Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 21 31 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Bride!

Super Senior Member

Default 2015 Bride!

Hello everyone! Have been meaning to sign up for ages and ive finally gotten round to it! Looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing ideas! Are there any other 2015 brides out there?! Xx

Hi AFx,

I have not long joined the forum - I am getting married in 2015 also and I'm far too excited already. Already booked a couple of things and started to think of ideas for invitations etc..originally the plan was to get married in 2016 but took a look at finances and agreed we could do it in 2015.

x

hi! I booked our wedding on Friday... 15/05/2015 :-) it will fly in!! I dont intend on booking anything at the moment, I will wait until the new year I think before I start booking photographers, bands etc. I'll be taking advantage of discounts at wedding fairs in the new year too :-) x

Super Senior Member

Hi MrsRtoB and weeash! Its just so exciting! We've booked some of the bigger things like photographer and band. Just so we can get what we want! I was persuaded to go trying on dresses last weekend and I officially have the bridal bug! Have either of you booked a venue? x

im 2015 as you can guess. I have booked my chapel, venue, dancefloor(got a really good deal), photographer and band - please be wary as most of the best suppliers get snapped up quickly ive had my band booked since last year and for 2015 summer they are booked most weekends so I would definetly start planning those things which are most important to you quickly

Super Senior Member

Hi 2015! Yeah I was noticing that so booked my photographer, videographer, band, transport and venues! Just wish it was time for all the fun stuff to start! When are you in 2015? x

We have booked our venue, photographer and piper - like you AFx wanted to get bigger things sorted as know these things can get booked up quickly - its crazy how quickly but that is the nature of the business.
    I'm trying to hold off trying on dresses as would hate to see something, get it and then see something else later on....I cant wait though! have you came across any good wedding dress shops - its always hard to judge where to go although i have been recommended a few places..I've aso been told ebay is a brides best friend for bits and pieces
    x

Super Senior Member

Yeah I was so surprised at how fast things were booking up and we know what we wanted so no harm in booking I'm going to stop myself buying anything until next year incase that happens lol. But it was fun to have a shot at the weekend trying on a mixture of styles and actually feeling like a bride! Ive heard Emma Roy down your way is really good and the staff are amazing. A few people I know have bought from there. Are you starting any of your little bits this year? Like colours, favours etc? I feel like im waiting for that time lol x

i get married june 13th (a saturday thankfully). was meant to be june 6th but ended up changing due to hearing our first venue had plans to build on the estate of the house at glenbervie so now glasgow uni followed by solsgirth house where do you get married? im really excited i have already been shopping for dresses and found one that i love - i think it is the one ill go back to but not ordering anything yet. got my wedding insurance sorted at the weekend after bridal studio fiasco so id advise to make that first port of call x

Hi Everyone

WE booked in oct 12 and are 16/05/15 at Glenskirlie castle we've booked our band,photographer,dance floor,chair covers and even managed 2 pick our rings,i've been on e-bay all weekend lookin 4 hen party stuff,i know it's still a while away but saves me rushin at the last min xx

Happy Planning xx

2015: our date is 29/08/2015 at Airth Castle. That's amazing you might have found your dress already I'm a bit freaked out about the whole dress shopping, i am really excited and i have an idea of what i think i would like but then what if i try that style on and think this isn't for me lol this happened to my friend who just recently got married, knew the style she wanted, tried it on and was then back to square 1 as she didn't like the look on her..

wedding insurance is next on list to buy - tried to get it not long ago but we have to wait until 2 years so August this year before we can purchase it.

AFx - I'm thinking about colours etc, have a good idea of what we want but still trying to work out do i make invites/save the dates ourselves or get someone to do it for us...i like being creative but just not sure if it works out cheaper and less stressful to get a pro to do it...as soon as 2014 hits i think i'm going to get really stuck into things.

xx

x

Super Senior Member

Our date is 6th June 2015! It's do hard to not plan but I'm a 'Monica' and love being organised. Managed to do our insurance at the weekend - I had the exact same thought as you 2015 - and our table and chair covers. I'm sure it'll come round fast and we'll all be freaking out before we look round! Haha.
    Airth castle looks beautiful MrsRtoB!
    Our venue is a local church then The Banff Springs Hotel. Hope the summer in 2015 is as beautiful as we've had this past month.
    Thats amazing you've found your dress 2015. I've heard when you've found 'it' you know straight away?
    X

I'm a 2015 bride too. 21/02/2015.

So far we have booked our venue, celebrant, photographer and DJ! I'm quite an organised person so have been ticking something off every month.

We have also set a theme, New York, surprisingly
    Engaged in New York February 2013, getting married February 2015

Quote Originally Posted by weeash View Post
    hi! I booked our wedding on Friday... 15/05/2015 :-) it will fly in!! I dont intend on booking anything at the moment, I will wait until the new year I think before I start booking photographers, bands etc. I'll be taking advantage of discounts at wedding fairs in the new year too :-) x

Hi there date twin lol! Where have you booked for? The only thing i'm going to be booking soon is my humanist celebrant to ensure i get one, heard they book up fast. Im also looking forward to taking advantage of wedding fair deals!! xx

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

Hi AFx, I'm not a 2015 bride (at the moment :S) but I wanted to welcome you to the forum and I hope we can all help you through your planning! Have fun x
    Friday 1st May 2015

Airth is amazing. Been to lots of weddings there for h2bs family and its always been lovely, one of the reasons I went for the aurora group of venues is because every time I go somewhere owned by them the food is amazing. I know I loooove the dress so much and it's a little different to what I thought I'd go for but it's just so amazing I keep wanting to go back to Anne priscilla and try it on. I've decided on colours already going with purple got sample invites through the post on Saturday there and they are amazing so I think I will end up ordering them I love getting to plan so far in advance and not stressing about things and I can pick wee things up as I go along like im going to start buying miniatures as one of my favours soon but ill do it in 3 lots so it'll be about fifty pounds which is what I'd spend on a night out so I won't really miss the cash

Super Senior Member

I've been thinking on miniatures for the men and think il do the same and buy now and again. yeah your totally right, I love being able to change my mind a little and pick up ideas from all the shows without having to stress. Do you mind me asking where you got your invites from? I've got in a couple of samples from Angelfins and they are beautiful but just trying to get some variety. Purple is a lovely colour! And I think suits most! how many bridesmaids do you have? X

Quote Originally Posted by weeash View Post
    Weeash I would honestly not wait until the new year to start booking the big things as this will mean you only have 1 year and 5 months to go. The big things like venue, photographer, videographer, band are usually booked 18months - 2 years in advance!

My wedding is April 2014 and I started booking the big things in September 2012 and a lot of people were already booked!

Ahhhhh I'm the 29/08/2015 too and just along the road at Glenbervie House (part of the Aurora group)

I'm the exact same..Waiting until August to buy my Insurance. All I have booked is our Humanist so far and I had to get my 3rd choice as the first two were booked for that date. Band & Photographers by the end of the year i think!

Soooooo exciting
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Startsomething View Post
    Ahhhhh I'm the 29/08/2015 too and just along the road at Glenbervie House (part of the Aurora group)

I'm the exact same..Waiting until August to buy my Insurance. All I have booked is our Humanist so far and I had to get my 3rd choice as the first two were booked for that date. Band & Photographers by the end of the year i think!

Soooooo exciting
    xxxx
    Hi Date Twin, Glenbervie is beautiful we are having a civil ceremony so our registrar will probably be one of the last things we sort out as has to be done within 3 months of wedding....

very exciting times
    xx

The invite samples I got were from etsy.com they are letterpress ones i cant temember the name of the seller but If your looking for invites defo get on etsy you can also find lots of other things too like favours, stamps etc and another site I'm loving is Pinterest. My brother & sis in law have just arrived home from holiday engaged so I now have two weddings to plan - very excited! Glenbervie is gorgeous aurora venues are all brilliant, I can't fault them

Senior Member thefuturemrsyoung's Avatar

I'm 4/4/15 at solsgirth house. So far we have booked church, minister, reception venue, photographer and band. Decided on ours cars too so going back to book them either this week or next and have started the hunt for a videographer. So glad to see more 2015 brides on here now, makes it all more exciting xx

Quote Originally Posted by MrsRtoB View Post
    Hi Date Twin, Glenbervie is beautiful we are having a civil ceremony so our registrar will probably be one of the last things we sort out as has to be done within 3 months of wedding....

very exciting times
    xx
    I'm not sure if I misread what you meant but you should still book the registrar now, it's only the legal forms that can only be done 3 months before you will still need to secure someone to actually conduct the ceremony, so I would contact the local registry office to your venue and book the registrar now. You can't get married without someone. If its the forms you were talking about sorry for misreading xx

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostMrsM View Post
    I'm not sure if I misread what you meant but you should still book the registrar now, it's only the legal forms that can only be done 3 months before you will still need to secure someone to actually conduct the ceremony, so I would contact the local registry office to your venue and book the registrar now. You can't get married without someone. If its the forms you were talking about sorry for misreading xx
    OMG! thanks AlmostMrsM, i think i have completely misread the website so I've sent an email for clarification. That could of been a whoopsie xx

hey,i am new to this forum , my date is June 2015 and I've just confirmed my venue and church , after reading your posts I'm quite worried now, I am going to the secc wedding show in October to get inspiration and find a photographer, piper, cars,
    what else do I need ?

Also do you get good deals discounts at these shows ? Should I take the credit card ??

I have a rough idea of my colours and decor etc and im in talks with a florist at the moment and i know a good make up artist that I will book .

Thanks p x