Thread: Bridesmaid issues.

Default Bridesmaid issues.

My h2b has 2 sisters, I asked them both to be bridesmaids along with my own sister & cousin (who's like my big sister, blah blah).
    1 of sil2b has recently turned us down, I've dealt with that in my own head, and that's fine...more or less....you know.
    The youngest of my sil2b lives down in London and although she said initially that she'd stand, both her and mil2b have been ignoring h2b's texts about getting her dress. We're going on Saturday to finally choose and be measured for their dresses. She'll be up in the area in 2 weeks, but although I can add her order on later, they've still not told us officially if she's being bridesmaid, something in me is saying she won't because her big sister has pulled out.
    I understand too that there is a big cost in this for that family as they do live in London.
    H2b phoned his mum again last night and she was supposed to call him back, but didn't. That's the 3rd time this week. I feel so sorry for him, but I'm freaking out as I really need to know by tomorrow.
    I can't phone/ text as I don't have the numbers and anyway, if they're giving him the brush off....ARGH!
    (Thank you for reading this far)

that sounds a bit stressful and not very nice of them to keep ignoring your H2B....i think you may have to get your H2B to call them again and call them out on it (sounds like you might be right and she doesn't want to do it but maybe doesn't want to offend you) and say that if your sil2B doesn't want to do it/ isn't comfortable doing it then that's ok but would of appreciated being told sooner...did you want a big bridal party or would you be happy with your sister and cousin? probably easier to deal with 2 rather than 4. I'm having 4 and suddenly starting to think OMG as you couldn't get a different bunch of girls.lol xxx

No, I'm absolutely fine with the 2 and the junior bridesmaid, flower girl. As you said, that's not the issue, the ignoring and not knowing one way or the other that's getting to me.

its a shame they cant just answer you and your H2B..better to be honest than ignore you both - that just leads to more stress and can totally give you wrong impression of them..hope this gets solved for you. Do you know what dresses/colours you want your maids to wear? x

Thanks, yes we know our colour (purple) and when we went to the shop to get myself measured for my own dress, we saw a few dresses.

Do you get on well enough with her to just ask her outright without causing offence? If so then maybe honestly is the best policy, just say your concerned that you've been having difficulty getting hold of her and think maybe with her sister not being involved she might not be comfortable with it either.

I had to do this with one of my BM's and it turned out she was nervous about being BM because she's a bit heavier than the other three and was worried how she'd look in photos. We had an honest chat about it and I told her I would find another role for her if she didn't want to do it. She decided she did and I think we both felt a lot better rather than her avoiding me and me not knowing why!
    Good luck xxx

She finally told us that she wasn't doing it. Fair enough....