Thread: Dress alteration schedule

Default Dress alteration schedule

Hi brides to be,

I was wondering if you've been given a rough schedule for how long it will take for wedding dress alterations? Reading online it seems that many sites say to start about 6 weeks before, but I'm sure the lady at Emma Roy said it would take more like months, and to go for my first fitting just after my dress arrives. It's due into the shop in late February and I get married in August. I guess it's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, as it'll depend on how much needs done! But any advice would be great. Also, when should you have your final fitting?

Thanks
    xx

Super Senior Member

Hello,

My dress arrived in store in June, I tried it on when collected and semastress came to see what work was needing done, I then have 1st fitting on 23rd September, my wedding is 30th November.

Hope this helps X

Platinum Member

My dress arrived in February and I get married next week. My first fitting was Aug 1st and second (and last) last night.

I think it varies by store and how they have their alteration service set up but my store didn't want to touch it until 4 - 6 weeks beforehand xx

Created by Wedding Favors

I've been advised 4-6 weeks from my seamstress and someone I know just got theirs done 4-5 weeks before their day. 6 months seams crazy as you can change a lot in that time (in my case more letting the dress out than taking it in!!)

Ive not heard great things about the alteration service by that shop though, PM if you want details.

M xxx

Thanks everyone

Hi Mousken,

My sister bought her dress from Emma Roy and they ask you to go for a try on as soon as the gown arrives, but the fitting you can have whenever you like, normally 12 to 4 weeks before the wedding. e.mail lorraine@emma-roy.co.uk she is fab and will answer any queries.