Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 23 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Bride!

MrsRtoB - never too early to try dresses on, especially if you have no idea what you want or look good in. Most places are happy for you to try things on and so far I've never had any pressure for the dress

Super Senior Member

MrsRtoB we are so alike! All I look at on the internet is pinterest and wedding websites! lol. Seen so much ideas but just scared to buy anything incase I change my mind. I went for my first dress appointment a couple of weeks ago and have booked a couple for the end of August. Its more to get an idea of what style im going to go for. The proper search will begin after Christmas! The lady in the first shop I went said if I had the dress chosen and ordered by August next year it was perfect timing for a June wedding. Although she ordered her own dress 2 years before her wedding! Its a personal thing I think, some people take a year some a day It is a fun day out though x

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    MrsRtoB - never too early to try dresses on, especially if you have no idea what you want or look good in. Most places are happy for you to try things on and so far I've never had any pressure for the dress
    I have a rough idea of what i think i like but i am opening to trying different styles to see what looks good...maybe a good idea to start soon so ca see what styles suit best and can then try losing a bit of weight and going back to try on styles that suit....

Quote Originally Posted by AFx View Post
    MrsRtoB we are so alike! All I look at on the internet is pinterest and wedding websites! lol. Seen so much ideas but just scared to buy anything incase I change my mind. I went for my first dress appointment a couple of weeks ago and have booked a couple for the end of August. Its more to get an idea of what style im going to go for. The proper search will begin after Christmas! The lady in the first shop I went said if I had the dress chosen and ordered by August next year it was perfect timing for a June wedding. Although she ordered her own dress 2 years before her wedding! Its a personal thing I think, some people take a year some a day It is a fun day out though x
    i think i'm going to start buying wee bits and pieces for bridesmaid gifts - want to make them goodie bags - and rally like though of getting them robes with bridesmaid on back....

that's good to hear about dress shopping - wouldn't want to look a complete eager beaver lol i think i may have to investigate this and like you do the real hunt after Christmas...i remember being with my friend when she was trying on dresses and it looked so much fun..defo will be a good day out...xx

Super Senior Member

Yeah ive started that to Ive bought them personalised hangers for there dresses - which I don't have lol - and crystal transfers which il put on robes! Yeah it was a fun day out, and I figured out what styles best suited me. They also told me the new collections usually come into the shops in Feb-April so its best to go shopping then. Hope this helps! xx

all these ideas. I don't know if I should start to buy things for BM's - one is not a girlie girl so it'll be a voucher of some sort ( if she gets her act together) and the other is my nice so I'm doing a charm bracelet for her. Love the idea of the goodie bags - seen some somewhere but can't remember where - I obviously did not pin it either I wanted to go serious dress shopping in september but i think I've found the one on Saturday but its nothing like I expected and the one I really wanted to try doesn't come into stock till then Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by MrsRtoB View Post
    Welcome sabrina

its all too exciting - its literally all i can think about at the moment - that and trying to get things sorted for a mortgage as planning on buying a house by end of this year...its all go! go! go!............honestly i sit at work and get totally distracted by wedding things land start looking up ideas etc..

i had a dream the other night i was trying on wedding dresses so now have the bug and want to do that soon but not sure if it too early yet...

xx
    Thanks MrsRtoB!

I want to get as organised as possible, 2015 is also my last year of uni which will be pretty intense so won't have as much time to get organised.

I am obsessed at the moment though, I wish some of my friends shared my excitement but like a few have mentioned everyone just things it's too far away to get excited.

Wedding dresses, how exciting!! Have you any ideas what you want? I wanted to try some on over the summer to get an idea of what kind of dresses would be best for a summer wedding but I wasn't sure if shops would think I was mad for going so early!

Xx

Hi Sabrina - sorry I missed your post!

I'm with you and the friends - they all say its so far away even my MOH didn't come to my dress apt on saturday as she arranged a track day instead (after I told her about the apt) The shops are getting used to people coming early - no one has batted an eyelid so far.

Do you know what you are looking for?

Hi Que!

That's a real shame, my MOH is the same - no real interest & it's my sister which makes it worse.

How did your appointment go? Did you see anything?

I've seen a couple I liked, my main requirement is having straps so that has narrowed it down a bit. Quite open to advise & trying different styles though! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sabrina View Post
    Thanks MrsRtoB!

I want to get as organised as possible, 2015 is also my last year of uni which will be pretty intense so won't have as much time to get organised.

I am obsessed at the moment though, I wish some of my friends shared my excitement but like a few have mentioned everyone just things it's too far away to get excited.

Wedding dresses, how exciting!! Have you any ideas what you want? I wanted to try some on over the summer to get an idea of what kind of dresses would be best for a summer wedding but I wasn't sure if shops would think I was mad for going so early!

Xx
    Wow very exciting - last year at uni and wedding I would defo recommend getting the big things booked now as found a lot of places have started taking 2015 bookings already - i hate when people say its still far away - several of my friends have recently got married and they say that you think its a lot of time but really it be here before you know it....

I luv the idea of a big princess dress but just not sure what i would like in one so been chatting to everyone and getting advice - the people on here have been saying its fine to start shopping this early and good to go and get an idea of style so defo look into it soon..

do you know what dress you would like? Have you been recommended any good dress shops?
    x

Hi Que!

That's a real shame, my MOH is the same - no real interest & it's my sister which makes it worse.

How did your appointment go? Did you see anything?

I've seen a couple I liked, my main requirement is having straps so that has narrowed it down a bit. Quite open to advise & trying different styles though! :-)
    i saw a beautiful Romantica dress which is still playing on my mind but i know I need more opinions - doens't help when I have dress already sitting at home that I bought on a whim
    I still want to try more mermaid types of dresses but just not the size at the moment

Super Senior Member

Has anyone had any unique ideas for favours or bridesmaids presents? I don't want to spend a fortune on favours but would love something a little different! I think we all feel the same, we're all so excited but friends/family say 'you've ages yet'. I can't wait til some of my friends get engaged and then I can sit quietly and smile whilst the plan favours 2 years in advance lol x

Hi, I have been reading the thread, and finally yesterday I booked my venue, for the 31st May 2015, making me a 2015 bride now myself.

I actually bought my dress a week ago now, got that even before I had my venue, but when you see one its get it now or wait for new styles, as you never know when it might dissapear, and I loved it. The woman in all the shops I went were lovely and very helpful and I doubt a sale is a sale even when its 2 years to go to the wedding.

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axxezz View Post
    Hi, I have been reading the thread, and finally yesterday I booked my venue, for the 31st May 2015, making me a 2015 bride now myself.

I actually bought my dress a week ago now, got that even before I had my venue, but when you see one its get it now or wait for new styles, as you never know when it might dissapear, and I loved it. The woman in all the shops I went were lovely and very helpful and I doubt a sale is a sale even when its 2 years to go to the wedding.
    Congrats on getting your venue AND your dress! It'll all start to come together now! and Welcome to the 2015 Brides thread! xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

Just been reading the thread and booked our venue and church last week. 6/6/15! So much more to plan but looking forward to going to all the shows in the Autumn! I can't believe it's less than 2 years!!

Super Senior Member

Ahh my first date twin!! Welcome!

And to the merry band we welcome Lozzels. AFX got a date twin already. I'm hoping I'll get a date twin.
    Does anyone else fins at the moment they focus on wedding stuff for a while then drift away again to something different?
    I think I want everything sorted now but I have discovered so far that I am one of these girls who thinks what if... i find something else i like, I can find it cheaper etc etc etc and therefore never makes a decision

Super Senior Member

Yeah Que! Im find I have a few days where i'll be wedding wedding wedding and finding really good ideas but the have to hold myself back and think - maybe il find something else. Its so hard! Never mind in 5 months time we can all say 'Next Year...' x

Senior Member thefuturemrsyoung's Avatar

Hi 2015 brides,

This thread has me so excited. I am pretty new to the forum and also a 2015 bride, I am 11th July 2015 in Kenmore, Perthshire. I have booked the church, reception venue and our band!
    Sabrina, we got engaged in ken more! Are you from the area? Are you having the church? We looked into booking there but it was just a bit too far for our guests to travel. We love it though xxx

Hi All!

New to the forum and have booked our wedding for 29/08/2015 looking like a popular date! Have booked Alloway church and reception at Brig o Doon! Seems so far away but everyone keeps telling me that it will fly in! I think I actually like that though! Its nice to have a while to get excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by emmanic View Post
    Hi All!

New to the forum and have booked our wedding for 29/08/2015 looking like a popular date! Have booked Alloway church and reception at Brig o Doon! Seems so far away but everyone keeps telling me that it will fly in! I think I actually like that though! Its nice to have a while to get excited!!
    wahhhhhhhh another date twin Welcome! x

Quote Originally Posted by thefuturemrsyoung View Post
    Sabrina, we got engaged in ken more! Are you from the area? Are you having the church? We looked into booking there but it was just a bit too far for our guests to travel. We love it though xxx
    Hi future Mrs Young! Sorry for the delay in replying. That's awesome, when did you get engaged? It's really far for our guests as many are for England but we're hoping the will make a couple of days of it and fall in love with it as much as we have, hopefully the 2 years notice will help.

Yes we have booked the church, didn't want to risk the weather for outside and I have a bit of a bird phobia lol!

Have you booked anything yet? x

Advertisers somethingspecialflowers's Avatar

Don't forget to book your wedding florist early also. We have a great team but there has to be a limit and we hate letting our brides down by saying sorry the date has gone. it's never too early to make contact
    Your Award Winning Florist
    Something Special Flowers
    6 Allan Street
    BLAIRGOWRIE
    PH10 6AD
    01250 873237

Hi Ladies I'm a 2015 bride too! So pleased there are more and more appearing on the forum. Been engaged since 11th July 2013 ( my 30th birthday). Wedding booked for 22nd August 2015- having ceremony in the North Church, Perth then reception being held in Crieff Hydro. Have had my dress for the past year and a half and have also booked my band and photographer. Next on the list will be Florist, cake and invitations. Was at a friend's wedding on Saturday and now feel more inspired and excited about my own;part of me wishing it was next year but time will pass so quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Gemz x View Post
    Hi there date twin lol! Where have you booked for? The only thing i'm going to be booking soon is my humanist celebrant to ensure i get one, heard they book up fast. Im also looking forward to taking advantage of wedding fair deals!! xx
    Aww! I have to change my date!! the wedding falls in the middle of the exam period and there is a possibility my brother and neice will have exams that day! totally gutted, so we are going to push it back to the beginning of the summer holidays!
    we decided on another date, so need to get back on to the venue and hopefully it wont be a massive problem.
    Coming back onto this thread has scared the bejesus outta me re my lack of stuff booked! i thought i was doing well with booking the venue! once thats sorted I'll hop on the "organising" band wagon :-)
    Its a humanist we are wanting too - dont even know where to start with that!! Good luck!