Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Errol Park Brides

I know its lovley already but im sure they will be adding to it if they are trying to make it a fully functioning venue! Thats great, really good you's can share ideas! Well hopefully ill get up next week again so i can put the deposit down are any of u guys hiring the house for the night or weekend?? If not are you gonna stay overnight nearby? Xx

We are staying in Cottages nearby the night before and the night of the wedding. We booked out 3cottages so the bridal party etc can stay together I thought the house seemed a bit too expensive if I'm honest x

Did you book the fingask cottages? i think the same as you about the price so looking for accomodation close by xx

I booked the 3 cottages too, the courtyard? They look lovely and a good prices

I had just emailed them tonight to see how many cottages they had!! i thought they looked lovely and a big difference in price to the house! Xx

Yeh it's Perthshire courtyards it's called. Nice and handy and far more reasonable in terms of cost x

Hi Ladies,

Can I join too please, I'm booked for June 2014 and very excited! It's an amazing venue!

Only have venue & photographer booked so looking at everything else at the moment.

Be good to have somewhere to hear ideas & see what other people do with the space.

Has anyone booked their band? Looking for a ceilidh band.

Debbie

Hi Debbie.

When abouts in June? I'm may 24th so I'll try and keep the place standing for you lol. Ive booked dawn patrol as a band but I HIGHLY recommend the cartel they are amazing and do a ceilidh section for you. Def worth a look.

Im still humming and hawing over centerpieces x

They were great when I went to see them and so so helpful they spent ages helping me find someone else because they couldn't do it. I also looked at milestone who I quite liked but again they were booked for my date. They were the only thing I struggled to book so I'd def do it asap.

I wanted loads of cream flowers and leaves and a nice country cottage feel but it's so so expensive. I think I'm gonna try and make milk jugs or what looks like milk jugs and fill them with flowers but I'm not sure it feels like a lot of work I've really struggled to find a centerpiece which has ticked all the right boxes and I'm fast running out of cash to do them.

we haven't been out since January. We keep meaning to go up but something had always got in the way. I want to go up before it's winter but I said I wanted to go up in summer and that's not happened lol. I'm dying to see some more weddings from it just for ideas and a better look at how the venue is looking in terms of toilets and stairs and general set up. X

They were great when I went to see them and so so helpful they spent ages helping me find someone else because they couldn't do it. I also looked at milestone who I quite liked but again they were booked for my date. They were the only thing I struggled to book so I'd def do it asap.

I wanted loads of cream flowers and leaves and a nice country cottage feel but it's so so expensive. I think I'm gonna try and make milk jugs or what looks like milk jugs and fill them with flowers but I'm not sure it feels like a lot of work I've really struggled to find a centerpiece which has ticked all the right boxes and I'm fast running out of cash to do them.

we haven't been out since January. We keep meaning to go up but something had always got in the way. I want to go up before it's winter but I said I wanted to go up in summer and that's not happened lol. I'm dying to see some more weddings from it just for ideas and a better look at how the venue is looking in terms of toilets and stairs and general set up. X

We have been in contact with a few now so fingers crossed we can that booked & sorted soon.

Country cottage feel sounds lovely, would be very elegant! Sure you'll find something you love, do you use pinterest? Loads of ideas on there.

I was there at beginning of July and no toilets yet but he did say they would have them in. Which stairs do you mean? Everything seemed fine with stairs when I was there but maybe missed something?

Hopefully some more pics will appear, will let you know if I see anything!

Starting to look for dress shops to go and visit tonight so another thing to tick off soon hopefully!

Getting excited now things feel more real since booking Errol x

Hello Ladies! Sorry to barge into your post, but we've also been to see Errol Park and it was fantastic! We are looking at places closer to home (north Scotland) but can't shake Errol Park! How easy are you finding it to sort all the other bits & pieces out? I'm concerned it'll get pricey (ie catering... hog roast yum!) and that my imagination won't stretch to do the place justice with the decor, Would love to hear how you're finding sorting all the logistics out? Thank you!

Glad you loved it, am still in the early planning, have venue & photographer booked. Currently looking at caterers & bands to get them sorted, then dress & kilt soon too.

Apart from it being able to give you a package like a fully functioning venue would, feel I'm organising as much as anyone else would be if that makes sense?

With decor, the stables has so much character anyway you could do as much or as little as you wanted, at the moment I'm thinking lots of colourful flowers & twinkly lights etc.

Would be good to see some more pics but hopefully some more will pop up

Good luck with everything!

Exciting everyones all getting organised! I was up last week and theres no work on the toilets yet but he did mention them again. I just payed my deposit yesterday but im not till 2015 so i have plenty time! Looking forward to seeing all you lovley ladies pictures xx

Hi Ladies. So happy to have come across your thread about Errol Park. Ive just recently become engaged and have got right on top of the venue search. I've only come across 2 places that have really taken my fancy, Kirknewton stables and Errol park, but I'm under the impression that Kirknewton stables is super expensive!!. Me and my fiance adore the look of Errol park as it has the rustic look we are desperately seeking (plus we want self catering). We're hoping to marry either spring or summer 2015. Would it be cheeky to ask what prices you were quoted for Errol park? and is it cheaper in the spring as opposed to the summer. I only ask because I'd hate to go and visit Errol park for the information and fall for a place that is out of our budget . Hope you can help.P.S. Your wedding idea's all sound fantastic!!
    Last edited by Pambo; 21-08-2013 at 05:33 PM.

When I went originally there weren't really stairs up to the reception room but I'm sure they are in now. Errol park is 2500 but that's way under what kirknewton and kinkel byre will charge.

I totally agree you can do as little or as much as you want decor wise but I've got so addicted to pintrest I have ended up with ideas way beyond my budget lol x

Ahh I see yeah the stairs are in then pinterest has a lot to answer for but it is really good to get different ideas and different styles.

Congrats Pambo!! Sure you will love Errol Park if you decide to go see it, the stables and circular courtyard with tower are all lovely on their own & setting of the place is an added bonus! I was looking for barn/stable feel & looked at cormiston farm but felt if it was raining we'd be a bit stuck, comrie croft as well which is lovely but would really need a lot of work! Didn't go to kinkell as knew it would be too expensive! x

I looked at those venues as well but a lot of it came down to travel time and things for my guests.

Has anyone been up the tower? X

Ooh no, will need to keep that in mind next time I'm up if feeling brave enough! Have you?

Seen one of the pics the photographer went up - hopefully be able to shove mine up there too hee x

Ive not been up but my H2B is insistent that I design us a flag and get it put up. He got really excited about it and then when I mentioned is drawn something up was like what are you talking about what flag....typical!

After much pinterest searching I think I've picked a centerpiece so will try and make it during my lunch hour tomorrow and you can tell me what you think.

Does anyone know if we are allowed in the house for photos? Just on the staircase?

I went through a bit of a wedding slump but this forum def picked me up . X

Haha you should have a flag, be your castle for the day!

Can't wait to see your centrepieces def put some pics up when you get a chance!

Sure if you asked Jamie, he wouldn't mind pics inside! The lounge would be lovely as its so bright!

Sure everyone goes through slumps, only found this forum the other day and it's so good to hear other people going through similar things and also having fellow Errol park brides to get excited with!!

I will def put some pics up.

Ooo ive not been in the lounge! Just think it might be nice to have some fancy house pics to keep my mum happy!

I had to try and find some more Errol park girls I was going out my mind lol so good just to bounce ideas off people and get excited about stuff with people that are in the same boat xx

White jugs? I totally wanted them but they are so expensive online!

They're all a bit different to each other, have 2 white ones the same which were 75p at car boot behind Corn Exchange (50p for one and she convinced me I needed a pair for 75p - couldn't complain). My fave is a black & white stripey one with pink flowers which was 2 at Grassmarket market they have on just now. Ikea have little metal ones which are cute...they're about a fiver each though!!

Oh I'll def need to look about! I'm off to check Ikea website as we speak!