Thread: 4weeks to go and need help!!

Default 4weeks to go and need help!!

Hi ladies with only 4 weeks to go I've had my hair and make up trial and I'm just not happy with the way it turned out ***128532;really don't want to hurt the girls feelings but I just didn't connect with her and wasn't overly impressed with the job she done. Feel like bridezilla now but I just expected it to be more WOW! I'm so stressed by this now I need to find another hairdresser and makeup artist, can anybody recommend people that they know of in the Edinburgh area for hair and for makeup? X

How about Emma Wallace? Her up do's look really nice, she used to be in Charlie Miller, now based in Corstophine, she's emma wallace hair on facebook.

Platinum Member

You're totally right to get someone else, and try not to feel bad about it. I did the same thing (although admittedly I had a bit longer!) and I felt really bad, but it is your wedding day, not just a night out, so it's the one time you have to make sure it's perfect and you feel amazing. Sorry that I can't recommend anyone in Edinburgh, but hope you get sorted and feel better about it xx

You definately should go and try someone else! This is not about the girl's that has done it feelings but about one of your most important days and your feelings. So go on and check someone who will create the look you want!
    Unfortunately I can't point out anyone, my wedding is not until 2015 so have not looked into it. But read some reviews and hints and I am sure you will find someone good, good luck

Super Senior Member

Defo get someone else.
    I'm hoping to be a chilled out bride but I've always said the ONE thing that will make me a bridezilla is if I'm not happy with my hair and makeup!! Plus you want to have a relaxed fun morning and if you didn't connect with her then dont feel bad getting someone else. Sorry I cant help with name for Edin but good luck!

Hey, I've PM'd you with a recommendation. Hope you get booked up soon x

Super Senior Member

Hiya I agree with the other ladies - you need to be 100% satisfied with your hair and make up and if you're just not feeling it you need to try someone else. Good luck x

Thanks folks, im actually cracking up! I've found someone for my hair, ive had my trial and im happy but disaster I had my second makeup trial and it was worse than the first! Aghhhhhh im thinking of buying myself some good makeup and doing it myself, I can't afford more trials, im not a hard to please person too but this has been a disaster :-( could cry!

Hi Betty,As a mua myself I am upset for you.You should not leave a trial without being happy with your makeup.What look are you going for? I can perhaps advise you on some quality products as I work freelance my kit contains products that I believe to be the best.If you want to email me on k-bowen@hotmail.co.uk I can advise you if you wish.