Thread: Wedding horror stories

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Default Wedding horror stories

I remember a while ago someone on the forum mentioned she'd been to a few weddings where the bride had went off with the best man! Cut to this week and a girl at work told us about a wedding she'd attended last month where the bride had "disappeared" to the honeymoon suite with her father-in-law!!!
    Was just wondering if there were any other horror stories out there?! xx
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Platinum Member

How horrific, it's like an episode of EastEnders! xx

Senior Platinum Member

Nothing like what your describing just had dodgy chicken, reverends I wanted to slap and photographs that became a free for all (lasted hours!!)

Xxx
    Getting Married at Lochside House - 15th June 2013

Senior Platinum Member Harajuku80's Avatar

OMG! That's awful! Makes you wonder what actually goes through some people's heads! x
    Friday 1st May 2015

Platinum Member

Nothing as crazy or soap-operish as that.

At my cousin's wedding his bride sat in a corner with her BM all night ignoring everyone else while he was giving it loads with "the lads", you'd have thought it was his 21st rather than their wedding. They then proceeded to have words on the dancefloor...

My mum did flowers for the wedding of an American couple once who dreamed of getting married in Ireland. For some reason the ceremony was in a little village and the reception at a hotel about a 3 hour drive away. By the time the bride and groom arrived at the hotel, she had decided she really didn't want to be married after all and had just wanted the wedding. She left her devastated groom to break the news to their guests, most of whom had travelled from the US!!!

Created by Wedding Favors

A friend of a friend had their reception in the winter gardens at Glasgow Green just a month or so ago and it was halted at 9.30pm due to a power cut. Folk started drifting off and by 10pm the night was over.

I was also at a workmate's wedding a few years ago when the young bride & groom had a very passionate snog for their entire first dance - awkward! They disappeared frequently throughout the night and their son was born 9 months later

An ex work colleague of mine was bridesmaid at her brother's wedding last year where one of the guests had a heart attack and a bridesmaid went into labour. At the same wedding!

My sis-in-law is due 2 days before mine so that thought has been giving me cold sweats :-S

Lx

OMG that's crazy!!!! Why would anyone go through with a wedding when they were unsure or having an affair!!!! Mental!! What's the point in saying vows??? Makes me so angry!!! X

Before I tell this story, I hasten to add that I do not know the people involved!!!

This was from a newspaper article from years ago, but it did the rounds a wee while back on Facebook.

A bride and groom both ended up having a domestic at their own Wedding Reception. The Bride assaulted the Groom and both were subsequently arrested and spent their Wedding night in the cells. The reason for the domestic? Prior to any ill feeling, they were enjoying their night and the Groom sat on the Bride's knee in jest. When he got up, she discovered he had left what can only be described as "skid marks" all over her dress!!! Resulting in her having to be restrained and him being assaulted!!!!

You honestly couldn't make it up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by missusc2be View Post
    Before I tell this story, I hasten to add that I do not know the people involved!!!

This was from a newspaper article from years ago, but it did the rounds a wee while back on Facebook.

A bride and groom both ended up having a domestic at their own Wedding Reception. The Bride assaulted the Groom and both were subsequently arrested and spent their Wedding night in the cells. The reason for the domestic? Prior to any ill feeling, they were enjoying their night and the Groom sat on the Bride's knee in jest. When he got up, she discovered he had left what can only be described as "skid marks" all over her dress!!! Resulting in her having to be restrained and him being assaulted!!!!

I must confess, I am sooooo bad, Lol i did have a little snigger when I read this. Imagine trying to explain this hmmm . . . stain to the dry cleaner X

ive seen a marriage not even last to the first dance with the bride throwing her rings back at the groom after someone let slip the groom was sleeping with the MOH the night before .

red wine spilt over the dress resulting in a tearful bride. thankfully soda and white is a classic saviour

weve provided two separate bars in the same venue as his and her family would not mix.

ive dealt with 5 break ups on the night numerous fights inc many drunken brides and MOH, and the two mums.

invariably its the women that are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by missusc2be View Post

LOL I remember this one from the YAYW forum a few years back

xx