Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridal Studio Glasgow

I echo some of the other ladies here and I have my dress, veil, tiara if you would like to borrow them. It's a sottero & midgley dress called Marcela, size 8 corset back. It's not been dry cleaned yet as doing a photo shoot with my photographer in a couple of weeks. It's diamond white (though it's a pale ivory)

My veil is from ivory & co, ivory with crystals through it xx

Update from me:
    My BM called Wtoo who supplied my BM dresses - they have my order and its has been ready for despatch for weeks. I paid for them in Jan this year...and kept being told by Bridal Studio that the dresses would be 'soon' however all this time they were ready but on hold waiting for them to be paid AND THE BRIDAL STUDIO HAD MY MONEY THE WHOLE TIME!!! I could not be any more raging right now! So I now need to get the help of Anne Priscilla to get the dresses delivered there and pay for them AGAIN then claim back money eventually. My dress is bad news, can't find the order and not sure if the dress is even being made now. Thankfully I have appts at Christie Couture, Anne Priscilla, and Ivory Pink on Saturday then June Brides on Sunday - I am just hoping I get something as I was so fussy to begin with....to think I was kicking back feeling all smug last week that 'everything was under control' haha! xx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynsbee View Post
    Update from me:
    My BM called Wtoo who supplied my BM dresses - they have my order and its has been ready for despatch for weeks. I paid for them in Jan this year...and kept being told by Bridal Studio that the dresses would be 'soon' however all this time they were ready but on hold waiting for them to be paid AND THE BRIDAL STUDIO HAD MY MONEY THE WHOLE TIME!!! I could not be any more raging right now! So I now need to get the help of Anne Priscilla to get the dresses delivered there and pay for them AGAIN then claim back money eventually. My dress is bad news, can't find the order and not sure if the dress is even being made now. Thankfully I have appts at Christie Couture, Anne Priscilla, and Ivory Pink on Saturday then June Brides on Sunday - I am just hoping I get something as I was so fussy to begin with....to think I was kicking back feeling all smug last week that 'everything was under control' haha! xx
    Oh Lynsbee what an absolute nightmare for you. Are you able to get the same dress you ordered? X x

Platinum Member

I am so sorry for all you brides that have been affected, I have tears in my eyes, gutted for you.

As some folk might have seen, I was selling my dress on another thread, it hasn't been dry cleaned yet but if anyone needs to borrow it, just let me know, it's a size 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs Armour View Post
    Oh Lynsbee what an absolute nightmare for you. Are you able to get the same dress you ordered? X x
    Yes, pretty sure the BM dresses will be fine (Positive Mental Attitude!) so thats one good thing. Not sure if I'll get my original dress....but there's tons of pretty dresses out there - there will be something. Lets just hope they can deliver in 8 weeks! xx

Platinum Member

Oh and I meant to say, there are threads on this on the 'you and your wedding' forum and brides are saying that they accepted orders in the last 7 days, shocking

Platinum Member

Aww Lynsbee what a nightmare, don't know about you but I am on the wine tonight!!!!! Great attitude to have, I been greetin like a baby! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Lynsbee View Post
    Yes, pretty sure the BM dresses will be fine (Positive Mental Attitude!) so thats one good thing. Not sure if I'll get my original dress....but there's tons of pretty dresses out there - there will be something. Lets just hope they can deliver in 8 weeks! xx
    Lynsbee I'm sure the shops you are going to will do everything they can to help you under the circumstances x

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsJ View Post
    Aww Lynsbee what a nightmare, don't know about you but I am on the wine tonight!!!!! Great attitude to have, I been greetin like a baby! xx
    Have you had an update yet on your Bm dresses? X

Horrible news but it is so nice to see everyone offer their dresses to brides who may be without, kinda restores the faith a bit. I don't get married until September and don't have my dress yet but woul def be happy to loan it to anyone who is stuck (It's Mia Mia, allanah) ribbon and lace bridal boutique in Kilwinning have also offered to help. Good luck to all of the ladies affected xx

What an awful situation! Feel so sorry for anyone affected, have been getting all emotional just reading about it so god knows how you must feel. It is so lovely of people to offer their dresses. I have paid for my dress in full but the shop isnt ordering it until October, keep meaning to get wedding insurance but never get round to it, definitely making it a priority now! Good luck everyone xxx

Hey ladies, just a quick update for anyone who might not know:

LISA MARIE BRIDAL - a dress designer sold within Bridal Studio has also went bust today, as it is owned by the same woman. I am presuming you will all know by now, but just wanted to post just incase. Anyone who has ordered a dress with them, unfortunately the chances are that you won't get it even if its due in the next couple of weeks. It's sickening and upsetting reading all your comments today, I really hope you all get it resolved and get every penny back. x

Just found out that the link to Capri skies is not the owner but the manager Karen Boyd who was manager also of bridal studios. Police have picked the matter up but all of you brides affected have to keep pushing them as they can go into her home etc if they believe a criminal act has been undertaken - last time they found tonnes of dresses stored at this woman's house when Capri skies went under and managed to get them to their rightful owners.

I get married in 3 weeks and my dress is from here...I'm hoping it'll be on its way to me but I feel sick every time I think about it. I also can't contact the designer as they've also want bust I want to cry!! Xx

I got married last July. I bought my mori lee wedding dress and raspberry pink bridesmaid dress from Angelique Lamont. Wedding dress is size 14, bridesmaid dress size 16. Both would need dry cleaned but in excellent if anyone can make use of them.

I've bought my dress from here also. When I got it, it was a brand new dress that was on sale this time last year, so I paid for the whole of it, including alterations but they have had my dress the whole time though. I had also ordered my tiara from there but thankfully a month ago I had went in to chase up my tiara so I have this now. I am hoping that because my dress was already there that I will receive it but I know I will probably have lost my money for my alterations. I only found out about this tonight on my way home from work when my sister-in-law called to tell me. My wedding in is in 4 months time. I have sent an e-mail to the e-mail address that is posted on their web site. I will let you all know if I here anything back. Today has really been a rubbish and stressful day and I have been crying all night. I've just started a new job today, so it had been a tiring day anyway then I got this news about The Bridal Studio and then when I got home part of my kitchen was flooded.

As someone from an insolvency background this is all a little too familiar. Businesses continue to take people's deposits without intending to order the items from the suppliers and instead use the money to keep the bank at bay, rent, pay their staff or use it for other general business purposes. For anyone who has not taken out insurance or paid on a credit card or bank account card that has insurance it may not look good. Unfortunately 'us brides' are way down the chain in seeing any kind of money back! The liquidators fees will be paid first and these can be thousands, then creditors of the company who hold charges over the company assets come next and then there is us

Like a few people have been saying, try to contact the suppliers direct to determine if they have been paid and if they have will they honour your purchase through another bridal store.

I really do hope people affected manage to get everything sorted out. Really feel for you all x

Hi ladies, this is just awful, I really feel for you all. I know there is the fact of spending more money, but are there places which sell 'off the rail dresses'? if your wedding is imminent? I think The wedding store has, or maybe stores would sell samples?x

Advertisers

Hello from Ivory Pinks Bridal Couture in Bothwell. As a stockist of the Watters & Wtoo collections if anyone needs my help to communicate with this designer on their behalf please let me know. Any questions or advice just call Kirsty McLay or Wilma Adams 01698 850558.
    Last edited by Michelle@SWD; 28-06-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Thanks Kirsty, Great post, we are grateful for businesses offering help to communicate with designers
    Kirsty McLay
    Ivory Pinks Couture

Quote Originally Posted by FutureMrsJ View Post
    I am still away with work and have a mammoth 15 hour flight to contend with to get home for Saturday AM then its straight out to the 1st appointment. So...wine is going to wait until its either celebratory (we got a dress yay!) or commisoratory (keep looking boooo) either way that wine cork is getting popped
    If I get myself down or wound up its only doing me harm and not making a difference to the situation. On the upside I've struggled to eat today which is helping me on my slimming mission!!

Good luck to everyone else - the person who posted who is getting married in 3 weeks. OMG everything crossed for you honey xxx

Morning ladies,

Just wondering if anyone has heard of anyone getting their dress yet? X

Platinum Member

Still not heard anything, really wish they would at least answer my email! Has anyone else heard anything?? xx

Hi guys, I ordered my Lisa Marie dress, belt, veil and hoop with them only 3 weeks ago and paid in full. I'm just utterly disgusted that they can do this. These things don't happen overnight (especially when you have enough notice to empty a shop!!) Fortunately for me my wedding isn't until next year, so have time to look for something else. My heart breaks for all the B2Bs out there getting married soon. I contacted my bank about getting my money back as I don't have wedding insurance and paid via my current account debit card and they put me on to Visa's 'chargeback service' - although there's no guarantee, the woman I spoke to seemed positive that I'd get my money back - FINGERS CROSSED. You need to contact your debit card provider and ask them about chargeback. They'll then seek to get money back from the retailers bank. I've been asked to pull evidence together so I've taken screenshots of Lisa Marie and The Bridal Studio's website and made copies of my receipts. I'm feeling completely flat about it all today, all my dreams last night consisted of different suppliers messing up our wedding. I just don't know how the owner of the shop can live with herself. XXX

I've not heard a thing ladies.
    Wedding in 8 weeks and I am totally freaking out. I actually can't believe this has happened. I paid for my dress etc in full in April 2012 and they've it in the warehouse since March waiting for my fitting.
    I'm so gutted

I hear you nfraser, I had horrible dreams last night too, when I managed to sleep that is!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Platinum Member

Just a wee warning ladies, according to another forum two guys in football tops are delivering the dresses and asking for 25 delivery charge or they wouldn't get their dress. The bride in question threatened to call the police if they didn't hand it over as it belonged to her and they handed it over. Looks like the two drivers are trying to make a buck out of your misery (or possibly it's the owner trying to cash in on your desperation). Don't know how true it is but just thought I would give you a heads up.