Thread: Themes

Default Themes

Hi

I was at my partners cousins wedding on Saturday and her whole theme was what I was thinking for our wedding next year! She will be invited to our wedding and I'm now thinking I will need to re think my plans so it doesn't look like I am copying her ideas : (. Also her dress is one I was going to try on next week! Obviously I won't try it on now, but I must admit I felt a sinking feeling when I seen her wedding as everything she done I loved. I know that sounds really bad and her wedding was fantastic, but I'm now thinking ours is going to be really boring in comparison.

Any sound advice ladies? Am I being a bit bridezilla and stressing over nothing?

Xxx

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

You must both have the same great taste!!! What was her theme? Maybe you could still have the same theme but do it slightly different.

Platinum Member

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it is a very unique theme? As Mrs Adie says it just shows you have great taste and maybe you can slightly change bits to make it unique to you again xx

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

I don't think you should be too worried about it, although I understand why you are! I'm going to a wedding on Sunday (family friends) and I'm really looking forward to it, the couple are lovely, but if i walked in to see stuff that i was going to haev at our wedding (H2Bs family are going on Sunday too) i'd certainly feel a bit deflated! It does, however, mean you have time and the advantage to have a fresh think about what you really want to do and if you could perhaps do the same thing but add to it, bigger and better lol If it turns out you don't want to change anything about your day, then don't! Like Mrs Adie says, it just means you have the same great taste xx
    Last edited by Harajuku80; 22-07-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling!
    Friday 1st May 2015

look at it the other way - if it was really similar then that way you get to think back on how it looked and would you do anything extra to improve it xx

Ladies you are right, I think I just needed a little perspective : ) there are probably loads of things I could for the same theme, it is not that unique, I just don't want Paul's family to think I have stolen ideas! I just need to make it personal to us.

Thank you for your support, at least I hadn't bought the same dress already lol xxx