Thread: (long) report on my surprise weekend away...

Super Senior Member

Default (long) report on my surprise weekend away...

Hi my hen weekend was quite different to the typical weekend so thought I would write up a wee report about it in case anyone else might like to do something similar...

So the weekend was a complete surprise, my BM's (sis and cousin) had told me the dates but that was it. About a week before I got a kit list through for lots of camping stuff and I thought they were at the wind up but insisted I needed all the stuff...

On Friday my mum arrived to pick me up and I had to wear a wee panda eyemask as a blind fold. We were driving for about an hour and arrived at the destination - Crieff Hydro lodges! There were 13 people for the weekend so we had 2 of the 3 star self catering lodges. They were fab!! Really roomy for that type of accomodation and had all the cutlery etc that we needed!!

Once everyone had arrived we had some introductions and then the BM's made dinner for everyone and we had a wee welcome drinks. They had split everyone into two teams so there was a wee game of hide and seek to find out who was sleeping where etc and I was to float between the 2 teams over the 4 days. After dinner the girls surprised me with a full size tigger outfit that I was to wear all weekend so I drew on some whiskers and got into the spirit of things! We had some Ann Summers style party games and prizes - and a few drinks before we gabbed and went to bed.

Day 2 - we got up early for breakfast and got ready then the BM's presented everyone with their goody bags complete with a lovely bright orange tshirt with 2 embarassing pics of me on the front and back and everyones names etc. We all changed into them and then got ready for the first activity - arts and crafts... Team Roisin got a yellow skip and Team Cheryl had an orange skip and each team was to chose a theme and decorate these accordingly... Team Roisin went for cats and decorated theirs with glitter and made wee ears and stuff and painted whiskers on their faces. Team Cheryl had a baby theme and decorated them up and drew on big black scouse brows and red lips on their faces. We then went for a walk to do the sports activity and have a home made picnic lunch. Unfortunately we got a bit lost and ended up walking up a big massive hill for an hour before my mum refused to walk any further and we walked back lol. We had our lunch and a wee rest back at the lodges.

The next activity was ready steady cook! where the teams were given a set of ingredients and had to design and bake me a wedding cake. They were given 4 wee playdoh tubs to make the cake toppers and everything! This was a really fun one as I'm a keen baker myself and was looking forward to the tasting... I should probably add that there was a lot of healthy competition and rivalry!!

After this we all went to the crazy golf for some more healthy competition then went back and got ready for dinner and had showers etc (takes a lot of time to shower and dry hair with 2 showers!!) Then we went down to the main hotel where they were hosting a ceilidh! (I LOVE ceilidhs!!) when we got their it was mostly kids dancing with their parents but we all got right in and had a ball!! we all got icecreams at the wee break and headed back to the lodges at about 11ish... went back to the lodges to top up with a wee drink or two before bed.

Day three some of the girls had to leave for work and stuff on the Monday so the BM's handed out favours - home made champagne glasses with everyone's name etc on them. They had made wee gift tags with nicknames for everyone from funny points of the weekend so far so that was really nice! After the girls had left the rest of us went to the grassy area (turned out it was a five minute walk in the other direction) and had our sports activities - loads of old kids games - skipping, 3 legged race, egg and spoon race, bean bag balance etc! The weather was absolutely lovely at this point and we all had such a laugh!! The BM's said they were off to get a surprise and then my sis appeared to lead a game of Simon Says... we all had our backs turned when my cousin then appeared with a huge bag of weater balloons and between these and the big bottles of water we had all carried incase of getting thirsty this ended in a big water fight! We went back to the lodges and dried off and then went for a surpise outing (cue the panda blindfold again!) when we were in the car I had thought it was going to be an ice-cream shop but turned out to be an all year round Christmas village shop (I LOVE Christmas!!) so I spent a small fortune in there and then we went for the ice cream lol

We went back for lunch and tidied up our stuff for a while before we had the next activity - Glamour... my sis set up a wee station to get a face mask, hand and shoulder and neck massage, next step was shower, then my cousin did everyone's nails (she had brought normal polish, wraps and a gel kit) and then my brothers gf did the hair (trained hairdresser) and then there was a makeup station! As you can imagine this also took up quite a bit of time to get everyone done - all in all over 3 hours!

Everyone was pampered and preened then we went down to the main hotel for a lovely dinner. We went back to the lodges (we were all fairly exhausted by this point as you might imagine) and we had chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert (I had taken one of the big Costco chocolate cakes and we had to use it up). We had some more drinks and then went to bed.

Yesterday we got up at 7.30 to head to the pool, sauna and steamroom for a wee bit then went and packed up the cars and parked them before heading off to the final surprise activity - archery. I had never done this before and I'm not sporting in the least so wasn't sure how it would go but I was surprisingly good at it - either that or they were all purposely bad haha. We spent just over an hour doing this then headed back to the hotel and had some more ice cream before all heading home!!

It was a non-stop weekend but perfect for me and my lot as we aren't really big drinkers so had lots of stuff to do with a few drinks here and there. I think the girls managed to do the whole lot for less than 150 a head too since they planned loads of it themselves and kept the costs low on food by going self catering and BYOB. We ended up with loads of stuff that we still took home too.

Anyway I hope this hasn't bored everyone to tears but thought it was a bit different to just going away for a drinking weekend I LOVED it!!!

Lou x

Platinum Member

That sounds absolutely amazing Lou, I love it. Your BMs sound fabulous and like a right bunch of nutters (the best kind of nutter), I can just imagine the water fight xx

Created by Wedding Favors

Aww, sounds brilliant! xx

Senior Platinum Member

Sounds like you had a great weekend! xx

Super Senior Platinum Member

Sounds like a fab hen do x

Super Senior Member

Thanks girls. It really was perfect for us right up my street!

Wow. That sounds fantastic!

I'm from Crieff, the hydro has some great activities and facilities!
    Engaged in New York February 2013, getting married February 2015

Wowsers that sounds like the best hen do ever - totally something I would love! x

Super Senior Member Laurabelle84's Avatar

I wish I was at your hen weekend! haha that sounds brilliant, what an amazing job your BM's done! x

That sounds fab xx

Super Senior Member

I know, I can't believe how they covered so many things that I love! I wouldn't have changed one bit of the four days!

Super Senior Platinum Member MrsSneddonToBe's Avatar

Sounds like an amazing weekend! I can only hope mine is as good as this - it sounds perfect. Hope you had a great weekend xxx
    Daisypath Wedding tickers