Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 22 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Bride!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsRtoB View Post
    OMG! thanks AlmostMrsM, i think i have completely misread the website so I've sent an email for clarification. That could of been a whoopsie xx
    No worries, it can all be very confusing at times and we all try to be as helpful as possible. I'm sure they will keep you right now xx

Re wedding show. Yes you get deals at them for booking but most companies will still put on deals at other time and also most will give you the option to call a few days after the show so you can make up your mind. I'd say the things that are hardest to get is the venue obviously, your band is is v important and a good photographer is also always booked well in advance. Also if your having a humanist ceremony humanists book way in advance. Other than that - don't panic you'll be fine lol for any one interested in flowers, centre pieces etc make believe are having an open weekend this weekend with money off their packages x

Super Senior Member

So happy to see so much 2015 brides! Peaches don't worry about it, you have plenty time. I know people just getting engaged and booking for2015 so you'll be fine. I just couldn't resist booking the main things that I wanted like photographer and band I know our band is nearly fully booked for 2015 summer so I'd get that onto your to do list after your venue
    thank you 2015 for the etsy recommendation! I am now just as addicted to it as I am to Pinterest! X

thefuturemrsyoung

i notice ur location is airdrie,we've booked sherwood video 2 do our video and there based in grahamshill st,maybe worth takin a little look at i thot they were quite reasonable and i "starred" in 1 of there videos b4 when i was a BM lol xx

etsy is fab - love it! what band have you all booked? It's good to see that I am not the only super organised person planning in advance

I'm a 2015 bride too - 26/9/15 - having a four day hooley seeing as its the september weekend.

So far we have the venue the minister (booked before the venue) and the band booked. Having major problems with photographers - grrrr

Our band only has one saturday left for 2014 and most of 2015 is filling up quickly
    2105 - check out coast entertainment, freak music and hire a band for inspiration for bands.

We are not really having a theme but the kilts are sorted. the table plan design is confirmed as is the table names and decoration, The colours of BM's are sorted. The wedding cake design is chosen, the table quizzes are completed and ready to go and my dress is hanging up at my dads.
    My OH says I'm a freak as I'm a project manager so everthing has been split down into tasks and everything has its timeline and deadline - i am seriously sad.

Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    I'm a 2015 bride too - 26/9/15 - having a four day hooley seeing as its the september weekend.

So far we have the venue the minister (booked before the venue) and the band booked. Having major problems with photographers - grrrr

Our band only has one saturday left for 2014 and most of 2015 is filling up quickly
    2105 - check out coast entertainment, freak music and hire a band for inspiration for bands.

We are not really having a theme but the kilts are sorted. the table plan design is confirmed as is the table names and decoration, The colours of BM's are sorted. The wedding cake design is chosen, the table quizzes are completed and ready to go and my dress is hanging up at my dads.
    My OH says I'm a freak as I'm a project manager so everthing has been split down into tasks and everything has its timeline and deadline - i am seriously sad.
    I would love to see your spreadsheets and "project wedding" documents haha! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post

I am totally the same, I work in Events and love a good project! got my spreadsheets and to-do-lists, working on a timeline too I cant help it, I love being organised.

4 day hooley sounds brill! what venue have you gone for?

Has anyone tried Coverwiz for linen? Ive heard they are quite good and just noticed a new post by them offering brides 20% off centre pieces but cant work out if it cheaper to do own centre pieces and just get a company to do linen only..and starcloth i defo want a starcloth.

xx

Super Senior Member

Totally agree with Que! Bands are top of the To Do list. Our band are also fully booked for 2014 and nearly for 2015! Wedding world is crazy haha. I'm a huge fan of spreadsheets, to do lists and timetables. You sound like my kind of girl Que! X

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'm the last in My group to get married (tho first to get engaged) so everyone is saying I'm totally overboard but I can now say I'm not :-)

MrsRtoB the venue for the ceremony and reception is National Piping Centre for the Saturday
    Thursday night my balcony at my flat are all having a party as it will be my last night as a singleton there - so BBQ, fairy lights, booze and lots of banter
    Friday - i'm at my dads so the plan is shopping, cocktails, and then spa with the girls ( not yet organised so subject to change)
    Saturday is the day
    Sunday I'm wanting to start with all my mates who have come up England and brunch with them and some sight seeing ( might actually get onto the big red glasgow bus)
    Monday - i intend getting away with hubby to somewhere nice - skye at the moment is high on the list for a few days ( though with the friends up there I doubt it will be quiet)

Whats a star cloth?

Super Senior Member

I know what you mean, and its so annoying when people say 'you've ages yet'. After New Year we'll all be saying 'Next year...' Im trying to hold back booking/ordering anything like favours, stationary etc to leave me something to do next year haha. Your Thurs and Fri sound like such good fun Que! What a lovely idea. We're hoping to go a mini-moon to Cameron House on the Monday and have our proper honeymoon at the end of summer - fiancÚ works offshore so itl be nice to have the wedding then a little break and a holiday to look forward to when he comes home again Have any of you started 'The Dress' hunt? x

Afx - Yeah we'll be doing a mini moon too not sure when the honeymoon will be as I fear it will coincide with the Moto GP race in Catalunya.

dress hunt was start in September last year before even the date was confirmed. i just cant see me in white/ivory and although being out in some lovely dresses i don't think they are me. I don't know what shape or anything I want. - I've fallen in love with a Justin Alexander dress from 2010 and its not in production anymore and the samples were a size 10 :-(
    But I'm off to wedding wise on saturday to try on some lace dresses and so Justin A dresses.

How about you?

Que- your weekend sounds fantastic!! i think its nice if you keep the occasion going - my friend who just got married had a BBQ for family and friends the day after the wedding and it was great

AFx - it is scary to think that after New Year we will be saying "next year"! i agree that it nice to not get everything sorted right away and leave things for next year otherwise we would be lost lol think next year is all about save the dates and invitations..I'm thinking of doing them myself but not sure yet if this will be cost effective..

xxx

Que - a star cloth is all twinkly lights and makes a beautiful backdrop, you can get them for the front of the top table too :-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wsc2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	9462

Super Senior Member

Sounds fab Que! I went for my first dress appointment last weekend, I never expected to find 'the one' but I now know what styles suit me and what to kind of look for Have booked to go to a couple more stores at the end of august and iv booked in my mum to try on MOB dresses - after having an opinion on every dress I tried on last weekend I thought getting her to try on some will maybe make her realise we all have different opinions on different dresses - sneaky! lol. I cant wait until we can say 'Next year...' How exciting! I admire anyone that can make invitations etc, the creativeness I will reach will be gluing crystals lol. I wasn't thinking on doing save the dates, but people keep asking and re asking when our wedding is again so this may be an idea! x

I promised I wouldn't do any serious dress shopping till after september, but confession time - i have my dress hanging in my dads wardrobe but i think it may be too big when the time comes and the alterations may alter the dress. I'm also one of these people who still need to see other styles. Bad I know.

MrsRtoB - they are lovely

I don't have the MOB problem -just how to get yellow orchids into the red/white and tartan theme. Though my mums best friend is coming with me on Saturday to offer a motherly opinion as she's really my second mum.

Yeah it will be all real once my friends married in March then its all eyes on me.
    I hope to be designing and making our invite and save the dates - we've got a few to send overseas and we really want them to come so they will be sent in sept giving two years to save up.

So AFX where were you for your dress appointment?

Oh my - just got the invoice/contract for the band and i have a huge grin on my face - Its really happening ( only been waiting 8 years!)

Super Senior Member

Que that's great you know what kind of dress you want already! Do you think you'll still go browsing? We went to The Bridal Boutique in Aberdeen. Have made an appointment at Eleganza Sposa for a couple of months time when im in Glasgow, so im looking forward to that! Great news on the band! Did you go for a band local to you? x

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harajuku80 View Post
    Hi AFx, I'm not a 2015 bride (at the moment :S) but I wanted to welcome you to the forum and I hope we can all help you through your planning! Have fun x
    SEE! I just knew it would change! LOL I am now a 2015 bride and looking forward to all the re-organising of my wedding Hope you are still enjoying your planning etc.! xx
    Friday 1st May 2015

Senior Member thefuturemrsyoung's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by julesxx View Post
    thefuturemrsyoung

i notice ur location is airdrie,we've booked sherwood video 2 do our video and there based in grahamshill st,maybe worth takin a little look at i thot they were quite reasonable and i "starred" in 1 of there videos b4 when i was a BM lol xx
    Thanks for the tip Julesxx will give them a wee nosey!! I'm just so excited there are now more 2015 brides! I booked my cars this morning! Yippeee! Totally getting fed up with the "oh you've got ages yet" comments though ...... eh not really in wedding world!!!

i dont know wot 2 do about cars theres a few i like on waterside weddings but i think there a waste of money lol no-one will c me leave the house xcept neighbours,when i arrive at venue all the guests will b inside but feel i need them and then theres the pic opportunities ,which company did u use if u dont mind me askin xx

Super Senior Member

Hi Harajuku80! Welcome to 2015 Bridal World I know the feeling thefuturemrsyoung. Small rant - I put on to facebook that I was excited that I had booked my first wedding dress appointment, to which igot a reply from a close friend saying 'still feels ages away' - thanks for the happy reply! haha. I just have to take deep breaths and think when they are engaged and in my position I will be happy to make some little comments when they get excited 2 years in advance haha X

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Thanks for the welcome, missus! I'm of the thinking that it doesn't matter how far in advance we are planning, its still our wedding day and our friends should be happy for us! I'd be like..'yeah it is ages away but it means longer to get excited and enjoy the planning instead of rushing it! LOL
    Friday 1st May 2015

welcome Harajuku80 ( i'm going to spell that in some many different ways) :-)
    AFX Eleganza sposa is a definite. I was at Wedding Wise in Barrhead on Saturday and now wondering if I have found the one - after the tears. I've already got one dress but worried that taking down two hopefully three sizes will totally alter the dress and ruin the completely beaded bodice.

I feel totally lost at the moment. Elaine at the shop was amazing and even going to phone Justin Alexander for me to look at the dream dress/coat i love.

Hi 2015 brides,

This thread has me so excited. I am pretty new to the forum and also a 2015 bride, I am 11th July 2015 in Kenmore, Perthshire. I have booked the church, reception venue and our band!

Welcome sabrina

its all too exciting - its literally all i can think about at the moment - that and trying to get things sorted for a mortgage as planning on buying a house by end of this year...its all go! go! go!............honestly i sit at work and get totally distracted by wedding things land start looking up ideas etc..

i had a dream the other night i was trying on wedding dresses so now have the bug and want to do that soon but not sure if it too early yet...

xx