Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Errol Park Brides

Default Errol Park Brides

Hi girls

Thought we could all pick each other's brains a bit for ideas, layouts and suppliers for our big day.

We are booked up for may 2014 and are having the ceremony outdoors, meal upstairs and evening reception downstairs. I'm trying to go for that rustic vintage feel on a budget lol. I've not really sorted out any decorations or extra touches to the venue yet I've been busy trying to book photographers and caterers etc but I've made my centerpieces and tied up my bouquets, picked my dress and the boys kilts and sorted the majority of our things to be booked. Just the finishing details to arrange now

how is everyone else getting on? Do we need to sort out lights for the main hall at night?

Cant wait to hear from you all
    Korin xxx

Hi Korin,

Im getting married at errol park in August 2014. Will be good to share ideas, ive booked the church, caterer, photographer, videographer, band, piper and our accomodation but thats it I have a few ideas for the little touches but currently looking for transport and im finding it most difficult. As for lighting im sure he told us he would have lighting by our wedding. Im stressing a little over the toilet situation, fingers crossed its done by next year.

Shabby x

Are the toilets still not in yet? Are the stairs in place? They weren't last time I visited. I'm making my own bunting and stuff so if it's something I van pass on to you then just let me know. I was quoted far too much for cars so I'm leaving it but to be fair we are getting married on the estate anyway so it no big deal

I think the stairs are in I've seen a wedding online that showed them in a pic but I don't know about the toilets, last time we were there was march and not heard much since. I was planning on making bunting too. Have u seen the picture of the bunting hung across the big archway entrance to the stables? I've seen the same thing at two weddings there, I keep meaning to ask if they have that bunting still cos it seems they have a few decoration bits you can use yourself, lanterns for the ceiling etc.

Yeh that's what I was gonna do with my bunting. And I was thinking about using it in the upstairs room as well. I think we can use the globes in the downstairs barn maybe just need to dust them off a bit. I'm hoping that the stuff will be done by next year but Jamie is just so laid back I don't know lol. Yeh I seen those pics and it looked like the stairs were in which is good. I think I'm gonna pop over in a week or so to show my parents, measure up for bunting etc and check my centerpieces dont look lost on the tables. Are you having your meal upstairs or downstairs? I can't seem to make up my mind.

You seem so organised ha I'm starting to panic! We're having the meal upstairs, I quite like the idea of have the meal and reception in different areas. I need to go up soon too, let me know how you get on when you do, toilet news etc.

I love the idea of having the meal and then being able to walk away from it into a new fresh area. I'm contemplating doing draping across the ceiling upstairs just because I don't like the wood panels but that's def gonna come Down to cost. Where are you having your ceremony? Any centerpiece ideas? It's so exciting x

Ps. Think I'm gonna go up in the next week or so so I will be sure to update you

We're having the ceremony in a church near the centre of Perth. Yeah I'm not too keen on the ceiling either so I was gonna drape bunting across it along the room in a zig zag, if you get me lol. As for centrepieces I quite fancy have lanterns, those metal ones with glass sides and a candle inside or I saw a florist who made cupcakes from flowers and displayed them on a cake stand that was lovely but depends if I can replicate them at a cheaper cost haha.

What about your centrepieces? And where is your ceremony?

It was exactly a year to go for me on Saturday so it's all getting a bit real now

X

We are getting married in the woods in the estate (weather permitting) just because my partner isnt Catholic and bussing everyone to more than 1 location from Glasgow would just give me stress I don't need hehe.

Yeh I thought about doing that with my bunting I'd love to ask Jamie if I could just paint the ceiling white but I think thats a bit cheeky. Found a site that sells material cheap ish so I think I'll buy that and cover the ceiling and if I have money left do bunting. Ive made or at least I think I've made my centerpieces if you give me an email I can show u the stuff I have made so far.

Are you going to go up the week before you're wedding and set it up? I'm so nervous about all that x

Great my email

Yeah I've got a feeling ill be up there every day the week before! I wanted to change the furniture in the little room beside the bar cos it had that white leather sofa in there which I wasn't too keen on. I think there will be a few things Ill need to do.
    Last edited by shabbychicb2b; 07-08-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Hey ladies, sorry to but into your conversation im going to view errol park today, im in love with what i have saw so far on the internet how are you guys finding it? Im worried there will be so much to do, getting caterers and bar ext. Any info would be much appreciated xx

Hi

Oh how exciting. It's gorgeous! I've def found it a bit more expensive than a hotel wedding but have had no problem sourcing catering etc.I think for my meal for 100 plus buffet for 150 I'm 2500 and that includes my linen, tableware, kitchen equipment and staffing. Most mobile bars will not charge you as they will make their money back on the drink sold. The only other thing I can think you might need to organise is the toilets (please let us know if he has done them yet as I still haven't arranged an alternative lol) Jamie is up for anything so you can use the space however you like and it's a big space. It's a lot more real than some of the other barn/stable conversions I looked at which had started to look a but more commercial.

I cant wait to hear how you get on! X

Quote Originally Posted by shabbychicb2b View Post
    Great my email is morag_m_@hotmail.com.

Yeah I've got a feeling ill be up there every day the week before! I wanted to change the furniture in the little room beside the bar cos it had that white leather sofa in there which I wasn't too keen on. I think there will be a few things Ill need to do.
    Perfect I'll send stuff over to you! Our wee group is getting bigger yay now we might have anther person to bounce ideas off of!

P.s I'm working all the week before my wedding so I'm going to be swamped the weekend before cleaning and setting up nightmare! X

I cant wait to visit im going tonight at 5pm, did you get loads of food quotes before u picked a caterer? We fancy a hog roast/bbq thats why we wanted somewere other than a hotel! It took me ages to come across errol park! Xx

I know I was forever searching. I cane across them maybe a year ago before he was advertising and just chanced my arm really. Yeh I got a good few quotes and small family run places are miles cheaper than the company's advertising. We are having a normal sit down meal and then just a buffet at night with breakfast rolls etc x
    It's so exciting I'm sure you will love it x

Aww thats great, well fingers crossed all goes well and i can then ask for some info from you both xx

Def find out about the toilets. I'm hoping he's put new furniture in the bar bit and painted the ceiling upstairs white but that's just wishful thinking lol x

When he emailed me last week with the price he did say they were in the middle of getting toilets and a kitchen and they should be in this year! Yeah i did see the wooden roof, white would look so much better xx

Omg seriously that's amazing news! My caterer will love not being in a shed lol. If you casually mention the roof I'll do it too and see if he will take the hint hehe!

Hi Littlemisshappy,

I dont think its too much to organise the caterer does quite alot for you including the bar and its almost always free. I actually would prefer to do these things myself rather than get a package deal for it all. We are having a BBQ for our evening buffet its really a perfect venue for that type of thing. Let us know how you get on tonight.

That is amazing news about the toilets and kitchen, hopefulyl that will make my catering cost a bit cheaper haha

shabby x

hey girls, i went tonight and loved it! can definetly see the potential! jamie was busy so his cousin showed me round and i have just to email jamie with any questions ext. Toilets and kitchen not in but they did say they were the plans for this year. shabby who did you go with for catering for your bbq? yeah i would love to arrange it all myself rather than a set package they seem to want to be offering full packages by next year. how long are you guys getting to get everything set up and stuff? xx

Thats great news! We booked Regis Banqueting, i found that alot of catering companies will do the BBQ for you, even if they dont advertise it you just need to ask. Jamie said to us we could have the full week before to set up if we wanted to. I guess it just depends if anything else is on that week.

Yeh that's what he said to me so I'll be going up the weekend before taking down any old decorations still up, cleaning no doubt, laying out tables and chairs an dumping centerpieces and decorations/props so that when I go up the day before everything is there already and I can get set up. Just means the outside stuff I will need to do on the day depending on weather but we are a 2pm KO so I'll have plenty of time.

Im so glad you liked it. When are you thinking for your big day? X

Thats great if you can get up the week before to get it all ready, i was thinking he might say the whole day before or something! upstairs was still all decorated from a previous wedding so was good to see a few bits n bobs actually up. Ill have a little nosey on regis at there menu's thinking 2 years from now for the date as im a bridesmaid at a wedding next year so dont wanna be too close with her date xx

Oh you Will have plenty of time then im sure it will be looking lush by then! My best friend is getting married 13days after me hehe but it's been great as we can swap loads of ideas.