Thread: Feeling a little sad....

Default Feeling a little sad....

I don't really have anyone to get excited about the wedding with. The majority of the planning I have done by myself.

My mum passed away two years ago and I don't have any sisters so I only really have my CBM (who is very excited) but she works most weekends etc so I rarely see her. The other BMs are the same and also don't think they are as excited as me and CBM.

I have days like today, where I'm looking at flowers, and just really wish I had someone to show my ideas and ask what they think etc. just someone to share the excitement and planning with. Instead, I will need to wait til I next see my CBM. I send her pictures etc but she always seems to take days (not exaggerating) to get back to me, and then I feel like a pest.

I think I'm just feeling a little lonely and wish my mum was here to share my excitement. Do any of you feel like this too?

Senior Platinum Member

I have done the majority of planning myself too but I would be completely lost without my mum. Sending big hugs MrsForchtobe! xxx

Thanks! I really wish she was here. It makes me very sad to think she won't be at the wedding and my dad won't be there to walk me down the aisle. None of my "blood" family will be there either.

I feel like it takes me forever to plan anything because I want to run it by my CBM first and she takes forever to reply, then I feel like a pest because by the time she replies I've got something else to show her. I would just go ahead and plan things but worry it may look stupid on the day!

Sending you hugs! I know this probably won't help at all but I have my mum, his mum, my sister, his sister and my cbm and still feel like no-one is excited enough!

When I share ideas with others I never quite get the reaction I was hoping for, in fact it's sometimes really negative feedback so I'm gonna stop sharing so much. I think you need to trust yourself; if you like something then go for, you don't need your cbms approval.

I use this forum to get ideas and feedback as no-one quite understands things like other b2b's!!

Alternatiely pm me your number and we can text each other crazy wedding thoughts n ideas! I promise to reply within a few hours!

I'm really sorry to hear that if you want to bounce any wedding ideas or just have a good old bride chat feel free to send me a message anytime! everyone on here is so lovely, we should have monthly meet ups and be crazy wedding folk together haha! X

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMurrayToBe View Post
    Sending you hugs! I know this probably won't help at all but I have my mum, his mum, my sister, his sister and my cbm and still feel like no-one is excited enough!

When I share ideas with others I never quite get the reaction I was hoping for, in fact it's sometimes really negative feedback so I'm gonna stop sharing so much. I think you need to trust yourself; if you like something then go for, you don't need your cbms approval.

I use this forum to get ideas and feedback as no-one quite understands things like other b2b's!!

Alternatiely pm me your number and we can text each other crazy wedding thoughts n ideas! I promise to reply within a few hours!
    Thank you hun, I may do that! You're down here too aren't you (the borders)?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsForchtobe View Post
    Thank you hun, I may do that! You're down here too aren't you (the borders)?
    Yeah, I am. It sometimes feels like everyone else is in Glasgow n we live in this wee backwards land! Lol!

Super Senior Member

Its strange as my dad passed away 4 years ago and I feel like he would've been more helpful with my planning than my mum is, she just says its too far away but it's only 10 months now! I was such a daddy's girl and I know he would've been helping me source things and coming up with ideas etc!

Im sending you hugs as I know how you feel!! Xx
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, I am. It sometimes feels like everyone else is in Glasgow n we live in this wee backwards land! Lol!
    Lol it totally does!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sofee3 View Post
    Its strange as my dad passed away 4 years ago and I feel like he would've been more helpful with my planning than my mum is, she just says its too far away but it's only 10 months now! I was such a daddy's girl and I know he would've been helping me source things and coming up with ideas etc!

Im sending you hugs as I know how you feel!! Xx
    Thank you hun. So sorry you won't have your dad there either. My dad passed away when I was just 2, nearly 22 years ago. My mum was ill my entire life but I never imagined I would be an orphan at 21.

I dread to think what I'll be like the morning/day of the wedding. I get overwhelmed really easily and am not used to fuss, especially about my parents, so when people do fuss I end up a blubbing mess but I don't want to spend the day crying lol x

Sending you big hugs!!

Is there any way you could include your h2b's mum in the planning? I have found that my h2bs mum is the most excited about it all and always give great advice/feedback on my ideas..! obviously that might be hard if you don't have that kind of relationship with her.. but just an idea!! xxx

Super Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsForchtobe View Post
    Thank you hun. So sorry you won't have your dad there either. My dad passed away when I was just 2, nearly 22 years ago. My mum was ill my entire life but I never imagined I would be an orphan at 21.

I dread to think what I'll be like the morning/day of the wedding. I get overwhelmed really easily and am not used to fuss, especially about my parents, so when people do fuss I end up a blubbing mess but I don't want to spend the day crying lol x
    Im so sorry to hear that about your dad too :-( Well we're all hear to share your ideas with! Xx
    30th May 2014

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mhairi_D View Post
    Sending you big hugs!!

Is there any way you could include your h2b's mum in the planning? I have found that my h2bs mum is the most excited about it all and always give great advice/feedback on my ideas..! obviously that might be hard if you don't have that kind of relationship with her.. but just an idea!! xxx
    She has been involved...they are paying for the venue as they did same with sil2b and she's helping me make the invites etc. she's been to see my dress too. She doesn't seem to talk about the wedding though so I don't want to force it on her.

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

I totally agree! Nothing is as crazy as b2b crazy! LOL And we all know how it feels when someone gives you THAT look that says OMG! you are a wedding crazed imbicile! LOL But we don't care, because we are B2B's and it's our perogative to be that way! So remember you can PM your number to me too and I'll message you back. Please don't ever feel that you are alone...especially in such an exciting time! Also, I agree that it doesn't matter how many people you have round you but who those people are! I know your CBM works and has her own life, but just explani to her how youa re feeling and see if you can get a wee meet with her soon for drinks and wedding chat! You will feel better! xxx
    Friday 1st May 2015

So sorry you won't have your mum and dad there on your big day.Mrs MurrayToBe is right when she says only another B2B understands. I think other brides on the forum always have great suggestions for colour schemes, table decorations and flowers. If you need to share something, I'm sure you'd get a quick reply on here.

Thanks ladies! Good to know I have you lot, so be prepared for lots of posts asking for opinions etc xxx

Completely with you on this, planning a wedding without your parents is hard! I miss my mum and dad all the time but it seems to get me so up and down, one day I'm really upbeat about it all and the next I just can't face any of it. Suppose that's just how it is, hoping the excitement and adrenaline around the actual day pulls us through it and in the meantime at least when we're having our wee down days we know we're not alone! Xx