Thread: 10 months really too late for a good band?

Default 10 months really too late for a good band?

We started planning our wedding in April and have only recently decided to look for a band over a DJ (FIL-to be offered to pay...). Is it really going to be impossible to find a good band for a Saturday wedding 10 months out?

We were at the Voodoo Rooms showcase this week and liked The Royales and The Jets - I thought their male fiddle player was great and we love the idea of a live ceilidh. Unfortunately the only band still free on our date were the Saturns who I didn't rate. I've been looking at Franco and have emailed to see if they're available. Corra are available but are a minimum 6 piece and 1500 which I think is too big and slightly too expensive.

Can anyone suggest bands who might still be free and have a similar feel to any of these?

Thanks

Hey, I went to a few band showcases& eventually went for house arrest. A couple of my friends have also booked them. They have a website & r also on the coast entertainment website. When I emailed them they were really quick to get back to me. Might b worth a look:-) x

Try lookin online and listenin to some of them and if u like them a lot of bands have a web page that have a callendar tellin u wot dates there available....jst a suggestion.

We're havin Velvet Five who i <3 Good Luck xx

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit86 View Post
    Hey, I went to a few band showcases& eventually went for house arrest. A couple of my friends have also booked them. They have a website & r also on the coast entertainment website. When I emailed them they were really quick to get back to me. Might b worth a look:-) x
    Thanks for replying . I had written off House Arrest as unavailable on our date but I think I'm getting them mixed up with Velvet 5. I'll add them to the list of bands for my OH to check out .

Platinum Member

I would go to Hireaband and they will do the work for you in finding who is free on your date and letting you choose- good luck! Xx

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsJ View Post
    I would go to Hireaband and they will do the work for you in finding who is free on your date and letting you choose- good luck! Xx
    Ooh thanks, I'll email them tomorrow .

Lol, I went to see velvet 5 too if that helps, they were also really good. I went to see house arrest for the 1st time in Berkeley studios near the secc. They were doing a 15 min slot. There was also 2 or 3 other wedding bands playing 15 mins on the same day so was quite good. I'm sure if you contact coast entertainment they would b happy to help. X

Contact music for Scotland, they were fab when we booked our band oh, and we loved The Jets too! Had booked them but then had to change our date and they're booked up so we have now booked Seattle!

I had Corra at my wedding and it was honestly money well spent. If you think you could stretch to it or even come to a deal with the band then go for it, they are worth every penny! X

I got an email back from Franco this morning and they're not available . I've taken the advice on board and have emailed Music for Scotland and Hireaband - fingers crossed!

Our booking window at the moment is 18-24 months. We always advise potential clients not to hang about, although we appreciate this needs to be balanced with checking out your band to make sure you're completely happy with them.

18-24 months? Wow, we only got engaged in March! I guess we never really stood a chance.

I have booked a duet Bleeker, the do live sets and DJ. I know them well from the pub scene in Edinburgh and they are very popular for wedding, they are great at catering to all taste and ensuring people have a great time. They are also the loveliest people you could meet, the will work hard to ensure you and your guests have a great time!

I really can't recommend them highly enough.

http://www.bleekermusic.moonfrut.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/BLEEKER/197246887993

Contact Andy at Coast Entertainment, he was fab at helping me choose my wedding band! They have loads of bands on their books so I'm sure they could find you something that is available.

We booked Aurora, defo worth checking to see if they are available, they get great reviews! x

Hey!

Like someone has, email music for Scotland. They will tell you what bands are available on your date.

We had booked a band last year that we weren't sure about so I got a refund and started looking again.
    We booked Nothern Star in October for our August wedding so anything is possible

Advertisers Vinyl Countdown Showband's Avatar

Hi there, if you're still looking please check us out.

We offer a live fiddle player for ceilidh and would be delighted to check our availablity for you.

You find all you need at www.vinylcountdownshowband.com.

Hope that helps.

Lisa,
    The Vinyl Countdown Showband.