Thread: Am I right to be a wee bit peeved?

Default Am I right to be a wee bit peeved?

Hi Ladies, I don't know wether i'm right to be a bit peed off or not.
    Where to start!

Had a brilliant day today, had my first fitting which I started crying at! (Thought i'd be fine...nope!)
    But I came home today and emailed my wedding co-ordinator to ask if she had received my last email that was sent on 28th May to sort out numbers, money etc and received an email back to say that shes not going to be around for our wedding in 6 weeks as shes off sick. (Totally not her fault, I completely understand)

This happened before when our first co-ordinator left and no one bothered to tell us and I had to chase a response.

We had 2 awful menu tastings and only went back for a 3rd because of our relationship with our coordinator. It went fine in the end up and we agreed to stay with the venue. But we we're told at our 2nd tasting (not by our coordinator) that if we weren't happy we could take our deposit back and find somewhere else...3 months before our date when our stationary is already in print!
    This all ended in us having a formal meeting with the venue manager to discuss our huge concerns.

We had a great relationship with our coordinator who was down to earth and understanding and couldn't do enough for us, so i'm understandably gutted she won't be there but it's been passed to the person who said we could go somewhere else.

I just have huge concerns that we weren't given the courtesy of an email to inform us of the situation and that the person taking it over hasn't had the best dealing with us and seemed very flippant.

Am I just being silly or am I right to expect some communication and consistancy from the venue we're trusting with the biggest day of our lives?

Thanks in advance ladies

xx

I think you're right. Out of courtesy whoever has taken over should have sent out an email to introduce themselves or at least respond to your email to advise you of the change.

If this isn't the first issue you've had, which it doesn't appear to be from what you've said, I'd ask to speak with someone from management. Like you said it's a huge day for you both & you do not need the stress!

I hope it works out for you!

Best of luck!

Super Senior Platinum Member

You are right to be annoyed. I would contact the venue and arrange a meeting so that you can feel comfortable on your day x x

Thanks for your replies Well I spoke to the new coordinator who has had to pick up some of her weddings and I explained everything to him and we've arranged a meeting to iron out some things. Says he understands but it feels like a textbook response if you know what I mean!
    X

Super Senior Member

You are definitely right to be annoyed! I think a big part of planning a wedding is having someone at the venue to work with and one of the main reasons I didn't book a well known Glasgow venue was due to the wedding coordinator when I was just looking!

Sorry I don't know what else to suggest other than speaking to them and maybe making it clear you expect a full service and will giving them a bad write up if they don't fulfill your expectations.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by loubey_lou View Post
    You are definitely right to be annoyed! I think a big part of planning a wedding is having someone at the venue to work with and one of the main reasons I didn't book a well known Glasgow venue was due to the wedding coordinator when I was just looking!

Sorry I don't know what else to suggest other than speaking to them and maybe making it clear you expect a full service and will giving them a bad write up if they don't fulfill your expectations.

Totally agree with this and also had a similar experience with a well known venue's co-ordinator when we were enquiring and didn't book because of their disinterested, hurried, and frankly rude replies to my emails.

Hope you get it all sorted when you have your meeting with your new co-ordinator and that they pull out all the stops for you to make up for the issues you've had so far xx