Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Errol Park Brides

That looks amazing! Looks totally different doesn't it I hardly recognized the place. Do we need to hire lights? I haven't even thought about that! X

Hey, not sure, there is lights in there so if wouldn't be darkness but depends if you want disco lights or any mood lighting (uplighters etc) xx

Hi Ladies was wondering what the hire costs for errol park were as the venue sounds amazing?

Hi,

I booked it before it had stairs or toilets or anything so I think I got a discount. I paid 2500 but I'm sure it's now 3000-3500 but thats the total cost unlike kinkel byre or kirknewton where it's 4000+ and you still need heating, lighting, tables and chairs so it is a good deal. They are doing the wedding fair in February so if u hold off for a bit u could see it then once its all decorated x

About the lights DLW I'm in May I just figured it would be pretty light and I wouldn't need them. Hmmm I'll need to have a think x

Three posts in a row I need to get a grip but now that it's so close my panic about the to do list is bigger than ever.

Has anyone sorted hair and make up? I think we are staying in the Hilton the night before the wedding but I can't seem to find someone that does hair and make up and doesn't charge a stupid amount for it xx

Hi Korin, it's getting close huh? Once new year is over I'll be with you on the final to do lists!!

You're right about lights, it'll be light until pretty late so would just be any disco lights or mood lighting you wanted, not essential.

For make-up etc got Emma Motion booked. You can see her work on Facebook, she's based in edinburgh so ideal for me for trials etc.

Next on my list is flowers and decorations!

Don't panic it'll be fine

Hope everyone had a good Christmas!!! x

Happy new year everyone!

Don't worry Korin, when we visited in october he had just bought new up lighters and there were little fairy lights around the beams that he said we could use. I want to have festoon lighting which is why I've been in contact with AM lighting, but it's not essential (like most wedding things, but the list keeps growing.....)

Does anyone know if there are long trestle tables that could be used for the top table? Or are they all round?

Also does anyone have any recommendations for catering? We want to have a more informal meal, with a hog roast for the main, but we've had some ridiculous quotes! It's the last big thing we have to do so it would be good to get it sorted soon! x

Happy new year too - a good year to get married I think

I'm having festoons too but luckily work for a sound/lighting company so get to "borrow" what I need that's good he'll have some we can use too!

Not sure about long trestle tables, it was bigger oval one when I was there. Going at beginning of feb, could check for you!

Jamie sent a caterer that they'd had for hog roasts I'll try find out who it was. I'm sure if you read back someone mentioned a hog roast supplier. Good luck hope you find someone reasonable! Good to get things ticked off xx

How much are you guys getting quoted for the festoon hire? Is it for the beams?

There is a rectangular table that fits in between two half circle tables for use as top table. You can get 8 along one side max

No idea about hog roast we are having just a normal meal but I'll keep an ear out and let u know if I hear anything x

Hi Ladies,

I am just about to book my wedding at Errol Park for 2015 so was hoping to hi jack your post too! Went to see it yesterday for the second time in the sunshine, and it was amazing. Toilets are all in and look great too, I took quite a few pictures :-)

Yay another bride! More the merrier. Congratulations x

It's been months since I went to see it I can't wait to go to the wedding fair and get my last peek at it before the wedding. Dying to see the toilets (something I never thought I'd say about my wedding venue!) X

Thank you!

I am chuffed to get the venue booked. Catering and music are the next missions. I have a couple of pictures of the toilets. Not sure if I can share them on here? They do look great and they really fit in with the style of the place. I will be heading to the wedding fair on the 9th with all the parents so they can have a look. Will be great to see it done up.

I thought the wedding fair was the 13th! I'd love to see pivs if u have them. X

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140111_141526.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	10869The pictures don't really do it justice but this is the ladies. I will post a picture of the cubicles after this. I am pretty sure the fair is on the 9th. I saw the event on a website as well as the Tayside Weddings Facebook page

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140111_141514.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	10870

Welcome mandm and huge congrats on booking our amazing venue!!

So exciting to see more pics and yes never thought I'd be excited by toilets hee!!

Fair is Sunday 9th Korin! We should wear a yellow flower or something so we know who we are not long xx

Oh we def need to catch up for a gab! Are any of you girls doing a photo booth? It's next on my to make list but just don't know how I want it to look.

I can't wait to see it again....be good to have a natter! Not doing a photobooth sorry - pinterest will have loads of ideas. I seen one that did b&w pictures which I really liked but it was based down south. I'm currently sorting invites out, it took me so long to do the save the dates so thought I better get started so that they're ready to go on time and also going to make favours soon. I've also been living at the gym to get these thighs and bum down a size haha.

Hey everyone,

Not been on here for a while and our thread is growing fast! Thank you so much for the toilet pic i love them already! Im heading up again for the wedding fayre in feb along with my entourage, hope to see some of you there.

Korin, im still deciding on what to do for a photo booth too, have you seen the idea on pinterest where they made a white frame from card to look like a polaroid picture and they wrote their names and the date on the bottom? Im leaning towards that but if not just finding a large frame and spraying it gold. Trying to decide where i can set it up too, my first thought was in the archway that leads you out the back entrance but might also be nice in the little room beside the bar. hmmm starting to stress a bit.

sugar

I would ideally like to do a video booth. But would just get a company to come in and set it up.

Wondering if anyone has got any suggestions for caterers? I am planning a hog roast for the main meal as I am (hopefully) having all my guests all day. I realise this may end up costing a fortune! Cannot wait for this wedding fair in February. Hopefully meet up with some good suppliers.

I've just checked and jamie recommended

Kings boar catering
    kurtkynhoff@aol.com
    www.kingboarcatering.co.uk
    01324 483888 / 07850 700729

Not sure if you've tried them!

Sorry I'm veggie so didn't look I to it xx

Ive just got regular caterers sorry m&m .

Things like invites take so much longer than you think don't they! I've sorted my cards out but not sorted any of the inside bits to it. Do you know how you want them to look?

I've seen the polaroid one! I was tempted to make one of those big walls with different frames on it. I've got some spare wallpaper my only problem is transporting it x

Yes they'll be same idea as save the dates just more bits to them. Got a chalkboard style background and then doing yellow chevron stripes for the names bit with some festoon lights which frame it. That prob makes no sense haha but trying to tie it in so it's all rustic and not too formal

Tomorrow I'm having a good ol' DIY day and sorting those kinda things x

Thanks DLW, will check them out. Jamie's cousin was supposed to set up a catering company but it never worked out. HE did recommend a few though:

he other guys we've had in the past were King Boar (for the hog), www.kingboarcatering.co.uk
    Lazy Sunday- http://www.letsdoalazysunday.blogspot.co.uk/
    And finally - www.humblepie.co.uk

So who is next to get married at Errol Park? I feel like mine is soooo far away!