Thread: Hair

Default Hair

I always thought I would have my hair down on my wedding day but have recently decided to have it up (still dunno the exact style yet).

I thought if mine was up then my bridesmaids would be down and vice versa. However I mentioned this to one bridesmaid and she said she'd look 'everyday'.

Is it wrong to request how their hair is on the day? Or should they make this decision?

I had the same thoughts re. my hair and bridesmaids hair as you in so far as the vice versa idea.

I've been a bridesmaid twice in the last year and each time have worn my hair as the bride dictated. I personally wouldn't have dreamt of questioning it as it was my friend's day, not mine! That said, I've been pretty open to what my bridesmaids have wanted so far. They are my sisters and they're all very different.

So to answer your question - no, it's not wrong for you to have the final say on how their hair is styled, in my opinion! It's definitely not something to fall out over. I don't know about your bridesmaid, but I'm not lucky enough to spend everyday swanning about in a gorgeous dress with my hair and make-up done xx

Super Senior Member

I would like my bridesmaids to be happy with their hairdo. When I've been bridesmaid in the past, I've always had input which I've appreciated so would do the same when it comes to hair trials and the likes x

Thank you Bridezilla, it's good to know I'm not being unreasonable.
    I'm definitely not going to fall out with anyone over it but I think I will request their hair is either fully down or partially down.

You're welcome. I'm sure you could come to some sort of compromise that would suit everyone. It's lovely to get your hair blow dried by a hairdresser to wear down - extra volume, some loose curls or partially down as you mentioned might help to make it feel more special for your bridesmaids. Good excuse to open a bottle of something together and have a look at pinterest!

Thinking about this now I'm not even sure why I posted about it. I'm feeling a bit rubbish at the moment and this wee comment kept playing on my mind. Think this wedding stuff is starting to get to me!

I'll completely ignore the hair thing until closer to the time.

I have told my bridesmaids I want there hair up (although they can have some input on style) When I was a bridesmaid before at my sisters wedding 2 of the other girls got there hair down and curled but by end of day it was flat! Just something to think about x

I agree with the girls above!! I think it is perfectly fine to say if you would like their hair down or up!! I have been a bridesmaid four times now and have never questioned what the bride wanted I would be the first to say what would you like the style to be. For my wedding I am having m cousin and sister it might be tricker to tell them both what to do (they are both very different) but I have a certain look I see the dresses being and I want the hair to match that!!

** Can I also I also have very thin hair where did you get your extensions from??? X

You can get some really lovely styles for having your hair down that wouldn't look 'everyday'..... maybe direct your BM to pinterest to see if there is anything she fancies!