Thread: Time of month and weight gain...

Default Time of month and weight gain...

Hi girls,

I have worked it out the I will be due my period a few days after the wedding which isnít a huge deal. The problem is that in the week leading up to me getting my period I tend to bloat a lot and put on about 4-5lbs and feel really fat. My wedding is 8 weeks tomorrow and I am going to be /bloated fat for it ***61516; Does anyone else have the same problem with their time of month and putting on weight and does anyone know if there is anything I can do to either stop it or try change when it will happen i.e changing when my cycle is?

Mairi x

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

I'm just wondering if you take the pill through, does it stop the bloating?

Super Senior Member AnotherMrsBrown's Avatar

I went to the Doctors and got a pill you can take three days before your period to delay your period. I dont know if you could take that the month before so it will be delayed when its your wedding?? Im due right over my wedding

I would make an appointment with your Doctors and see what they say.
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

The pill (and other certain types of contraception) can cause bloating around the time of your period, so depending on which one you take, you may be able to keep taking it (have no break) which will change your cycle but I wouldn't recommend it as it can cause havoc with your cycle later on. Maybe avoiding fizzy drinks, excess salt and other foods that can cause bloating in the week or two coming up to your wedding would help too. http://www.womansday.com/health-fitn...loating-117562
    There are also tablets you can get which stop or reduce water retention either at your local supermarket (I know Tesco does them) or pharmacy or Health food shop like Holland & Barratts. If you are really worried about it, maybe speak to your doctor to be on the safe side. xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

Super Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherMrsBrown View Post
    I went to the Doctors and got a pill you can take three days before your period to delay your period. I dont know if you could take that the month before so it will be delayed when its your wedding?? Im due right over my wedding

I would make an appointment with your Doctors and see what they say.
    I've been to see my Dr too and going to take this as I am due on my wedding day x x

Thanks girls. I'm just back from the doctors and typically it was a male I got and he doesn't know....I've to phone him back next week and he's going to ask a female doctor. By the sounds of there isn't alot that can be done that wont really mess up my cycle so I may have just just starve myself the week leading up to my wedding x

Quote Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs Armour View Post
    I've been to see my Dr too and going to take this as I am due on my wedding day x x
    Me three! ,

Quote Originally Posted by xmairix View Post
    Thanks girls. I'm just back from the doctors and typically it was a male I got and he doesn't know....I've to phone him back next week and he's going to ask a female doctor. By the sounds of there isn't alot that can be done that wont really mess up my cycle so I may have just just starve myself the week leading up to my wedding x
    Just realised we are getting married on the same day x x

Yes think I realised that a wee while back x

Super Senior Member AnotherMrsBrown's Avatar

It's rubbish isn't it ladies. I'm going to delay mine until the Monday then will have for first day of honeymoon which doesn't bother me- we don't fly out until Wed then will have fifth day of period on first day in the sun!

That's the plan anyway !!
    FORUMTICKER.NET Ticker

Despite taking the pill in addition to my implant to stop my period, I still had it on my wedding day anyone starting the pill for this purpose I'd recommend starting at least 4-6 weeks before the wedding. Starting 2 weeks before as Nurse told me didn't work and period arrived anyway. You can imagine my horror when my Mum said I had blood On my dress, only to say no sorry it's the way I was looking at it! Never spotted before in my puff, sheer horror!!! Thank God she's just Blind As a bat! X

I read an article yesterday that an Epsom salts bath is good for bloating and quite a few people swear by it. I am going to give it a try as I get married on the day I come off my patch so will be expecting some bloat going on.

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Peachmalbe i also heard that! I'm going to be taking my pill and running packs together throughout wedding and honeymoon and then coming off it for "baby making" (although thats a whole different worry) My friend wasn't on the pill though and went to her doctor and she gave her a one off pill that stopped her period and then let her continue as she were after wedding x
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

What is this magic pill people are talking about? Sounds like something I might want. Although our wedding isn't til next September this is something worrying me. My cycle is completely erratic, it's a fairly even split between being on anticipated time and up to a week late with the occasional week early thrown in by my body, I assume, just to keep me on my toes :-)

Was going to try going on the pill next summer and take it straight through so as to avoid my period and the pain and bloating over the wedding. Poss tmi coming up, sorry, but mine are VERY VERY heavy and painful to the point of being on my hands and knees sobbing until painkillers kick in, however every pill I've been on eventually causes my migraines to worsen and severe acne around my chin, so this other pill sounds fabulous!

Do you just rock on up to the docs and say 'I really don't fancy my period, I'd like a pill to stop it please?'

Quote Originally Posted by mrsfanning2b View Post
    What is this magic pill people are talking about? Sounds like something I might want. Although our wedding isn't til next September this is something worrying me. My cycle is completely erratic, it's a fairly even split between being on anticipated time and up to a week late with the occasional week early thrown in by my body, I assume, just to keep me on my toes :-)

Was going to try going on the pill next summer and take it straight through so as to avoid my period and the pain and bloating over the wedding. Poss tmi coming up, sorry, but mine are VERY VERY heavy and painful to the point of being on my hands and knees sobbing until painkillers kick in, however every pill I've been on eventually causes my migraines to worsen and severe acne around my chin, so this other pill sounds fabulous!

Do you just rock on up to the docs and say 'I really don't fancy my period, I'd like a pill to stop it please?'
    Hi, I went to my Dr and explained my period was due on the day of my wedding he told me there is a wee pill u can get that stops your period for a few days. I just have to go back in August as I get married in September this year. I can give a wee update after I have been in August and my wedding as to how it goes x x

It's called norethisterone and delays your period, it's commonly used use holidays, weddings. Etc s if you ask your go they'll know what your after!

Super Senior Member

I took norethisterone for four weeks when I was having trouble with my period a few years ago. My doctor told me it was good for holidays etc. I come off the mini pill in two weeks and will be taking norethisterone through the wedding and honeymoon. By then the mini pill should be out my system and we'll be able to get pregnant

Norethisterone is fantastic though, without too much detail I had a period lasting 7 weeks and it stopped the same day I took this tablet. It meant I was able to have smears and internals to get to the root of the problem. As we all know, if you bleed during a smear you end up needing another if you can get it from your doc, you're on to a winner x

Advertisers

I have a really important question... My neighbor flooded me so the mold appeared on the wall and ceiling.. while we decide who will do the repair, it has been 4 months already... I read on the internet about this mold and I feel sick... Did I understand correctly that there are air purifiers https://cleanhomeguide.com/best-air-purifier-for-mold/ or disinfectors that clean the air from mold spores?

Advertisers

Roof cleaning is not an easy job. I have been doing this for my own house for a long time instead of hiring professional cleaning service.

I have tested different roof cleaning solutions over time and finally found wet and forget roof cleaning products are the best roof cleaner for moss mold mildew and others.

Can anyone tell me is they any good solutions in market right now better than this product?

Advertisers

Wonder why people search for carpet cleaning machine for pets urine? Dirt, stains and other messes are an unending part of our lives, especially if we have pets. When you find an unsightly stain on your lovely new carpet, couch or car upholstery you want to clean it up without leaving the stain.

And that very moment you look for the best carpet cleaning alternates. With a multitude of carpet cleaners, finding the best is easier said than done. Can someone please tell me which pet carpet cleaner should i buy? I am a bit confused about it now.