for a nearly all musical Catholic mass. They were amazing. A lady I work with sings at weddings. Her name is Eileen Rendell and she was outstanding. Grown men cried when she say Ave Maria and Panis Angelicous. The ceremony was so special. I also found alternative wedding words to the hymn Morning Has Broken. The psalm was a special one for weddings too. I can look out the lyrics and music links if anyone wants them. Similarly with the order of service, if you would like to see it to help plan our your ceremony PM me your email address. As we left korda played the music to 'That's Amore' which reminds us of when were got engaged, and the guests started to sing it to us. It was lovely! I loved the ceremony and Korda and Eileen made it magical. I strongly recommend both and if you want Eileen’s contact details PM me.

At the venue we were very lucky that Ernest had our date available. We booked them 2 Ĺ years before the wedding and the floor was filled all night. They were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!! I cant recommend them enough! Young and old danced the night away.

We have just received our photos from Craig and Eva Sanders this weekend and I am soooooo pleased with them. They were great to be around all day. Eva made me feel great and Craig was always good fun. They always got back to us quickly with any enquiries. I think the photos are works of art and I canít recommend them enough. They spend a lot of time capturing every detail and I think they captured they whole day beautifully. Take a peak at the official pictures here (I hope the link works!).

http://www.craigsandersphotography.c...erinslideshow/
    Last edited by bonniechica; 03-09-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sheerin (491).jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	9998 One of Craig and Eva's photos.

Super Senior Platinum Member

Stunning pictures x x

You look stunning and your photos too that because you were. x FAB!

Platinum Member

Your photos are amazing and loved all the details, especially your love letters. Awesome x

Absolutely loving this report the details are fab and ur pics are stunnin xx

Lovely photos although I must admit I have already seen some of them as I know mark so seen them on his facebook What a small world xx

oh wow! beautiful! I sooooo wish I had realised you were getting married in Coatbridge, I work just round corner from that church and I could have popped down to see you! love your flower colours!

What a great report. You look gorgeous.

So I think I have covered almost every supplier. We did a few DIY things, but not much to be honest. I used Vistaprint for the invitations and blinged them using pre-glued swarovski crystals. I also decorated two trees with fairylights, roses, pearls etc for room decor. A friend of our took all the reception room decorations including a few outdoor toys for the kids. I made a children's wedding workbook with colouring in and crosswords and word searches - they were pretty cool. All personalised to us and our day. The table names had wee stories on the back explaining why we chose that table name - a lot of guests said they really liked that. Our seating plan was a giant photo frame. In between the table lists we had little pictures of us which was cute. I blinged my mums hat - I LOVE her hat. Super cool with all the Swarovski crystals! I am half Spanish and we had little personalised fans as favours. I ordered the fans, tassels and stamp separately and sat for a few hours with my MOH decorating them and storing them into a scented box. They went down a treat as our wedding day was roasting!

On our wedding day I discovered where we were going on honeymoon. David had organised for us to go to Italy and kept it a secret. We went to Riva del Garda, Verona and Venice. It was wonderful I loved everything about it. He did an AMAZING job! We had the time of our lives. I can not recommend it enough. We also spent a couple of days in Manchester and York on the way down and back as we flew out from there.

I guess my report has focused more on supplier reviews rather than telling you in detail about the day. What can I say? We had a wonderful day. I loved being a bride. I was chilled out and relaxed all day, even with a few hiccups. I made a decision before the day that I was going to enjoy myself no matter what, and that is what I did! I really enjoyed walking down the aisle. We walked so slowly and that was great as I could smile at as many people as possible. I loved seeing my husband’s face the first time he saw me. I loved being able to smile at him from across the alter. We had a catholic ceremony but spent a huge amount of time personalising it. I would say our day was fairly traditional but it was everything we wanted and we loved it. We danced all night and had so much fun.

I hope that you can all have wonderful wedding days too. I hope that it is magical. I hope it is filled with joy. I hope that it is filled with love. I hope it is filled with laughter. I hope it is filled with dancing. I hope that you get those few quite moments to appreciate just how special a day it is. I hope that your wedding day is everything that you dream of, ours was. Thank you for letting me share it with you.

Wedding report - finished!

Almost finished - thought you might like to see the wedding highlights video:

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

Wow that video is amazing! Your day looked fabulous xx

Your video is beautiful. What a great day you had! Xx

Everything was justb stunning I love your wedding video! Wish you every happiness and thank you for sharing it all with us!
    xx

Super Senior Platinum Member

What a great video x x

Thanks girls! We are waiting for the full length DVD to arrive next week - so excited!

Quote Originally Posted by bonniechica View Post
    Thought I would pop squeeze in a wee post about music from the wedding day. Korda String Quartet played at the ceremony. They had to learn a lot of music for a nearly all musical Catholic mass. They were amazing. A lady I work with sings at weddings. Her name is Eileen Rendell and she was outstanding. Grown men cried when she say Ave Maria and Panis Angelicous. The ceremony was so special. I also found alternative wedding words to the hymn Morning Has Broken. The psalm was a special one for weddings too. I can look out the lyrics and music links if anyone wants them. Similarly with the order of service, if you would like to see it to help plan our your ceremony PM me your email address. As we left korda played the music to 'That's Amore' which reminds us of when were got engaged, and the guests started to sing it to us. It was lovely! I loved the ceremony and Korda and Eileen made it magical. I strongly recommend both and if you want Eileen’s contact details PM me.

At the venue we were very lucky that Ernest had our date available. We booked them 2 Ĺ years before the wedding and the floor was filled all night. They were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!! I cant recommend them enough! Young and old danced the night away.
    I've sent u a private mail x

Hi ya, I replied to your PMs.

We got the DVD a while ago. Cinemate were above average in price but the DVD was worth every penny. We are delighted. The album from Craig and Eva was amazing once it was printed. Xx
    Last edited by bonniechica; 22-02-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Lovely report & pics what a beautiful wedding. Hope you don't mind me asking but your earrings are absolutely stunning, can you let me know where you got them? Xx

Thanks for the compliment about the wedding. I am glad you like them-they are Selma earrings (large) from Swarovski. Not sure if they still have them. A similar style is the Meghan earrings.