Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Bridal Studio Glasgow

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTee2Be View Post
    Does anyone know how many people have actually received there dresses yet? Has anyone received a dress?

This whole situation is making me ill!! X
    A friend of a friend received her dress yesterday afternoon. I have heard on Facebook that two couriers have been trying to charge the brides money for delivery so if this happens you should threaten to call the police or even call the police.

That is just so awful! Has she got a replacement??

i thought it was 50% also and balance upon arrival of dress but after reading that i thought maybe certain shops had different payment terms xx

Does anyone know of anyone who has actually received their dress?

i have spoken to 1 girls who says she has received her dress.

2 weeks on Thursday, no dress or shoes or veil.

I am freaking out.

Hi girls,

I have read this thread since last Thursday and haven't really replied to it as I didn't know what to say .
    This is an horrible situation for all the brides affected and I can't even imagine what they are going through.

The only thing I can say is that most of charity shops are full of beautiful wedding dresses and I have seen some in a few of them in Linlithgow.

Rubenesque Bridal at Polkement park in West Lothian is selling dresses and I saw the other day while driving past The Enchanted Room in Brighton (Falkirk/West Lothian) that they are having a closing down sales.

Hope it help and hope you will get things sorted before your wedding.

x
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

I can now confirm the safe arrival of my wedding dress, veil and hoop.

Buzzer went at 7.15 am and when I ran to my window there was a man walking away and I threw open my window, he shouted up to ask if I was waiting for my wedding dress and when I replied yes he said you're dress is on the way up and another man brought the dress to my door. I thanked him in a high pitched voice and he smiled and said there you go hen very politely. He did not ask for any money.

I had hoped to get a photo of the van but they were offski by the time I put my dress down in my room and made my way to the front window. I didn't get a chance to memorise the registration, it was all so fast. It was a large white transit van and the men looked to be in their late 40s/50.

My Benjamin Adams shoes which were paid for in full in October 2011 are missing though. Does anyone know which stockist they order shoes through?

So it's shoe shopping and finding somewhere for alterations today.

I am ecstatic and hope this can provide some hope to girls out there who have seen their dresses and know they were in the warehouse/studio.

BrIng on 18th July xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by LaFutureMrsSneddon View Post

Buzzer went at 7.15 am and when I ran to my window there was a man walking away and I threw open my window, he shouted up to ask if I was waiting for my wedding dress and when I replied yes he said you're dress is on the way up and another man brought the dress to my door. I thanked him in a high pitched voice and he smiled and said there you go hen very politely. He did not ask for any money.

I had hoped to get a photo of the van but they were offski by the time I put my dress down in my room and made my way to the front window. I didn't get a chance to memorise the registration, it was all so fast. It was a large white transit van and the men looked to be in their late 40s/50.

My Benjamin Adams shoes which were paid for in full in October 2011 are missing though. Does anyone know which stockist they order shoes through?

I am ecstatic and hope this can provide some hope to girls out there who have seen their dresses and know they were in the warehouse/studio.

BrIng on 18th July xxxxx
    Great news. So happy you have your dress. Won't be long for you now. I feel for all you girls. Xxx

Super Senior Platinum Member MissMartin's Avatar

BrIng on 18th July xxxxx
    So happy for you! Lets hope this is the start of more girls receiving more dresses.

I'm happy to say that my dress arrived this morning!!! Got a call at 7:30 to say they were round the corner from my mums.
    The dress arrived without alterations done and without the belt i ordered but the dress is here which is the main thing. I have the registration number of the van but not too sure what we could use it for haha so relieved xx

Super Senior Member

I'm so glad people are starting to get their dresses!! What a terrible situation. X

Platinum Member

I'm so happy that some of you girls are getting your dresses delivered. Lets hope lots more of you get them in the next few days. Plus fingers crossed for the ones not ordered that you get your money back and arrange suitable replacements.

Super Senior Platinum Member

BrIng on 18th July xxxxx
    That's great news about your dress x x

Great news on the arrival of the dresses! X

Hi ladies

Just wanted to let you all know that I took delivery of my dress this morning!

It was in storage and the courier was as good as his word.

I truly hope that everyone who has been told their dresses will arrive will as you all deserve to have the dresses you fell in love with xx

Hi, so sorry to hear about all the people affected by this. Great news that some of you are now receiving your dresses! Fingers crossed for the other brides still waiting! I have my dress still that I would be happy to lend to someone in need. In needs dry cleaned though. It's a beautiful strapless Kay Mason, altered from a tie back to a zip back to fit size 12. I also have a long ribbon edged two tier veil and gorgeous Corrine Smith side tiara that Id be happy to lend to a bride in need. x

So happy to hear some of you have started to get your dresses Long may it continue until everyone who was promised that theirs was on their way has been safely reunited with it!

It's so good hearing that some of you have started to receive your dresses. Even though I got a text saying mines would be delivered in the next few days, I don't really believe it until I actually receive it. I was in The Finer Detail yesterday to pay the balance on my bridesmaid dresses and they have told me that when I do get my dress, I can get my alterations done with them when my bridesmaid dresses are getting done. I just need my dress now and make a claim on my wedding insurance for the money I have lost.

Super Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa353 View Post
    It's so good hearing that some of you have started to receive your dresses. Even though I got a text saying mines would be delivered in the next few days, I don't really believe it until I actually receive it. I was in The Finer Detail yesterday to pay the balance on my bridesmaid dresses and they have told me that when I do get my dress, I can get my alterations done with them when my bridesmaid dresses are getting done. I just need my dress now and make a claim on my wedding insurance for the money I have lost.
    Lisa, fingers crossed it will be delivered to you early next week x

I'm so sad for all the brides that have been affected by the Bridal Studio going out of business. I got my dress for my wedding in January from them and had all sorts of problems which I suspected at the time were due to cash flow problems and bad management. When I politely made reasonable complaints to the owner/manager Karen Boyd she behaved in a passive-aggressive manner. I thought she was an absolute horror. I'm sure this problem has been building for at least a year - I paid my dress in full in May 2012 and its delivery to the shop was held up by at least a month because they had failed to pay the balance to the manufacturer (in frustration over the delay I called the manufacturer and they told me so). I posted about it elsewhere on these forums, but it was probably too late for most of the ladies caught up in the current mess. Shame on Karen Boyd - she shouldn't be allowed to run a business ever again.

Anyway, if anyone needs to borrow an Alan Hannah Jennifer in size 12 mines is now dry cleaned and boxed so send me a PM.

Love and hugs to all affected! xxx

anymore dresses delivered today! I'm getting no further communication from the email address!!
    Last edited by MrsTee2Be; 01-07-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Good to see some of the dresses are being delivered and she's keeping to her word with them and i hope that the other Brides2b get something arranged.
    As for the reg of the van - don't post it - we don't the relationship between the studio and these guys so its not fair on them

I've not been on this forum for a while, but caught news of this on twitter and wanted to add another dress to the loan list if anyone needs it - it's a Jesus Piero 165, very pale ivory with long sleeves and a beaded belt. Size ten and will suit 5'2 or thereabouts. Will need dry cleaned and some of the jewelled beads on the belt might need a stitch or two.
    Good luck everyone, so glad to read that dresses are starting to be delivered.

Hi girls. I didn't get any response from the email address at all but I have her mobile number which she seems to reply to. Let me know if you need me to PM you it x

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicolaM View Post
    Hi girls. I didn't get any response from the email address at all but I have her mobile number which she seems to reply to. Let me know if you need me to PM you it x
    I have a mobile number but not getting any reply, could you send to me incase it is a different one??

Thanks xx

Super Senior Platinum Member FutureMrsAdie's Avatar

Hey. Does anyone have a phone number for the bridal studio that they could PM me? A girl I went to school with is flying out to Cyprus tomorrow morning to get married and has still heard nothing about her dress x