Thread: Skincare regime for wedding? Dermologica?

Default Skincare regime for wedding? Dermologica?

Hi all!

I'm looking to start a new skin regime for my wedding. I've tried Clinique but I think it's a little to harsh for my skin. Anyone tried dermologica? Is the skin mapping worth it? Or any other good regimes?

Thanks!!

I'm on Liz Earl and liking it so far - only been a few weeks. Definitely takes make up off a lot easier and less harsh than Clinique or dermalogica. X

I've used Clinique in the past & also found it too harsh for my skin.

I had the skin mapping as part of a dermalogica facial a few months ago. I just saw it as part of the facial but don't know if it's worth it on it's own right. I was given a list of nearly 10 different products I should be using - kerching!! Very expensive if I'd bought them all. The thing with Dermalogica is that their products can all be layered one upon the other which is great but it means buying several products.

I much prefer a more natural skin care routine & having been using Dr Hauschka for years. Love it!

Have you tried Elemis?

I started using it a wee while back & I feel a huge difference. My skin feels much cleaner & smoother. It looks much brighter & my make up goes on easier too.

Senior Member mrs forsyth to bee's Avatar

I love liz Earle ! I hated Clinique it was way to harsh for my skin I did use dermologica when I was a teenager and it was good at the time but l would never change from liz Earle now ! Xx

Super Senior Member

I really like Dermalogica but I don't think you need the whole range of products or the skin mapping necessarily. Ive had it done and enjoyed it for information and just for the facila but I didn't want to buy all the products. I liked the Intensive Active Moist and one of the cleansers. You can buy skin kits if you want to try some stuff but not spend a fortune. I used to buy mine on jerseybeautycompany I never founf anywhere cheaper.

My opinion is that Clinique is terrible for your skin, but everyone is different some people love it!

Bobbi Brown do a gorgeous serum.

Platinum Member

I had a massive reaction to Clinique toner a number of years ago and it burnt my skin, I ended up on steroids to sort it out. Amazing how some things can work so well for some and so badly for others!! (And I do know LOTS of people who use Clinique so am not saying it's bad, just bad for me)

I used Liz Earle for a while last year and it worked really well for a couple of months then seemed to stop working. I actually changed over to Lush then as I wanted to stay with something natural and my skin has been fantastic since. They spent ages with me (in spite the store being crazy busy), listened to me when I said I wanted a face wash for morning and cleanser for evening. Everything came to less than 50 and lasted ages, now I wouldn't be without their Angels on Bare Faces face wash for anyone. The only thing is only 1 of their moisturisers has an SPF and that is quite expensive so something to bear in mind if you don't wear makeup every day... it's something to do with SPF being considered a medical product so needing to go through animal testing or some such!

Created by Wedding Favors

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

I just started using Clarins skin care products and I LOVE them! It was a wee kit I got free when I bought my Clarins make up (also amazing) and I'm definitely going to go back to get the full sized products! xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

I absoutely love the dermalogica cleansers, and their spot clearing gel is amazing. I'm not overly amazed with their scrubs or cleansers. Used to love pre-cleanse, but since oils have became fashionable lots of other brands do them just as well and cheaper.

I'm a fan of Clarins! Got the foaming cleanser, the toner and moisturiser for christmas for oily/combination skin and it has been great and I have noticed a bit of an improvement in my skin and all products are very light and gentle on my skin!! They last ages too!! May be worth a try!! xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon1 View Post
    I'm on Liz Earl and liking it so far - only been a few weeks. Definitely takes make up off a lot easier and less harsh than Clinique or dermalogica. X
    Cleanse and Polish is awesome, if you want a cheap dupe Asda do a range. It comes in a box with the muslin cloth and the ingredients are practically IDENTICAL, I'm definitely converted! It's always on offer for 2 for 8.

I think the range is Nspa.

Thanks so much all!going to give Liz Earle a go, and book in for a facial for a little extra pampering! x

I have always used clinique and it has been fine for me. Maybe you could go to a local boots and ask one of the beauticians for recommendations? Good luck!

Senior Platinum Member

/i have been using the 3 step type one from Clinique for a good few months now along with their foundation for dry skin I have really noticed a difference! I ran out of the foundation the other day and haven't had a chance to go by more so have been using old stuff and my face has all broke out! I'm so annoyed lol need to get to boots after bootcamp tonight! My auntie has bad eczema and she swears by dermologica! xxx

I'm looking for some kind of skincare regime now my wedding is 7 months away! Has anyone tried No7 or Bodyshop?

Quote Originally Posted by Djd View Post
    I'm looking for some kind of skincare regime now my wedding is 7 months away! Has anyone tried No7 or Bodyshop?
    I used some of the No7 products previously & found they made my skin quite oily. I was using Elemis but i'm now trying Gatineau & I love it. I got a set with a massive cleanser, exfoliator & eye cleanser from QVC. I'm using the new L'oreal skin perfection moisturiser & highly recommend that!

Quote Originally Posted by Djd View Post
    I have the body shops vitamin e cleanser toner and moisturiser! I think it's slightly too perfumed for my skin! I get really blotchy after using it!

I'm soooo stuck for what to get for my skin are regime! Only 7 months! Need to get my finger out!!
    Laura and Paul, Glenskirlie Castle, 19/04/14

I have oily skin so ended up getting Bodyshop Seaweed Cleanser, Toner and Moisturiser! Also got Boots Perfect and Perfect Serum and a Body Shop Tea Tree mask for once a week and Vitamin E Micro Dermabrasion Scrub for a couple of times of month! The girl in Body Shop was amazing! Told her what my skin was like and she recommended the products! Been a few days and my skin looks better already!