Thread: Dress nightmare

Default Dress nightmare

Just looking to vent a bit. On Saturday my mum and I went to pick up my dress, we paid for it, signed to say we had collected it and took it away. No option was given to try it on, and the only fitting room was being used anyway.

At the last fitting, they were meant to have finished all the work, but had not done the chiffon straps, as they claimed there was not enough material, but there clearly was. I felt a bit aprehensive not trying the dress on, so when my mum and I got back to her hotel, I decided to put it on (about 6pm).

It's not right. The straps are not even in width, and are not fixed on they way they were meant to. THey were supposed to be narrow where they join the dress, widen over the shoulder and narrow again at the back, but they are too wide at the join, and don't narrow right at the back. One strap is too big and just falls off my shoulder. They are certainly not how they were pinned. Worse than that, 2 fittings ago I pointed out that the dress didn't sit right on the right side over the bust. The girl had a feel and said that one of the bones was twisted, so she would go in and fix it for me. I have to say I didn't notice it at the last fitting, but on Saturday it was as bad as ever. I really notice it, and kept pulling at the dress to try and make it sit correctly.

I was so upset, I managed not to cry, my mum was trying to tell me it would look perfect, but I know it's not. In the end, she and my dad have stayed an extra day, and are taking it in to the shop this morning to get them to try and at least fix the bone issue, and my mum will deal with the straps, but I am so worried they will refuse as we signed for it.

I was always worried as my mum didn't get a quote for the alterations, this place was recommended by the dress shop, so she decided it was the only place to go. It is unbelievably expensive, just to convert the back from a zip to a corset cost 180, so I am angry that they charge about twice any other place, but didn;t do the work right.

Fingers crossed I get a call shortly to say it's all fine, but it really took the shine off my day, and a huge amount of added stress.

Senior Platinum Member

Ooh what a nightmare! I hope hope they will take it and fix it properly this time! Let us know how they get on! I'm sure they will sort it out and it will all be perfect for you! xxx

Apparently they are fixing it and I am to go in at 12 to try it on again to make sure.

Thinking more calmly, I do think the boning problem was partly my fault as I didn't notice it at the fitting previously, and they are sorting it, so decent customer service :-)

Fingers crossed you get it sorted today. Then I'm sure you will feel amazing in it