Thread: NWR - What a wonderful day!

Default NWR - What a wonderful day!

Just felt the need to post after the last couple of days I have had.

Some background info - My mum had breast cancer three years ago, went through treatment and came out the other end, all succesful. I guess you could say she has been cancer free for 2 years. All good.

In the last week she had what appeared to be an infection in her breast, and went to her doctor to get checked out, he sent her off to hospital straight away, the hospital told her to come back the following day for a scan. This to me was very very worrying.. Dr Google certainly didn't help!

Those 24 hours were the longest of my life. She didn't appear too worried and seemed positive but I couldn't help but think that it was the worst case scenario. Didn't sleep or eat. In my head I had me moving back to the UK, bringing the wedding forward etc etc...

Well I am delighted to say that she had her scan and it was absolutely nothing to worry about..... just a wee infection after all and was given antibiotics.. the doctor gave her two thumbs up and said that this was the best news they could have hoped for..!

What a wave of relief I (and she!) felt..!!! Today now feels like a gift. I was so worried that the scan would give the news that would turn all of our lives upside down when in fact it was the complete opposite! All the worrying seems crazy now! I guess everyone was just being so cautious due to her history.

So I guess the point of my post is to try and not sweat the small stuff.. in the grand scheme of things none of it really matters, it is only the health and well being of yourself and your loved ones that matters..!

- Feeling happy

gsp

That's great news, Mhairi, I'm glad it was just an infection. That sounds so wrong, but you know what I mean!! So glad you're feeling happier. :-)

Jen x

Fab news Mhairi! I'm so glad everything turned out ok! Fab news to come into work and read this morning!

X

Super Senior Member FutureMrsMilligan's Avatar

you are totally right Mhairi - sometimes we all need to stand back and get a bit of perspective, it would def stop us stressing about the little insignificant things. So happy you & your family have something to smile about today xx

Platinum Member

So glad to hear it was good news about your mum My mum had breast cancer a couple of years ago too and it is so worrying when things happen like this so a huge relief for you. My dad also had a prostate cancer scare a couple of months ago - awful as my uncle died of that a couple of years ago and my dad's sister passed away just a few months before so everything was very raw. Without the moving back to the UK issue which is huge too, I know exactly how you feel about how it affects everything, and really puts everything into perspective! You'll have a spring in your step today xx

Lovely positive outcome glad your mum is healthy xx

Excellent news! and a very pertinent reminder not to sweat the small stuff - something I need to remember more often. Happy for you that it's all good news.

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

Great news! Things like that really do put everything into perspective.

Ps - Dr Google is the worst to consult for something like that....made that mistake a few times myself x

Thanks everyone ! x