Thread: Appointment booked - will this be "the one?"

Default Appointment booked - will this be "the one?"

So after coming across a Ronald Joyce advert in the SWD, it prompted me to take a nosey on their website which is where I saw the most stunning wedding dress (Ronald Joyce 67030). After a bit of Googling, I finally managed to track down a stockist, so will be going to Anne & Bobbie's this Monday to finally try it on - excited is an understatement!

The only thing is, is it might look completely different in real life, or not suit me. Has anyone else seen a dress online/in a magazine and it hasn't been what they expected? I have looked around a few other bridal stores (Kudos, Bows & Bells and Elite Bridal) but I nothing is jumping out at me, cos all I can think about is the Ronald Joyce one. I need to get it out my system and try it on once and for all. I'll be gutted if it isn't as nice as I'd hoped.

Not saw this dress before but just had to say it's beautiful. Xx

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

That dress is gorgeous, mine is a Ronald Joyce too!!

I was the same, seen the dress on the Mystique's facebook page and couldn't stop thinking about it. I made an appointment and tried a few on when I was there but the Ronald Joyce was the 1 I was looking forward to the most & I wasn't disappointed! It looked better on than in the pic (as its a rosey pink colour in the pic & I got the ivory 1). Bet it will be gorgeous on! xx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Stunning dress, I had seen a dress in a magazine and when I tried it on it looked awful but I don't let it put me off and tried lots of different dresses until I found my dress x

I was the same. Went dress shopping for the first time last week and wanted a tea length dress since the moment I started looking (Justin Alexander 8465). Tried one on and it didn't suit at all, was so disappointed. But I found a dress that I loved even more and was the exact opposite of that one! So, even if you don't like it on don't be disheartened, you'll find something even more stunning! Good luck!

Gorgeous dress : ) try and not pin ur hopes all on the one dress until you have tried it on. I have tried some dresses on that I really like but they haven't been as nice a shape for me as other styles (or not so nice on hangar, but lovely when on). You'll know when u try it on how it makes u feel. Have fun! X

That is a beautiful dress! I'm in love with a Ronald a joyce dress too, number 17719. Found a stockist and going to try it on in a few weeks but I'm worried I won't like it too. However, at the end of the day il be surrounded by loads of other beautiful dresses and at least I tried it on. You might be a little disappointed at first, but I'm sure when you try on a dress you do feel amazing in you'll forget all about it! Let us know how you get on

Super Senior Member laurenmillertobe's Avatar

As soon as I got engaged, my dream dress was adeline by maggie sottero...it was not made to flatter my shape haha.
    I tried on a Ronald Joyce dress similar to this (but not as nice as your one!!) I tried it on in bows and bells and loved it! The lady took a photo but once I saw it I was heartbroken, my hips looked sooo massive in it!! But just try a few on, you'll get a few good ideas of what you like/don't like and what suits your shape! That's what I did and the more dresses you try on, the more excited you'll get and fun it will be! X

Quote Originally Posted by Kirst_29 View Post
    That is a beautiful dress! I'm in love with a Ronald a joyce dress too, number 17719. Found a stockist and going to try it on in a few weeks but I'm worried I won't like it too. However, at the end of the day il be surrounded by loads of other beautiful dresses and at least I tried it on. You might be a little disappointed at first, but I'm sure when you try on a dress you do feel amazing in you'll forget all about it! Let us know how you get on
    I tried that dress on it is gorgeous!

What a lovely dress I'm sure you will look amazing in it. I was at Anne and Bobbie's last weekend and had a great experience! I'm going back in 3 weeks with my mum to purchase my dress Maggie Sottero - Tia. Even if you don't like this dress in real life there are so many other beautiful dresses I am sure you will find something! Good luck xxx

absolutely stunning dress, dont get too pressured if it doesnt look exactly what you want - look around for a while its a big decision so take your time! x

Thank you ladies! I do love it, but definitely trying not to pin all my hopes on this one dress. I can't deny though that I'd be gutted if it doesn't suit me. I just feel like its exactly what I want - not too puffy (it looks puffy in one of the photos, but I think its just the position the models sitting in), lovely detail up the back, no lace, no corsages or floweryness and some sparkle. I also like how it isn't strapless, so its likely to be relatively more comfy that a traditional strapless dress that I'm pulling up throughout the course of the day. Looking forward to a visit to Anne & Bobbie's - read nothing but really positive experiences x

Quote Originally Posted by Kirst_29 View Post
    Wow! Just Googled this - GORGEOUS!

Today was the day I had my appointment at Anne & Bobbie's to try on the particular dress I'd seen online. Well, what can I say? The dress looked totally different in real life - it has lots of floral embroidery on it which couldn't be seen from the photo. I did pick out 2 other dresses to try on also, and the original one was my least favourite out of the three. I actually didn't like it at all! At the moment however, I am absolutely head over heels with the very first dress I tried on today. I felt amazing in it and loved absolutely everything about it - there was definitely a few teary moments between me and my mum! Still a Ronald Joyce dress but quite different from the first one I had in mind x

Wow! What's your new favourite? I love the ronald joyce dresses. X

Argh, how exciting! Glad you have found a dress you love!

I can't remember the number of the one I love at the moment, but I'll continue to try on a few different styles just so I can be sure its "the one". Its very simple and classic, a lovely thick satin material, strapless with a straight neckline and a crystal encrusted band around the waist. It was just amazing on! x

Brilliant! So how do you feel about that dress now? Were you as disappointed as you thought you could be or could you not care less? So happy you found one that made you feel so good.

I just can't believe how different it looked, but I did try it on last, so by that time I didn't even care! I didn't even want to try it on, but done it anyway just incase. One dress I tried on was totally gorgeous, but was 3 sizes too big for me, so even with some pinning and padding, I didn't get a true feel for how it looked which is a shame cos it was lovely. Wouldn't mind seeing if I could try it on in another shop but in a 10.

I've PM'd u Kirst_29. Its just about that Ronald Joyce dress u mentioned earlier in the thread x x

Quote Originally Posted by *-suzanne-* View Post
    I can't remember the number of the one I love at the moment, but I'll continue to try on a few different styles just so I can be sure its "the one". Its very simple and classic, a lovely thick satin material, strapless with a straight neckline and a crystal encrusted band around the waist. It was just amazing on! x

Sounds like it's the same dress that I've ordered! I absolutely love it! I've ordered mine from Olivia Cameron Bridal in Falkirk. They have the sample in Coffee which is really lovely but i've ordered the ivory after trying it on in Anne and Bobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by *-suzanne-* View Post
    Today was the day I had my appointment at Anne & Bobbie's to try on the particular dress I'd seen online. Well, what can I say? The dress looked totally different in real life - it has lots of floral embroidery on it which couldn't be seen from the photo. I did pick out 2 other dresses to try on also, and the original one was my least favourite out of the three. I actually didn't like it at all! At the moment however, I am absolutely head over heels with the very first dress I tried on today. I felt amazing in it and loved absolutely everything about it - there was definitely a few teary moments between me and my mum! Still a Ronald Joyce dress but quite different from the first one I had in mind x
    This kind of happened to me, I had my heart set on a benjamin roberts dress I saw online and managed to track it down to try on and when I put it on, it did nothing for me at all. However, while I was there I chose a couple of other dresses (different makes) to try and ended up buying one of them, which was completely different to the benjamin roberts dress. I get to wear it in a couple of days for my final fitting and then in 5 weeks on saturday for my big day! I can't wait! x