Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Straight Teeth for My Wedding

Default Straight Teeth for My Wedding

Hi Ladies

So I decided to take the plunge & have a CFast brace fitted to my upper teeth to straighten them out in time for my wedding in Sept next year.

This is something that has plagued me for years to the point where I cover my mouth when I smile & hate having my photo taken. Whenever I meet new people I automatically think they're looking at my teeth and thinking dear god girl! )

I don't want to look back at my wedding photos & think how beautiful everything is except my smile!

Yesterday I had my impressions & xrays etc done & should get my brace fitted in the next 2 weeks.

If people are interested I will put an update on this thread now & again with my progress & I can put pictures on too.

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who has had this or a similar treatment.

This is something that plays on my mind too...i always feel my teeth look horrific in pictures! I had a brace when i was younger but it was huge, looked like a giant mouth guard and i refused to wear it at school..i could barely speak with it in so only wore it at nights and it didn't really work...i wanted train tracks lol

Anyway my friend who just got married got that 6 month smile done and her teeth looked great but i don't think i have the budget for it..

defo keep us posted on how it goes.
    xx

Super Senior Member Owl proposal's Avatar

Hey my H2B got c-fast invisible braces fitted about 7 weeks ago now. We're really impressed with the results so far his teeth are already looking much straighter x

I had braces fitted nearly four years ago, along with surgery to realign my jaws to give the best bite possible! Can honestly say it was the best thing I ever did. My treatment came to an end a few months after I got engaged and I'm so happy with the way my teeth look now, I think my teeth ruined my graduation pictures so it'll be nice to have pictures of myself I actually like!

I also had braces when I was younger and had a horrible experience with them and my teeth got absolutely ruined and they have been bad for a few years so I finally plucked up the courage to go to another dentist and have been receiving treatment for over 6months now and now I only have 1 appointment left and what a difference, im not affraid to smile anymore and have loads more confidence now xx

This is something I am really thinking about. I hope it's not rude but could anybody give me a rough idea of price? I don't have a clue xx

Owl Proposal that's great to hear!

Emma1109 I will pm you.

Thanks for the responses so far. It's great to hear other people's experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by emma1109 View Post
    This is something I am really thinking about. I hope it's not rude but could anybody give me a rough idea of price? I don't have a clue xx
    if anyone doesn't mind sharing would be good to get an idea of cost and where you went to get this done as hear so many different stories/prices xxx

I am getting my treatment at Kalyani Dental Lounge in Glasgow. Only having my upper teeth done & it's costing me 1750. I paid a deposit & then took out the finance thru the dentist for 12 months at 0% interest.

I also had a consultation at another dentist in the southside of Glasgow & they quoted me almost 1000 more.

Each dentist is different & the price very much depends on your teeth etc...

My H2B and i both decided to get Cfast braces. We decided this mid April, when our wedding is now only a week ago. Many people said that we were crazy for doing it as there was no guarantee that they would be off in time. We trusted our dentist (who has been great, as have all the staff @ dentristy on the square) and now the Thursday before the wedding, my H2B is getting top and bottom row braces off and i'm getting my top row off (still have the bottom on but that's no big deal). We're so pleased with the progress and it's been no easy feat, both our teeth and smiles looked terrible in pics. It would be the first thing i would look at and would hate my teeth. It's my most expensize purchase after my house and car so that might give an idea of price

If you have the money... do it!

P.S. MrsGtoBe - any questions, fire away as i'm at the end stages now. Tip: stock up on soft food for the first week.

P.S. MrsGtoBe - any questions, fire away as i'm at the end stages now. Tip: stock up on soft food for the first week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm really excited to get it fitted now. Couple of initial questions; how did your mouth feel when you first had them in? And how long did you wait for your braces after you had your impressions done? I've been told about 2 weeks.

Hello! I have metal train tracks - only got them a few months ago but already I can see a huge difference, it's fab I had never heard of C Fast braces before seeing this thread - they look really good, and not as noticeable as metal traintracks...

I'll definitely re-visit this thread to see how you get on x

I had train tracks when I was 14 and had them on for just over 2 years. My teeth were a mess - had to have 4 adult teeth removed and at one point, and I even had tiny elastic bands to connecting my jaws that I had to change everyday to pull down my K9 teeth which had grew in too high. The pain was unbearable some days but I have never looked back. I have super straight teeth now and would recommend to take any opportunity they can if they're unhappy with their teeth. You won't regret it! Best of luck x

Quote Originally Posted by MrsGG2be View Post
    Thanks! I'm really excited to get it fitted now. Couple of initial questions; how did your mouth feel when you first had them in? And how long did you wait for your braces after you had your impressions done? I've been told about 2 weeks.
    The first two weeks were uncomfortable and i'm not going to lie, were downright painful at times. It's more just the unfamiliarity that is the problem. Stock up on dental wax as you will need it for the first few days especially. Your mouth has to adjust to having them there and caused wee cuts and ulcers for the first week. Your teeth will be tender because they aren't used to the pressure and watch you dont hit your toothbrush off them, that hurts! The chewing issue is weird and i couldnt bite into things for the first few weeks at the front, but you adapt and adjust to it. You will definitely be used to it after 2 weeks.

Because we were on such a tight schedule for the wedding, we got our impressions rushed forward so it was only a week to wait but heard it was 2 weeks standard. Enjoy that time to eat anything with colouring, have coffee, red wine, curry, sweet and sour, and bite into an apple! Im still dying to bite into an apple! x

Quote Originally Posted by KK22 View Post
    Im still dying to bite into an apple! x
    I completely identify with this! I haven't munched an apple since I got my braces

Thanks for the tips! I'm an irn bru addict so think i'll drink as much of that as possible for next wee while haha!

Where do you get the dental wax from?

The orthodontist should give you some but you get it in Boots. I'd also recommend getting a Waterpik, it's amazing how much food gets stuck in braces and this'll get it all out! Makes a right mess of the sink but it's quite satisfying getting everything out lol.

I ordered some online as me and my H2B both got braces at the same time so it was worth buying in bulk, was really quite cheap though. Www.dentalshop.co.uk

Loads of different stuff on there. My H2B is an irn bru addict and has managed to still drink it but with a straw so that it avoids the back of the teeth.

Hi ladies, I've got the CFast on at the moment too, top only and nearing the end of my treatment now but very glad I went ahead with it

Quote Originally Posted by Angela2014 View Post
    Hi ladies, I've got the CFast on at the moment too, top only and nearing the end of my treatment now but very glad I went ahead with it
    How long has it taken? Bet you're excited!!

I'm on week 13 now, didn't need the final wire put on so just one or two final wee adjustments. Back in a week and a half for review then might get final appointment to have it taken off! If anyone's got any questions or concerns I'd be happy to help as i really struggled to find any info or reassurance online at the beginning! X

Quote Originally Posted by Angela2014 View Post
    I'm on week 13 now, didn't need the final wire put on so just one or two final wee adjustments. Back in a week and a half for review then might get final appointment to have it taken off! If anyone's got any questions or concerns I'd be happy to help as i really struggled to find any info or reassurance online at the beginning! X
    I'm just waiting for the call to say I can go in & get mine fitted. Just worried that my mouth will look big when I get them in & they'll be noticeable.

How did you find it pain wise?

Hey, getting it on was relatively quick and simple, only took about 20 minutes. Wasn't particularly sore, just a bit of pressure but not painful. Wasntt sure what to expect and for the first couple of weeks it felt really weird, I felt like it was sticking out and really noticeable but in truth it wasn't at all! When I looked in the mirror with my mouth open normally or smiling it looked totally fine but it didn't 'feel' that way if that makes sense?! Took a while to get used to but if you feel the same believe me it DOES get better
    I wouldn't go as far to say it was really sore at any point, uncomfortable yes and after each dentist trip my teeth feel a bit aches and tender but not really pain that lingers, never had to take painkillers for example.
    One thing to check after you've had it on is that you can floss, it's awkward but I really struggled to start but there was some glue residue and that was the reason so was glad I got that checked.
    I also lost an end bracket (one of the silver ones) after the first 2 weeks, just came away when brushing but luckily the dentist checked and I didn't need it put back on, it can happen though but don't panic, I did and there was no need.
    Avoid curry sauce and any kind of ice cream sauce, they both stained mine. On the other hand, sweet and sour, soy, coffee, cola have all been ok for me?!
    Sorry, epic post but I could go on for hours xx

No, I really appreciate it! It's good to hear other people's experiences. Gives an idea of what to expect!!

Thank you!

Good luck and keep us posted! Anything else you think of and want to ask feel free to send me a wee message x