Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Errol Park Brides

When we went up last time they were setting up for his wife's sister's wedding (or a family member somewhere along the line I can't remember exactly) but he showed us the folley bit and all the chairs were out for the next day so imagine it would be ok.

I wouldn't worry just need to get Q's together and double check so we know either way and can make arrangements for what's needed.

If it's good enough for him it's good enough for me

exactly! can always give them a quick wipe down if needed....but it'll be gloriously sunny and warm for all our weddings so won't be any problems!!! I'm gonna get a shock if it's raining, both times I've been up were the hottest days - am taking it as a sign haha.

It's been freezing when I've been so I hope it's not a sign fir me! Wedding day must must must be sunny!

I'm almost at the 100m mark for bunting and I bought loads of tea cups today. Feel like it's finally coming together xx

Nah it'll be sunny sunny sunny!!! May is usually nice and hot!

Aww that's exciting, not long to go now and fab for teacups! Nice and organised! I've got band and caterer done so now can start on decorations

Oh have you applied for temporary license thing? I've got forms but not sent them yet!

What temp licence? For the bar? We have ordered a bar service so I just assumed they would have some kind of mobile licence.

I've just my hair and make up to book and a videographer and that's me done. What band did you go for? X

Just heard from Jamie and they're getting one for the full year soon one less thing to do x

We've just booked the 28th August 2014 for our wedding reception, so excited!! As Shabbychic2be said the toilets have been started (and sound like they're going to be amazing) and Jamie wants them finished for a wedding on the 7th December. The work in the kitchen rooms have started and he talked about getting some better furniture in the small room with the fire and all the horse stuff.

We're going to have both the meal and the dancing in the main room downstairs and will have the ceilidh band hopefully in the middle archway with the tables moved to either side of the room. I don't think we're going to get a dance floor and we'll just tell people to bring flats for dancing.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a ceilidh band who also does covers?

I've started writing a blog about our wedding plans so that my sister in NZ can keep up to date with everything that's going on. If you're interested it's www.something-auld.com. We've got less than 10 months to plan everything!!

The cartel are amazing they are who I wanted. I've booked dawn patrol because the cartel weren't available but both do ceilidh sets and covers.

I'd love some new furniture in the bar room would make such a difference and it's one more thing off my to do list. I hope it doesn't lose that rustic feel though you don't want it to look too venue-y if you know what I mean.

I'll def have a look at the blog. Love swapping ideas x
    Good luck on the wedding dress shopping today x

Thanks for the band recommendations, I'll have a look at both. We both play for weddings for a living so music is hopefully going to be a big part of our day!

I wouldn't worry about the furniture, from the way he's designing the toilets etc it sounds like he still wants it to be rustic. He had some old suitcase trunks as a coffee table so I hope he sticks with that kind of theme!

Hope the dress shopping went well DLW! X

Hi ladies, dress shopping went well - I have 2 contenders Just noticed that Errol Park is having a wedding fair (Tayside Weddings are organising it) it's on 9th February 2014 so will need to go for a peek and see how it's looking all dressed up and maybe see you guys there!! x

Ooooo thanks fir the heads up we will definitely be there! X

I can't wait to see it again

What are you girls doing as centerpieces? And are you putting up decorations downstairs? I'm getting really stuck. I've tried so many things fir the tables but nothing us quite right x

Not decided on that yet, I'm going to start setting my dining table to get ideas on how things will look....thought you were making something? Was it not right? x

Ive made loads, from log piles with vases to baskets with flowers, lanterns flower boxes...just nothing feels right. It's hard as well so many of the photos online are long tables not round and I don't think a runner works as well on a round table. I'm so worried about decorations! X

Hmmm I like the log idea, don't think we'll need runners, like you say they're better for long tables, be fine without. I think once you have plates, wine bottles, water etc all laid out it will be fine! Sure you'll have the room looking fab! Don't worry!

I'll start researching ideas and let you know what I come up with! The one thing I have a small obsession with is succulents - was trying to work these in somehow but not sure where lol...will have dress and caterers sorted by Monday so can get onto decorations after that! x

Oooh they look fab in buttonholes! I'm gonna try flowers on cake stands and see how I feel about that. Decorations are the bug bare just now. Still I'm 120m of bunting down so not long to go.

Oooh did u pick a dress then? X

Im quite pleased with the bunting so far my h2b did get me loads of the wring fabric but I've made do haha. I think I'm almost settled on centerpieces and I think I'm gonna go with cake stands with flowers. I think...might change!

I love love love Jenny packham dresses they are just out of this world gorgeous! X

I know they are just so expensive I tried on Kelly by Stephanie Allen as well (not at all the style I wanted but I adored this dress once it was on) but the price was just ridiculous. Way out my budget! I've ended up with the coffee Justin Alexander 8465 and I love it but I'm I'm two mind if I should have held off and got a slimline lace or beaded dress instead. I think everyone has dress doubts though don't they x

Anyone seen pics from this weekend's wedding? X

Hey

How you doing? Can't sleep!
    I know I love to look at other people's photos just to get a sense of what you can do with the place!

Aww you poor thing. You're not having a great times of it in the dress front are you! Are you going to get on made or have you made a decision. Bet you can't wait till it's done and dusted and in the bag! Whatever you have picked will be amazing I'm sure!

I know that the 6 months mark now eek! I know after new year it will fly in. Still loads to do aswell! I've remade my save the dates and posted them off, bunting and jars is still ongoing but hopefully finished by new year. It's all the wee things that add up x

You were up early today!! Hopefully some photos will appear quick - want to see!! be nice all wintery but yesterday wasn't the nicest day but sure it was still fine.

Oh I know, thought I'd narrowed it down to 1 but when she was saying "ooh so is this your dress" blah blah my head was having a meltdown lol....least I know it's not them! Feel better today knowing I won't have to wear it haha. Will get it sorted am sure or it'll be jeans and a top

Eek 6 months!! Not long...will fly by too but everything will be ready and you'll be able to enjoy your hard work! x

Hi ladies! I was emailing AM Lighting about hiring some lights (funnily enough!) and when I mentioned Errol Park he said to have a look at their facebook page as they did the lighting for the wedding last weekend! So go to https://www.facebook.com/amlighting to see some photos, it looks amazing! x

oooh it looks amazing!!! Do you think I can have a winter wedding in June?? Oh it looks lovely!!